It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Possible Home Front War.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Lets suppose we do in fact engage in war with Iran. The Iranian military would fight the United States military. Does anyone else think of any other places this possible war between the two opposing countries would take place? Do you think the Iranian military would actually bring the war home? If so, what do you believe they might try to engage in?

Also please consider the possibility of the United States possibly in a World War III situation against China and Russia. Do you think these countries would hurt non military American Citizens? I am young and did not live through any of the previous wars so i wouldn't know what war here at home would be like.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
We have a lot of gun owners in this country, both registered and illegal. You really think it would be wise for them to try such a tactic? In what way could they invade do you think?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I surely hope they don't drop a bomb on us. That's a starter. I doubt that they would, however, once you start a war the lines have already been crossed and opinions change after lives are put at a fatal risk. Maybe a chemical weapon? What war tactics do you guys think these foreign nations would use against us here at home?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It could deteriorate quickly. The Chinese and the Jihadist fight to win...at any costs.

The Chinese could attack by air, come in with special units in through mexico...or as exchange students...or as business people... as will the Jihadists.

I expect that before the Chinese attack mainland USA, they will invade Taiwan, maybe the Phillipines, maybe even Hawaii.... then settle for a Cease fire and use Hawaii as a barter chip and withdraw in exchange for Taiwan.

On the other hand, if you look at a map...China is surrounded by the US and allies...Afghanastan, Japan, S. Korea, now Viet Nam, and India and Diego garcia is a hop-skip-and jump with the B-2s and B-52s.

At home, a series of terrorists attacks would result in a massive persecution and random execution of arab looking immigrants...

Imagine a series of deadly school bus attacks, shopping malls destroyed, or deadly suicide bombings at high school football games. Every redneck and his brother would be taking out 7-11s, hotels, and Quickie marts...mosques and arab immigrant homes would be firebombed, hangings, resurgeance of KKK and NeoNazi groups...militias would form to defend the homeland...aka Mexican border....

Think of the Missouri/Kansas border wars of the Civil War... brutal guerilla warfare and fueds with eye for an eye retibutions. Muslims hanging from street lamps and power poles... Arabs drowned in pigs blood...

It would be a very ugly and terrible war...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Nicely laid out. I know if a war emerges in America, the awaken people who would like to avoid war will undoubtedly have to defend themselves. I wonder if afterwords or in the middle of a World War we will have a civil revolt against the folks who steered us into this mess.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

Dear drkid

Please try to forget the comments of gun owning Americans.

I say this because if there should be a war between the US and Russia and China you will all be vaporized along with all your tin pot guns.

The US should be bring to justice it’s home grown war criminals.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Iran itself could not harm the United States. They could fire some missles at US bases in the Gulf and Turkey but with their level of accuracy they would have to get real lucky to hit anything. Iran could try terror attacks on the US but they really do not have the set up to do so. And Iran is the odd man out in Islam so they would have to worry about other Muslims as much as anything else in trying to do so.

As for Russia and China, lets just stay we ignore reality and they jump in. Unless Russia starts nuking the US then the United States would be near impossible to attack. Neither Russia or China have navies of any worth against the USN. The same is true in the air. Russia would have to strike at Europe and considering the current state of the Russian military they would not get far. China could try and hit Taiwan and US bases in Japan with missle strikes. The PLAF would not last long and the Chinese Navy does not have the capabilities to invade even Taiwan at this point. If you ever need proof that China is all tallk when it comes to Taiwan then all you have to do is look at the fact they have not bothered to build up a the required navy to so.

So what it pretty much comes down to is the USAF and USN are so competely dominate that an attack on the US would near impossible.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by MrSpad]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

A revolt/Civil War may result... I would be more afriad of nuclear weapons from China... they could lose half of their population and still outnumber us and have a global/regional impact. Same with russia.

Consider...they really don't want the USA...they want the USA eliminated. Destroy the US mainland...the US armies in west asia would be rendered useless...refugees. Then China and Russia could begin regional domination...and probably fight each other.

Just think...America is destroyed in a nuclear exchange...then Europe, China, and Russia are the dominant powers ruling in the aftermath of a semi global nuclear holocaust... fighting over the remaining precious and declining resources.

Oddly enough...this is pretty much the scenario laid out in the Bible...aka Revelation.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
Lets suppose we do in fact engage in war with Iran. The Iranian military would fight the United States military. Does anyone else think of any other places this possible war between the two opposing countries would take place? Do you think the Iranian military would actually bring the war home? If so, what do you believe they might try to engage in?

Also please consider the possibility of the United States possibly in a World War III situation against China and Russia. Do you think these countries would hurt non military American Citizens? I am young and did not live through any of the previous wars so i wouldn't know what war here at home would be like.

you do know that iran has actively been fighting proxy wars in afghanistan and iraq from pretty much the beginning?

iran has actively been training and funding the taliban and fighters in both countries..

there is alot of proof of this and no matter how much i dont wanna site these guys but if you really want to know the extent of iranian involvement take a look at the documents realeased by wikileaks.

will fighters ever come to the us? there are articles and videos saying they are already here via the mexican border............

feel free to dismiss anything i have said.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Realistically the only way that Iran could in fact engage in an offensive operation against the United States that would affect the actual states themselves would be through nuclear warfare. Now it is not believed that Iran has nuclear weapons yet, nor do they have missiles with intercontinental range, however for the sake of argument I will put forward two potential nuclear scenarios by which Iran could inflict damage upon the US proper:

First and the more likely of the two: Since engineering a delivery method for a nuclear warhead is actually even harder than building a bomb in the first place, Iran could elect to not even attempt miniaturization of the warhead and instead disguise the weapon in say a shipping container or the like. They could then get this weapon very close, it does not even have to be unloaded from a vessel but could be detonated in port. This scenario has been of grave concern to US and European officials and the broad scanning of entire ships for radiological signatures could be employed if the threat is present.

Second and a less likely scenario would be that Iran could hurry the miniaturization of a nuke by eliminating the re-entry phase entirely. Then Iran could detonate a nuclear device in space or the upper atmosphere resulting in a massive electromagnetic pulse that could theoretically darken a large area of the United States by destroying almost all electronic devices that would have charge at the time under the blast. The actual death toll would be much smaller than a traditional air-bursting nuclear weapon, however everything that runs on electricity would be fried under the area. Damage could total in the trillions.

This scenario is much less likely however because Iran would have to have two things which it currently does not: ICBMs and nuclear bombs. Even more difficult would be the previously mentioned miniaturization of the bomb to fit inside of the ICBM. These things are at closest several years away.

Warfare between China or Russia and the United States is not currently a reasonable forecast scenario due to the interdependence and close ties the nations currently share. As such I will not speculate on the nature of such a conflict beyond saying it would be brief, nuclear and completely devastating, because neither nation has the force projection ability to actually place troops with reasonable supply lines on US soil in large numbers.

I cannot therefore foresee any "Red Dawn" scenario where the civilian population of the United States must take up arms against another nation on their own soil. The old adage of the "Fortress America" still holds true today. The Atlantic and Pacific oceans are far more effective barriers from invasion than anything else, and I am terribly sorry if this ruins the dreams and fantasies of armchair Rambos around America, but you're not going to get your wish, barring unheard-of changes in international relations and military force expenditures.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I know about these foreign terrorist that are coming through the border. I saw the news video a few weeks ago. You speak about proxy wars that have been under the radar for a while. Perhaps the United States has been having a private war overseas with Iran through the public face of the Taliban and the war may be on the verge to become public.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
reply to post by neo96

I know about these foreign terrorist that are coming through the border. I saw the news video a few weeks ago. You speak about proxy wars that have been under the radar for a while. Perhaps the United States has been having a private war overseas with Iran through the public face of the Taliban and the war may be on the verge to become public.

seems like iran is on the news more and more lately maybe its finally comming to a pass.........but then i look at the president and congress and i know nothing is going to happen.

pretty much for the obvious reasons.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If the US attacks Iran, don't be surprised if there are suicide bombers here in the states.
They're here thanks to our porous border.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Mavros]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I believe that if there was a war where it hit the US homeland, it would be a proxy war between China and the US. China has its fingers in alot of different countries, around the world, from Africa, to the Middle East, Asia, South and Latin America. They have been making overatures to Panama, wanting to get into the canal business there. I do know that they have been warming up to Venezeula, to include giving them monetary assistence along with North Korea and Iran. If you watch, then there seems to be a cycle between Iran, North Korea and Venezeula, where 2 of them will make a loud noise, threaten, just get the worlds attention, leaving the other to be pretty much ignored. China is the only lynch pin all of this, only recently revealing a new weapon. I believe that China is facilitating the sharing of technology between all three countries, and brokering the sales of military arms. This has been building as a coalition against the US for years.
I also believe that based off of what all has been building in Mexico with the drug cartels and the weapons they are aquiring, along with the corruption of the military, police and government, that countries like Venezeula, Iran and North Korea are starting to give the cartels training and tactics to enable them to start to cause problems along the border.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I had a thread a while back similar to this if you want to read through some of the responses. Here.

It could happen under certain scenarios. If it should, we still have enough military and law enforcement and civilians with weapons to put up a damn good fight. Thing is, if an attack happens, it'll probably be nuclear or economic. Harder to fight those.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The only way that war visits American soil is by nuclear ordinance.
We have nothing of great enough value to conquest...not enough
mineral resource, no strategic position, no conduit for troop movement,
nothing but armed citizens and open space.

We are truly an island. That is why all American wars are all fought overseas.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
If this hypothetical third world war did begin, it would be fought against the United States' financial infrastructure before any form of physical attack. I believe the beginning of such a war would be started with computers, hacking and gaining access into banks, the stock market, credit card companies, whatever. Everybody knows how dependent we are on such things, we would be crippled to say the least. Of course this is no easy task but with rapidly advancing technology and the so called "security" of said networks, anything is possible.

I don't believe any foreign military will ever possess the power to bring the war to America, not in any of our lifetimes anyway. We have bases all over the planet to ensure this doesn't happen.

Edit: Forgot to mention the possibility of nuclear warfare, but hell, whoever pushes that button first will most likely be responsible for the downfall of all mankind. Nobody will stand victorious in a nuclear war.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Perplexity]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Great thread!

I personally feel a war on the US homeland is already being waged. It just isn't a shooting war. Economic warfare is the chosen path by lesser military powers, a war of attrition so to speak.

The US used economic warfare to bring down the USSR during the cold war. Our government manipulated the price of oil down so as to crush the soviet economy that was based on crude exports, IMO.

The impact of economic struggles significantly affects a nations ability or willingness to fight. This may only be a stepping stone in a larger plan.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mavros
If the US attacks Iran, don't be surprised if there are suicide bombers here in the states.
They're here thanks to our porous border.

If this was the case I think you'd be seeing the same thing happening already in the United States. The way it stands, you haven't been hit since 9-11. Admittedly part of this is luck, but a good portion has to be ascribed to the fact that your security measures (without regard to their legality and morality that's not the point of this post) are working.

Al-Quaeda now has to recruit within your nation, your citizens in order to be able to plan attacks, and even those get foiled. If Iran is backing them, as a growing body of evidence points to, then they too have been unable to infiltrate the US through your boarders thus far.

Now granted there may be sleeper cells or lone agents, but this is conjecture based on what-ifs not past experience. Remember, any agent would first have to get into Mexico, which is of itself quite hard for someone that out of place.

There are tons of people that want to hit you already within the United States, and their inability to goes to show that something is indeed working.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If it does come to this 250+ year old country, it will be a natural flow of war, every country, countries much older than the US have seen war on their shores.

What makes anyone think that we wont get ours? I mean just watching as the country was outsourced, the big financial institutions moved over seas, the mega rich all bought homes and land outside the US, everything is linked to countries out of the way of the next big playing field, the USA.

Who it will be I dont know but I suspect China, will gather as many partners as possible to go against the US and try and take it down. There are much better weapons to use that do as much if not more damage than Nuclear, and leave the real estate up for grabs.

The part that is most disturbing is how American soldiers have been viewed worldwide and especially by our truest enemies, the ones we will see face to face when the war does come to our shores and they will be vicious, they will LOVE to hurt the young, old infirm whoever.

It will be without any moral dignity at all. They will torture and rape indiscriminately. They will kill in ways we would find as gruesome as the pits of hell could bring forth.

They will not speak the language and so will simply be told "That neighborhood, kill them all they are the lowest form of infidel"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join