It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyes on the Skies Over Bushehr Nuclear Reactor

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Yep, like the American Navy are going to allow the Russian ship through the Persian Gulf......

Won't happen.

In the mean time, Ramadam just started and I strongly doubt sparks will fly until it's over but then again nothing surprises me about the Shi'ites as the Sunnies are usually more strict during this fast.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Ironic that I see this thread, I have just finished reading this article in The Atlantic discussing this and quoting anonymous sources. One source states beginning of 2011. Now seeing this thread and linked source I am thinking that it could only be weeks away. Anyway have a read of the article below, one of the most interesting I have read on the subject of late.

The Atlantic

...based on my conversations with Israeli decision-makers, this period of forbearance, in which Netanyahu waits to see if the West’s nonmilitary methods can stop Iran, will come to an end this December. Robert Gates, the American defense secretary, said in June at a meeting of NATO defense ministers that most intelligence estimates predict that Iran is one to three years away from building a nuclear weapon. “In Israel, we heard this as nine months from June—in other words, March of 2011,” one Israeli policy maker told me. “If we assume that nothing changes in these estimates, this means that we will have to begin thinking about our next step beginning at the turn of the year.”

I find it interesting that the MSM are playing games of guess the date, the time must be very near. Of interest in the Atlantic piece is the mention of the 2 Israeli subs in the gulf, something I first read on ATS a month ago (or earlier).

Israeli policy of amimut, or opacity, prohibits acknowledging the existence of the country’s nuclear arsenal, which consists of more than 100 weapons, mainly two-stage thermonuclear devices, capable of being delivered by missile, fighter-bomber, or submarine (two of which are said by intelligence sources to be currently positioned in the Persian Gulf).

So with assets pre-positioned, a deadline looming as fuel is to be delivered it looks to be an interesting month.

If the fuel is to come from Russia, does anyone know when it might arrive?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ozzieman

From what I gather the Russian ship is due for arrival within a couple of weeks - but son't quote me on that.

What I do know is the Japanese merchant ship in the news just recently was hit by an Iranian Submarine and the Iranians allege they have 2 of them out in the Persian Gulf.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Now that is interesting (about the Japanese tanker M Star) being hit by a submarine. Do you have a source for that. The story went dead and I haven't heard about that angle.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
Bloody hells bells, we have been saying to Israel and the US that they need to get their bums in gear for ages now!

Why are they leaving it til one minute before midnight to hit Iran?

They should have sorted this out a long time ago!

Iran has had time to prepare it's forces, line up it's missiles and make it's own plans now.

If Israel / US get a big smack back, they only have themselves to blame.

God, even my 5 year old daughter would know this!

Go ahead mate, mobilize the royal forces. You're closer than we are, eh?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Ozzie

I read it last night and I'll find the link for you asap

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Lately I'm increasingly convinced there won't be an overt strike or war - I think there will be another cold war going forward.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by fraggdya

I personally think if nothing happens by December 2010 then we have Oct/Dec 2011 or Oct/Dec 2012 to look forward to as a definate. It's not a matter of if but when.

What many people don't realise is the summer season of the ME. It's bloody HOT and there's always the risk of sand tsunamis. Mix this with high tech aircraft/helicopters etc and it's a disaster. If anything was to happen this year it won't be before Oct/Nov.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

While I'm looking for the article, you will see a small caption on DEBKA.com's front page but it's subscription issue.

When I find the non-paid subscription I read last night, I'll post it here for you

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
reply to post by minkey53

Why does the US use nuclear power when it has its own oil wells ?

Same with Russia

Why are Iran not allowed their own nuclear reactors to provide cheaper and cleaner electricity ?

Like I said, an attack on Iran is just another attack on freedom as they are far from the evil nation the media likes to paint them as

If Iran made more refineries in the past they wouldn't have the energy problem they have right now and thus the economic crises they're in, or with this government the legitimacy problem.The people of Iran are not free, the greenrevolution showed that, and the government is crumbling[as we've seen with the attack on Ahmedinejad]..An attack on their program will give Israel and all the other arab states more breathing space and might finally topple the evil Islamic fascist state..

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
and let's not forget those nuclear "power" facilities just so happen to be built right on top of Iran's earthquake fault lines.....that in itself is a major disaster waiting to happen all on it's own if they got away with it.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

hey ole chap-we are all in the foxhole now. who shall i thank first, my protecter uncle sam, santa claus, jack the ripper...i mean come the ef on. i still have to scratch my head over all this bloody bull crap!!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Russia gears upto fuel first Iraniannuclear reactor

Just an update. Looks like it's on for next week.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Ive read a lot of articles that when mentioning Israel bombing Irans nuclear infrastructure, the Bushehr reactor wasnt part of the equation so i wouldnt necessarily look at that as having anything to do with the time table.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I personally would like to see a nuclear/chemical/biological weapons free world. With so much more advanced technology, we don't need it, not for weapons, not for electrical power.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

With so much more advanced technology, we don't need it, not for weapons, not for electrical power.

Advanced technology like what, the black / brown coal stations you're getting your energy from now? There are no alternatives to Nuclear, unless you count fossil fuels, or expensive, unreliable, renewables backed up by fossil fuels.

and let's not forget those nuclear "power" facilities just so happen to be built right on top of Iran's earthquake fault lines.....that in itself is a major disaster waiting to happen all on it's own if they got away with it.

That's why you design reactors to be resistant to earthquakes. I call it 'engineering'.

[edit on 13/8/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yes he did a couple of days ago whining about how he has proof Israel knocked off Hariri and not Hizbollah. Hariri Jnr has asked the UN to investigate but quite frankly I think Hariri knows it was Hizbollah and he's trying to buy time or just slowing down the inevitable.

Keep in mind, the LAF is no where near equipped militarily as Hizbollah. The latest I heard is Hizbollah is already planning the downfall of Hariri's Govt and Assad's Syrian Govt.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

In afew short years you'll find Lithium will fast become the new alternative to "oil". There are many other natural resources we have - ever heard of desert sand? You better believe it.

As for building nuclear facilities right on top of a major fault line is complete stupitity and no amount of engineering brillance could withstand a massive big jolt and the opening of cavaties they cause.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join