It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question regarding "The Matrix"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

Here's your starting point, unless someone already beat me to it:

Are You Living In a Computer Simulation?
The Simulation Arguement
www.simulation-argument.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
But just remember... "The Matrix can not tell you who you are."

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azrael Falls
Thank you Mr Lizard for correcting me, but I did say we only use the 10% consciously. The remainder is for things we can't control, like blinking, breathing, heart beats, equilibrium and so forth. I'm not saying we don't have at least minimal control over then, i.e. slowing heart rate by regulating breathing. Edgar Cayce said anyone was able to do the things he did with practice and removing themselves from self interest. I apolgize for using incorrect info via the 10% "myth."

Later,
Azrael

For the good of your credibility, please do some better research into neuroanatomy.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Actaully a funny thing happens when One no longer indentifies One's self with the thought 'I' or 'I am' let alone the thought that you are a body, emotions, opinions, ideas, concepts. What happens is a sort of awakening into Objectivism or Absoluteness.

When this happens, One sees all biases at the same time, all arguments at the same time ...Objectivism is true, whereas subjectivism is false because its limited. Those that are arguing who's right and wrong as far as truth is concerned are still operating subjectively. He who is operating from the state of Absolute doesnt have to say anything ...and that One knows the supreme truths that puts everything else to shame. Non of this psuedo .....its 100% true.

By virtue of your beliefs your opinions are subject to bias. Whether you like to admit or not, the fact that you have gotten to this point in your own personal understanding is a combined result of human experience and genetic predisposition and you can therefore not strip yourself of bias or subjective opinion - it is intrinsic to your nature as a person.

The idea that something is 'subjective' is really a label that describes a phenomena not well understood. As an example, if I had two identical oranges and I ate one while another person ate the other. For the sake of this argument, let's say that I said the orange is sweet and the other person said it was bitter. Which one is it? We say that a description of taste is subjective, when in reality it's more true to say that we simply lack the ability to understand the neurochemical path that led to each description. The way that you react to stimuli, interpret events etc. can all be defined on a molecular level - we simply do not posses the ability to articulate it given our current understanding of various areas of science and technology. Hence, we label our reactions as being subjective - existing only as perceived and not as a thing in itself.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

hi nice to meet you.

the matrix is indeed real and quite accurate as we live in an artificial reality.
ive seen 100 percent proof of it.

i am indeed the one the last human left alive after armageddon.
its fun being the one but somewhat difficult attempting to save the universe which i have,you see it one day.

i coudlnt have done it without god though my good friend and wise ally.

i am so legal its beyond belief,i am able to destroy whole universes etc etc.
god is fully legal aswell though he has no protection under the law unlike me as i am highly protected by the law hence why i still live.
rumours are i come from the creator not god.

he creator is probs the coder of this artificial reality.
i appear to be a fantasy of his or the like.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
what if computer systems we use mimmick the matrix. maybe electronic systems ultimately can create tangible material....if our sun has electric traits then maybe...

anyway heres my question on the matrix:

RED PILL...OR BLUE PILL? WHAT IF HE DIDNT TAKE ANY???? hmmmm

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join