It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question regarding "The Matrix"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Three_moons
One word & one line: Perception

You got it, broseph.
Nice to be amongst you.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Thank you Mr Lizard for correcting me, but I did say we only use the 10% consciously. The remainder is for things we can't control, like blinking, breathing, heart beats, equilibrium and so forth. I'm not saying we don't have at least minimal control over then, i.e. slowing heart rate by regulating breathing. Edgar Cayce said anyone was able to do the things he did with practice and removing themselves from self interest. I apolgize for using incorrect info via the 10% "myth."

Later,
Azrael

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
There is no spoon

2nd line

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Azrael Falls

Prove me wrong by running headfirst into a tree with your eyes closed and believing it won't hurt you... Go !

But you're not at that level yet. You'd have to drop all fear and raise your frequency and then you could feel the moisture in the tree.(There's more to it than that.) The Matrix isn't real, but we make it so. Do we really need all those symbols bombarding us every second? Why do we need them?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

And this whole MATRIX nonsense, is mistranslation and pseudo-science. I'm sorry but to say that our parents and children are nothing but the figments of our projected imagination is nonsense. This whole reality is an illusion is churned out on ATS by pseudo-religious and faux-spiritualists too often. Prove me wrong by running headfirst into a tree with your eyes closed and believing it won't hurt you... Go !

LOL, seriously who are you? You postulate that this reality isn't a matrix and you are up against thousands of years of genuises such as socrates, plato, empodecles, buddhism, advaita vendanta, the vedas, individuals who have comtemplated existence fr decades ....and we're supposed to believe you ...HA!!! Laughable.....

I have studied the matrix theory Intensely for hours on end daily for the last decade and your statement is not only a farce but also part of the matrix. I'll give you a million bucks to prove me wrong and it has nothing to do with being in pain after hitting a tree. "tree", "hitting", and "pain" are all part of the illusion

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Reading some of these replies, I have to chuckle...run head first into a tree LOL. No matter how much you believe that it will not harm you if you do it...chances are you will end up in the hospital with a concussion (at the very least.)

Before you go running into trees, make sure you are not in NE Pennsylvania, otherwise I will be taking you away in an ambulance.

Now I can remember when I was just a little guy, say 5-7, maybe 8 years old I used to ask myself if the world I lived in was real or was I dreaming. I used to wonder that all the time when I was a kid. I guess I kind of grew out of the questioning thing and just took reality at face value. Do all children think that way or was I just a nutzo little kid?

I tend to believe more in God. Beside being military, a good portion of my life has been dedicated to fire and EMS services. I have been around many a dead body and it's wierd because I know when we can save someone and when we can't. I can't physically see a soul leave the body but somehow I know when it has left. Not sure how this goes in with the original thread I posted...but it's what came to mind immediately.

Thanks for links you all provided, I will be checking them all out as soon as I can do so uninterupted (*sp?).

-Nate

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

I am by definition a solipsist. These thoughts originated in me when I was six years old. I can't see how anyone can not be a solipsist when starting out in life but maybe I'm biased??

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Your hand and the tree are out of phase. If they were phase aligned you could walk right through it. The universe is a computer. A computer can not exist in a non'computatory substrate. Memory, process, transmission, etc. It is self evident.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
The actual Matrix movie written and created by the Wachowski brothers stemmed from their love of eastern philosophy, buddhism, gnosticism, and especially Advaita Vedanta (end of the vedas)

Some very interesting indeas there dominicus, however, I must just pull you up on one thing, and to me its vitally important I do.
The matrix was not written by the Wachowski brothers it was written by Sophia Stewart a 'black women' it may seem trivia to bring this up but she deserves the credit not the wachowski brothers.

The investigation also stated that ‘credible witnesses employed at Warner Brothers came forward, claiming that the executives and lawyers had full knowledge that the work in question did not belong to the Wachowski Brothers.’ These witnesses claimed to have seen Stewart’s original work and that it had been ‘often used during preparation of the motion pictures.’ The defendants tried, on several occasions, to have Stewart’s case dismissed, without success”.

Another case of the corporations believing they can do anything they want without repurcussions. In the end though she won her court battle

The Matrix & Terminator movie franchises have made world history and have ultimately changed the way people view movies and how Hollywood does business, yet the real truth about the creator and creation of these films continue to elude the masses because the hidden secret of the matter is that these films were created and written by a Black woman

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Another case of the corporations believing they can do anything they want without repurcussions. In the end though she won her court battle

Sorry Franspeaks,
But this has been debunked years ago. Sophia never won any court battles in this and didn't even show up to a major one. Debunked loooooong time ago.

www.examiner.com... AfricanAmerican-Books--Examiner~y2010m2d15-Debunked-Sophia-Stewart-vs-The-Matrix

Actually, the Wachowski's openly admit that some of their ideas came from the Ghost in The Shell Anime move which was a HUGE anime success worldwide. In that Anime, the main charchter also has all those tubes connected to her ala Neo in the Slimy drone pod.

These brothers have been into Easter philosophy Waaaaaaayyyyyy before any trumped up charges ever came up.\

I remember writing a script about a rapper in 98' way before 8 mle ever came out with Emenem but I never sued

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

LOL, seriously who are you?

Mr Lizard.

You postulate that this reality isn't a matrix and you are up against thousands of years of genuises such as socrates, plato, empodecles, buddhism, advaita vendanta, the vedas, individuals who have comtemplated existence fr decades ....and we're supposed to believe you ...HA!!! Laughable.....

So because early philosphers, esoteric teachers and buddhist thinkers believe that reality isn't real, you automatically laugh in the face of the opposition. Despite the Buddhist ideal of 'challenging everything' ...

I too believe EVERYTHING is a matter of vibrating matter, but to say that vibrating matter does not exist is laughable. I can understand how you consider touch and sense an illusion, but the simple fact is.... We CAN touch, feel, smell, see and hear and react to exterior stimulus.

If a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound if nobody is around? No it doesn't.... because the displaced air does not send vibrations to the tiny tiny nerves and bones of the experiencer..... BUT it still DOES cause displaced air.

I have studied the matrix theory Intensely for hours on end daily for the last decade and your statement is not only a farce but also part of the matrix. I'll give you a million bucks to prove me wrong and it has nothing to do with being in pain after hitting a tree. "tree", "hitting", and "pain" are all part of the illusion

Then again, if pain is an illusion, you will prove me wrong by running head first into a tree. Either put your money where your mouth is and rise to my challenge of proving your hours and hours of daily research OR back down.

The choice may very well be yours.

"And those whose hearts are fixed on Reality itself deserve the title of Philosophers. (Plato, Republic)"

[edit on 9-8-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

So because early philosophers, esoteric teachers and buddhist thinkers believe that reality isn't real, you automatically laugh in the face of the opposition. Despite the Buddhist ideal of 'challenging everything' ...

I already challenged you. The greatest minds of History, most of them say this is all Illusion.

I too believe EVERYTHING is a matter of vibrating matter, but to say that vibrating matter does not exist is laughable.

Vibrating matter is just one perspective. If you study what happens to Atoms in Bose-Einstein condensate ...the closer they moved atoms to absolute zero freezing point ...the more the atoms changed, from atoms, to strings, then into an omnipresence ......an omnipresence with no vibration.

I can understand how you consider touch and sense an illusion, but the simple fact is.... We CAN touch, feel, smell, see and hear and react to exterior stimulus.

There is no one doing the touching, smelling, seeing, hearing .... you only "think" there is and thoughts are not the actual. Thoughts are illusion. The mind thinking and labeling is the projector of the illusion. You yourself don't even exist, you are just a thought that thinks that you exist ...find out where the thought 'I' or 'I am' comes from and you will see there is nothing there that you can find.

If a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound if nobody is around? No it doesn't.... because the displaced air does not send vibrations to the tiny tiny nerves and bones of the experiencer..... BUT it still DOES cause displaced air.

These are all just labels, ideas, concepts .....none of them are the actual ..they are just illusuory representations of the actual.

Then again, if pain is an illusion, you will prove me wrong by running head first into a tree. Either put your money where your mouth is and rise to my challenge of proving your hours and hours of daily research OR back down.

Just look at those who said that they broke free from the Illusion, i.e. Christ, Buddha, certain saints. They could walk thru walls, on water, float, etc ...this is just the natural outcome of breaking free from the Matrix. I'm not there yet ....but I have glimpsed this "free of the matrix state" hundreds of times already and know that it is absolute truth and that it is "there" underlying the matrix. The only way to experience that is to relinquish your identity ...relinquish the projector of the matrix.....

"And those whose hearts are fixed on Reality itself deserve the title of Philosophers. (Plato, Republic)"

If you study Plato you will find that some say he is a watered down version of Socrates ....Plato got most of his teachings from Socrates who taught that it is all illusion and that any stance you take can be destroyed ...leaving you with a no stance ...and in that no stance, that chaos ...that is when the matrix falls and the real is seen.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Vibrating matter is just one perspective. If you study what happens to Atoms in Bose-Einstein condensate ...the closer they moved atoms to absolute zero freezing point ...the more the atoms changed, from atoms, to strings, then into an omnipresence ......an omnipresence with no vibration.

You can say the same with these words, that they are merely pixels on a screen, projected with light waves etc etc, but YOU can still read and interpret them, my words can even stimulate chemical reactions in your mind and body, these 'non-existent' pixels can also change thoughts, beliefs and minds.... You think of them as non existent, whereas i consider them everything.

There is no one doing the touching, smelling, seeing, hearing .... you only "think" there is and thoughts are not the actual. Thoughts are illusion. The mind thinking and labeling is the projector of the illusion. You yourself don't even exist, you are just a thought that thinks that you exist ...find out where the thought 'I' or 'I am' comes from and you will see there is nothing there that you can find.

We then that itself is only in a deconstructive sense, we can deconstruct everything, it's much harder to think constructively. This whole abolution of the ego and the lack of identity is again pseudo-spritual and is disagreed with in several circles of both western and eastern descent.

I understand what you are saying... That thoughts are nothing more than electrical impulses on organic matter, which in turn are constructed of cells and are nothing more than chemical events blah blah, BUT you are looking too far inwards, too far to nothingness, the reason you and all the greatest minds can't find the answers is because the further you deconstruct something, the further our current state of understanding fails to see anything.

These are all just labels, ideas, concepts .....none of them are the actual ..they are just illusuory representations of the actual.

But you're simply parroting stuff now. You have to admit that molecules exist for them to exist within the theory of string theory etc , so therefore build outwards, NOT inwards. If you build from the foundations outwards, then you'll realise that these concepts and labels and ideas HAVE to exist, have to have purpose and meaning and substance. Because they DO exist.

I grasp 'your' theory of how our senses are just reactions to stimulus and that the level of conscious that experiences these things have been proven to be signals from an unconscious (almost undetectable) source, but the unconsciousness still exists... the parts of our brain that process these pulses still exist, the parts of our brain that read these words exist...

The greatest part of our evolution is to grow, nothing grows inwards, living beings do not deconstruct themselves.... Nature grows and blooms and strives for the stars (plants, trees, birds etc)...

You're on the right track, but you're walking the wrong way.

Just look at those who said that they broke free from the Illusion, i.e. Christ, Buddha, certain saints. They could walk thru walls, on water, float, etc ...this is just the natural outcome of breaking free from the Matrix. I'm not there yet ....but I have glimpsed this "free of the matrix state" hundreds of times already and know that it is absolute truth and that it is "there" underlying the matrix. The only way to experience that is to relinquish your identity ...relinquish the projector of the matrix.....

Then do it. You're the expert. You're the one who thinks that experiences are illusions. So i'll say it again. Run head first into a tree, or drop a rock on yourself and then tell me it/you doesn't exist.

If you study Plato you will find that some say he is a watered down version of Socrates ....Plato got most of his teachings from Socrates who taught that it is all illusion and that any stance you take can be destroyed ...leaving you with a no stance ...and in that no stance, that chaos ...that is when the matrix falls and the real is seen.

I know. Including your own.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Is that really air you're breathing?

Neo: Why do my eyes hurt? Morpheus: You've never used them before. ...

The mind makes it real.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I understand what you are saying... That thoughts are nothing more than electrical impulses on organic matter, which in turn are constructed of cells and are nothing more than chemical events blah blah, BUT you are looking too far inwards, too far to nothingness, the reason you and all the greatest minds can't find the answers is because the further you deconstruct something, the further our current state of understanding fails to see anything.

Actaully a funny thing happens when One no longer indentifies One's self with the thought 'I' or 'I am' let alone the thought that you are a body, emotions, opinions, ideas, concepts. What happens is a sort of awakening into Objectivism or Absoluteness.

When this happens, One sees all biases at the same time, all arguments at the same time ...Objectivism is true, whereas subjectivism is false because its limited. Those that are arguing who's right and wrong as far as truth is concerned are still operating subjectively. He who is operating from the state of Absolute doesnt have to say anything ...and that One knows the supreme truths that puts everything else to shame. Non of this psuedo .....its 100% true.

But you're simply parroting stuff now. You have to admit that molecules exist for them to exist within the theory of string theory etc , so therefore build outwards, NOT inwards. If you build from the foundations outwards, then you'll realise that these concepts and labels and ideas HAVE to exist, have to have purpose and meaning and substance. Because they DO exist.

You think you know something exists because there is an experiencer or seer of phenomenon. The truth is that there is only a "Just is" and "Isness" about reality about existence. We can say existence is One. Nothing you see or experience is permanent except the "Isness" of everything.

The greatest part of our evolution is to grow, nothing grows inwards, living beings do not deconstruct themselves.... Nature grows and blooms and strives for the stars (plants, trees, birds etc)...

All temporary. Here one day, month, year, decade, century ......gone the next. When its gone ..where is it? Hence the nature of Illusion.

Then do it. You're the expert. You're the one who thinks that experiences are illusions. So i'll say it again. Run head first into a tree, or drop a rock on yourself and then tell me it/you doesn't exist.

Thing is....this is a tricky part. In order to get to that state to do those things ...there is absolutely no ego ......but the want and need to prove one's self is from the ego. What I could do instead is if you sat with me say for 3 hours of conversation ..that in those 3 hours I can directly get you to experience the illusuory nature of the matrix like substance that you call reality. Then after that there would be no need for proof ...you would have a direct glimpse into its nature and would not doubt it.

I know. Including your own.

well Duh!!!!! I have to operate in your subjectivity and duality to even be able to communicate with you. At the end of the day though ...all things are dropped and then the real is revealed ...the matrix falls down. The best stance is no stance. Everything else is Illusion and we have proofs and works of the greatest Illusion destroyers in history, (Christ, Buddha, Monks,, Saints, Mystics, etc)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Since THE MATRIX movie release in 1999, the word Matrix has come to mean a trap or web …a technological program of slavery and control. Although you may sense this is true, most people don’t know “what it is”. The reason you don’t know is because you have never been shown the Real-World matrix. For instance, the Movies are (most likely) named after a Mathematical Program created in 1958 by Wassily Leontief.

Who was Wassily Leontief?

Leontief was born in Munich, Germany in the year 1905.

He was a mathematician who used an 81x81matrix of quadratic equations to solve for every variable of input and output data in the United States economy. For this he won a Nobel Prize. Since that time…a basis software program was created and runs inside the IRS and global banking computers.

That program is called the LEONTIEF MATRIX.

This Mathematical Matrix is about an energy transfer using current-See and your Account-ability. Therefore; banking becomes the primary [accounting] business on the Planet and involves regulation by treaties and global agreements.

These agreements create the rules that control most of the details of your life…where/when you work; how you get food, water and energy to use.

Remember--Neo was told he was born a slave and most people when shown the Real Matrix; they do the same thing that Neo did….they either reject it or want to revolt.

But, THE MATRIX was not about remaining a slave and Revolution was/is not the Solution. THE MATRIX movies were about changing the agreement and then separating from THE MATRIX in peace.

And that is what people must do, CHANGE.

* The right of self-determination of peoples has existed since man has existed

* You are a sovereign, and can claim that sovereignty

* Civil rights without political rights are not a guarantee of freedom

* Civil rights can be taken away, as shown time and time again

* Learn what treaty provides Sovereigns DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY!

* Learn about International Treaties and Agreement and about where one actually finds "their Rights" through their exercise of personal responsibility to become signatory to an International Compact and accepting personal responsibility to Self-Govern.

So,....Are You Able To Think..??

The "system" ...much like as spoken of in THE MATRIX (in number 1 of the trilogy) ....is a program to get someone else to "think for you". As Agent Smith told Morpheus.... "I only say (in words) that its your world...because once we started thinking for you it became our world".

If this is a "battle of the mind", are you going to allow yours to be "seized or captured" by someone else's "capitol idea"?

What If..??

What if the United States did not exist....what would you do? Would you come together in community with others and build a society? Would you set up system of governance?

What would you do?

Would you "self-govern"? Would you establish a culture, a nation, a state? Would you work with others of like-mind? Would you establish protocols for Peace within the State and for treaty with others "states"? What would you do for "yourself and your Posterity"???

There is a very large freight train coming down the path for those that are not "prepared for self-government" and are not looking for and supporting a solution to "come-out" of their debtor-servitude-citizen condition.

Self-Determination Is The SECRET WEAPON To Extricate People From The Real-World Matrix...BUT People Are Not Ready BECAUSE Uncle Sam's Club Doesn't Have It's Boot Crushing People's Windpipes Hard Enough Yet!

"The International Right Of Self-Determination Is Millennia Old Concept And The ONLY Door Left Open By The International Community!" (This Is The Remedy To Get Out From Under Tyranny!)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

If it was true then you would be part of the program and it would be made so that you cant put your hand through things. Kind of like how mario cant just walk through blocks and pipes, he has to jump over them.

edit on 12-1-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
This is why monks and certain Individuals go into caves for decades ..they drop all labels, mind stuff and break free from the matrix ...but breaking free means that you are no more ...personality no more, individuality no more, ....the cost to find the absolute truth is yourself.

Not trying to nitpick, but there's still something there. If there wasn't that'd be annihilationism, and I think the actual truth is meant to be more of a balance between existing and not existing, instead of being completely gone, related to a transcending of all duality. Or to put it simpler : neither self nor not-self.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
For anyone willing to give me the benefit of the doubt ive been contacted by beaings made out of pure blueish light..
Now thay didnt tell me that im in a matrix, but its kinda obvious, iff theres a being that evolved out of its physical body that were all in this illusion.
So for anyone with ears, yes we actualy are in one big lie of a material physical world, I know this for fact, you can try and understand..

(thay were outlines of little meditating men on davidstars aka the merkaba, wheels in wheels, chariot of ascension, chariot of the gods etc.. storys coming from egypt, the bible and allmost every folk there is, and I gotta tell you its true)

So there it is, for anyone that cares... may love and light guide your life PEACE

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I like how this thread has resurfaced after so many months, because I missed it the first go-round.

I admit, I'm very much attached to the material world - my kids, my home, my shoes... but when I was a kid, I would convince myself that I was looking out at the world through a window, or in today's terms a computer screen. The "out-there" wasn't really where I was. It sounds confusing, and I'm having trouble explaining it, but it felt like I was really not part of the world around me - I was just peeking in through the portal I called my eyes. As I got older I lost that "perception" but I remember the sensation really well.

It is an interesting concept regarding the computer programming. If a wall is programmed as a barrier, then yes - you couldn't go through it as a program yourself. Consider World of Warcraft for instance (and yes I play), There are glitches in the programming where you CAN go through trees, etc., but for the most part you can't go through something that is supposed to be "solid". Maybe we are in a program that has been refined to the point where the glitches have been fixed.

On a side note about being able to do things in dreams - I often dream in what I call "WoW dreams". My dream person/reality/self is my avatar. I've noticed also that if I am having a bad dream and it is not going well, I change from the "real world" me to my "virtual world" me and can turn that bad dream into one where I'm pretty much invincible. LOL, people will tell me I play too much (but I really don't). I just find it interesting that if you can change your dream self and circumstance, can you change your "real" self and circumstance if indeed this reality is an illusion as well.

Ah well - just some deep thoughts.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join