It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need a "None of Your Business" Branch of the Military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Along with the Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force, we need a new branch of the military where everyone of every sexual persuasion can aspire to rise to the rank of four star general: The 'None of Your Business' branch with fashionable offices in the Pentagon.

Every recruit can design their own uniform. Because every army needs a uniform, and dang, I look good in a uniform.

If you have no talent in clothing design, you can choose your uniform from a catalgoue.

Carrying guns is optional if the weapon conflicts with the design of your uniform.

Obviously an efficient uniform would be one that could easily be taken off.

There will be no spies in the 'None of Your Business' branch, because there will be no secrets tolerated of any kind.

Mascara and other makeup will be option, but encouraged.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Explanation: Flagged!

If it is none of my/[y]our business, will my/[y]our taxes still have to foot the bill???

Personal Disclosure: Please note that OL is Aussie but will/would like to play along OK!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

If it is none of my/[y]our business, will my/[y]our taxes still have to foot the bill???

:

Your tax dollars will be spent to make America look more fashionable.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
There's plenty gay men serving in Iraq, Afghanistan, risking (and losing) their lives in pursuit of their nation's objectives. My cousin's one of them, he sleeps in the same tent as his straight mates, he fires the same guns, eats from the same plates, uses the same latrines, flies in the same Chinooks, roughs it just like everyone else. But when he's home he sleeps with other guys because that's his thing.

And you know what ? Apart from some gentle teasing about him being a gay poster boy for the British Army (which he is), the guys with whom he serves couldn't care less about his sexuality. In fact he's been best man at two of their weddings this year already.

And you know what ? I'm so proud of him I could burst.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hey look, a thread for the general forum. I could swear I saw this posted on Craigslist "Rants and Raves."

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You need a "None of our Business" division , that doesn't go off invading innocent nations.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
No, we don't NEED !!

2nd

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
There's plenty gay men serving in Iraq, Afghanistan, risking (and losing) their lives in pursuit of their nation's objectives. My cousin's one of them, he sleeps in the same tent as his straight mates, he fires the same guns, eats from the same plates, uses the same latrines, flies in the same Chinooks, roughs it just like everyone else. But when he's home he sleeps with other guys because that's his thing.

And you know what ? Apart from some gentle teasing about him being a gay poster boy for the British Army (which he is), the guys with whom he serves couldn't care less about his sexuality. In fact he's been best man at two of their weddings this year already.

And you know what ? I'm so proud of him I could burst.

Is that what the OP is about? I did not see it as negative he says

we need a new branch of the military where everyone of every sexual persuasion can aspire to rise to the rank of four star general

I think he is saying he would like to be able to serve openly and rise up in ranks. I think most people would support that. I hope he gets his wish but, not in seperate branch but, in the one he is in now. He also seems like he is very interested in military fashion and designing new uniforms. Maybe he could get a job doing this when he gets out. I say good luck to the OP I hope one day you can serve openly and that you get a job that reflects your love of peace and fashion when you get out.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

There's plenty gay men serving in Iraq, Afghanistan, risking (and losing) their lives in pursuit of their nation's objectives. My cousin's one of them, he sleeps in the same tent as his straight mates,

I'd like to be on an all girls softball team and be able to shower with them.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think joining a private military company will fit OP's bill quite nicely. Since it's private, stuff is more hush hush. I just wish the military's unjust judgement against, and unenlightenment regarding occasional cannabis smokers, former or otherwise, would cease. They're turning away a lot of talent.

And they say that old people are wise. Pshaw.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rimshot

There's plenty gay men serving in Iraq, Afghanistan, risking (and losing) their lives in pursuit of their nation's objectives. My cousin's one of them, he sleeps in the same tent as his straight mates,

I understood from your OP that you wanted to be able to serve openly but I did not know you were planning on a sex change as well. Its great to see someone so open about who they are. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rimshot

Ah, yes. In the military, that's known as the "Starship Troopers" argument. If they allow gays in the military, I want to be able to shower with the women.

top topics

join