It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Locust plague

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

The worst locust plague in 30 years is expected to hit regional New South Wales in the coming weeks, and the State Government has begun measures to control the outbreak.
Here is some more of the little freaks coming to get you and your food,behold the apocalypse .
www.essortment.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I would think someone could kill those pest by the thousands with a high power portable radar. They would be microwaved to toast in seconds. I remember stories of birds being cooked, when they flew too close to a military radar dish.

[edit on 8/8/2010 by Larryman]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

Good idea ,but i think its hard to track where they start and where they finish.I once drove through a swarm of the little buggers ,loved it kind of freaky but great fun watching them splatter on the windscreen,would have liked to stand in a swarm with a flamethrower,maybe one day

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I dont think it is that hard to track them they show up on radar big time.

the microwave Idea is a good one, reminds me of where all the bees are going.?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
In some countries they fry these things up with chilli peppers and eat them. They are supposedly pretty good, according to Andrew Zimern of Bizarre foods. Maybe if people started snacking on them, they could put a dent in the population. It might be worth a try. I'd probably eat them myself, if I saw other people doing it. Really, they say bugs have more protein and less fat than meat. I guess it matters what the bugs have been eating, because it can pass to the consumer. But one day there may be more people in the world and less meat, so everyone will have to consider different sources of protein. Maybe if they were cooked right, they'd taste pretty good. I've never tried a bug myself.

top topics

join