It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My very difficult diet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have been on a very tough diet since a week or two ago. What I eat is fruits, veggies and all I drink is water. Yes, I still eat cooked and sandwich meats. What's difficult is that I still eat fast food a lot and rarely do I eat candy. I also still drink milk and soda. What can I do to stop myself from cheating?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well one way to let go of the fast foods and sodas is to find healthy replacements that are similar in look and taste. Check out what's available in the frozen food section these days. Many of the Lean Cuisines, Healthy Choice, etc dinners have let go of the preservatives and are useful when you just can't stand another no flavor meal. Some are even offering organic ingredients and whole grains and WG pastas. I understand they aren't as healthy as fresh veggies, but I'm positive they're better for you than fast food stuff.

Ditto on the sodas, check out your supermarket for healthier alternatives,

Good luck, hope it all works out for you,

STM

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
seentoomuch is right about finding healthier alternatives and I'd suggest looking at the list of ingredients on the sodas and fast food etc. That ought to put you off

It might also help to remind yourself why you started the diet in the first place whenever you feel tempted.

Other than that - just say 'No'. Make a firm decision that you will not eat at least one of the prohibited items and then just don't eat it. And keep going - when you feel that you've safely eliminated one thing, eliminate something else.

Be stubborn - it's not always an attractive character trait, but it helps when you are cutting unhealthy foods out of your diet

And lots of fruit - yum! I've been enjoying nectarine and honeydew melon fruit salads recently. That's more tempting than anything else I can think of - except for nectarines, melon and cherries.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by berenike]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Coffee and cigarettes.

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Damn you RR, ...

I've only had about 900 calories today, .. and no carbs.

I'm glucose depleting.

You have to change your mind man, ... you gotta become a freagin tank, in the end it comes down to will power.

... by the way, you will lose weight on that diet, ... but most of it will be muscle.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Fruit is high in sugar...nix the fruits. No way around it...

Soda, just make it diet....although you may want to try Powerade Zero, or the Vitamin Water Zero

For the fast food fix, try turkey burgers (seriously, they don't taste that different, and are a hell of a lot better for you). Fast food places also have salads (BK and Wendys have the best, in my opinion)... BK even has a veggie burger option that is actually decent (and no, I'm not a veggie guy, I'm a steak and potato guy....)

For sweets, try the no sugar candy options (they are surprisingly good, though watch the carb count on these)... I personally get Popsicle brand No Sugar Added Fudge Bars for my choco fix....40 calories each, and about 4 carbs, and no taste difference.

Veggies and water are great, but it's the other stuff that's working against you.

new topics

top topics

join