It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lithium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Future energy source ,when humans get over oil addiction we may need this place for our next fix.Interesting story ,it's all here watch the video about 26 minutes or read the transcript or not.
www.abc.net.au...
What you can’t see is the epic wealth lurking below the crust. The world’s biggest reserves of a mysterious, and increasingly valuable metal. Lithium.

Until recently its uses were limited and obscure. Lithium has been used to treat mental illness and to build nuclear weapons. But mobile phones, miniaturisation and now the flight to hybrid and electric vehicles has seen its uses and value soar. Lithium is an important ingredient enabling batteries to store and expel power.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Curious that its so important and Afghanistan has one of the worlds biggest deposits - apparently only discovered recently *cough*1980s*coughcough*.

Bolivia has got one of the worlds biggest deposits also, I hope they can become a developed nation from it - it wants to go it alone, without foreign mining companies involvement.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

If they want to go it alone,im sure it will be a rewarding experience and i hope they can do it for the country and its people who are struggling with poverty.They will have to be strong because developers and mining giants will be offering some tempting incentives to own a piece of this cake.
By the way i knew that was Bob behind the 50 cent mask,You dont have time for ATS with the election coming up.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
There's plenty of lithium.

Lithium-ion batteries do not consume lithium. It's not like oil.

Any more than all the lead-acid batteries in cars today are drastically depleting the planet of lead.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Yeah... where has anyone suggested otherwise?

There's little supply in that there is little demand - something that will exponentially change over the next decade or so.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I've been scouring the boards and please forgive me but I am not able to create a new topic yet. Do you know if guerl shade has ever been discussed? I've made a mistake and I'm not sure where to turn, I am not sure where to look. Your alternative energy post was at least promising I was looking into the right place. I cannot find guerl shade discussed anywhere on this Bitnet site or others although it may have a different name right now? Are there dedicated Bitnet site that talks about new fuels for long distance travel beyond the grav point? I am serious, if you know of others then let me know, it would be called guerl shade, "GS", shade, or similar if it were in development or already available.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by flagship

Hi,just post 19 more and start a thread about it,and i am sure someone will find the information you are looking for.I havent heard about Guerl shade and a search only shows makeup products.Try this link for gelled fuels
news.uns.purdue.edu...

new topics

top topics

join