It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard time trying to get WU's!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
hi mates,

in the last 2 days it was a "hard time" trying to send and receve the WU's results! the program fails always, and i just get it after 4 to 6 atempts. normaly it resumes in a kind of error.
this is happened to more people? or i must assume that it is some kind of problem with my conections?, i never had this problem before!

thx for any info o this

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
hi kangaxx, yes there is a problem, if you check this thread, you'll see there has been some disscusion already about it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

hopefully it'll get sorted very soon cause I've run out of units to process

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
wow
thx a lot friend

i dont have knowed about that, thx for the link.
yes i wish the same, im trying to get a new WU for the last 2 days

thx once more

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
No probs

It's been quite frustrating , but at least things like this don't seem to happen too often, this is the first time I've experienced any problems with SETI, it's usually pretty reliable.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Hi all!!

Just to say I was able to connect to the SETI@home server this morning, around 0745GMT/ UTC and upload results and download new WU's!!

It took some time (around 15 minutes, with both machines hitting the site with SETIMonitor!!) but I got there, so it *might* be that we are back in business? Good luck to you all!!

d1k

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I just tried and I'm still getting the same error as before

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I may have just gotten lucky, but I re-filled all my caches this morning 05:00 EST. i got three days worth just in case!

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
yes I think there are still a few problems but possibly some of it is down to the sheer volume of people trying to catch up on their uploading of work units. I use SETImoniter and I've found that if I connect to server, it will keep on retrying the connection to SETI and every now and then will manage to get a WU through. It's taking time but it's getting there eventually. I think things will soon be back to normal once the backlog of units have been dealt with , fingers crossed.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
I just tried and I'm still getting the same error as before

Hmm... it's very annoying. Do you use a cache program d1k? SETIMonitor is the one I use and it's very effective (and gives good information about each WU and stores "interesting" results you've crunched - my avatar is one such I crunched months ago). It's very good at "hammering" the web site when you want to submit WU's and download new ones to the cache, so it might be worth a try? (Though you'll need the SETI@home site to be effective in the first place, I imagine, so that you can build up a decent cache - you specify the number you want to download).

Hope that helps d1k? Good luck - keep watching the Server Status board for updates!!

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Over on the SETI Helpdesk forum the staff was griping about automatic re-tries of connection clogging up the works. They were asking people to manually connect for send/receives. Yeah, like that is ever going to happen. They have over five million users! I feel so sorry for their tech guys.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
Over on the SETI Helpdesk forum the staff was griping about automatic re-tries of connection clogging up the works.... I feel so sorry for their tech guys.

It's very contentious isn't it? We ahve the technolgy, gentlemen, and will use it...

Seriously, it must be a nightmare for them - break out the new router and let's get this issue resolved!! (I cache three days WU's for each machine as well, incidentally... 20 for the 2Ghz machine, 25 for the 2.6Ghz...)

new topics

top topics

join