It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The car you loved as a child

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by Ghost of Chewie

Oh yes, I would know those ears anywhere

Thanks

No problem Sweetliberty. My wife used to have one when we were dating. Nice car. Comfortable ride.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

68 Ford Mustang fastback.....a pure vision of beauty and power

*drool* I love this car

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I always loved the Volkswagen Corrado VR6 in midnight blue

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
My childhood love is STILL my dream car.
It's simply the most beautiful design for a car I've ever seen...
Sure, I know that the logistics (and money) of owning one are out of my reach, but a guy can dream....

The Lamborghini Countach

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ee9939229b0.jpg[/atsimg]

My wife has a decent "guy" car though...an '89 Camaro RS, that we've put a lot of work into, and looks really nice these days.

Me though, I drive the van...how did that happen? Seriously though, I do like being able to load up nearly "anything" in the van, it's pretty handy.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

a '68 GT500 K R

I am SO not worthy!!!!!!

Pass the rag, I'm drooling too.

NICE PICK!!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

If you want a "guy" vehicle, you should check into one like mine:

[edit on 8/29/2010 by Ghost of Chewie]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Have you seen this top gear video of how to parallel park a countach, It's the only way you can see whats behind you

I remember seeing a bright red one of these in a car park when I was about 8 and thinking it must be some kind of experimental flying car or something with the huge wing on the back

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The legandary Countach! Not a bad car.

Got to drive one that belonged to a friend of the family when I was 15. It was a '85 Countach 5000QV.

Scarry FAST! Complete Bitch to steer. (armstrong Steering) NO rear VISABILITY!! And the seats were ACUTELY UNCOMFORTABLE!!

But, like I said, Not a bad car, His was black with a tan interior, and right hand drive. Lot of fun for a 15 year old to get to run on an old, abandoned airport.

Still wouldn't mind owning one, Couldn't fit into it now. (too many taters passed thru the skillet since then :shk: ) But I could teach my lil girl how to drive it when she gets older.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost of Chewie

I've been driving past something like that on my way to work the past two weeks or so and have been wondering what it used to be. It's only a bare shell of a body, nothing else from what I can see driving by, and it looks like it's been twisted a bit, but it's just sitting in a field on the side of the road. I don't think it's been there long. I've been driving the same road for almost three years now to work. I'm sure I would've noticed it before, although, I have had my eye on another car on that same stretch so maybe my mind was elsewhere and I just didn't notice.

I've saved the pic you posted. Next time I get a chance to slow down and check it out, I'll have to compare the two. If they match up, thanks for answering my question. If not, it's back to wondering what is it?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Americantrucker

If you can, Take a pic of this mystery car and post it here. I am sure that someone here can ID it even if I cant.

I love a good mystery. If it is a GT2, please let me know where it is, I am always looking for others to fix-up. (I have 2, but thats never enough, since there were not very many of the GT2s made in the first place, and most of them have been wrecked)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
My dad bought me a book about supercars, and this one was always my favorite as a kid.

This got me hooked on cars. Now Ive got my own shop restoring classic sports cars..

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

Damn a Bugatti EB 110SS!! Very Nice!

I would love to have one, to bad I probably wouldn't be able to fit in to it.

I even like the color!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The ONLY car I have ever drooled over:

63' Lincoln Continental

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

La Cosa Nostra anyone? All you need now is some Tommy guns and your straight.
Joking aside, it is a beautiful car, I think I saw one sold on the show Pawn Stars.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Americantrucker

Yes please take a picture and post it, if its anything that resembles a Countach it must be something good. Damn, so curious!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

HA!

My ignorance made me ill and angry, so I had to look up "La Cosa Nostra"

The Sicilian Mafia, how awesome! (Needless to say, I did not know that.) Anyway, rumor has it that my family runs deep in said Mafia (Past tense I suppose, though you never know...)

Have a story with Al Capone and my Great Grandfather, though it is odd (and off topic
) Could be fake too, who knows anymore.

Anyway, thanks! (I think)

You might recognize the car a little better from these pictures:

And

OR

Well I can't find any screencap's, but it is the same car (I think) that was used in the "Matrix" (The first one, though I think theirs was a 65 not a 63)

I want a 63, just so I can drive it back and to the left...back and to the left...back and to the left (Oops, left my turn signal on...)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Yeah the older Continentals were really popular with the old time gangsters. A story with your great-grandfather and Al Capone? Thats awesome! I'd really like to hear it, hopefully it doesn't take place in Alcatraz
. And if I offended you in any way...I'm moving to another country.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Heres a car that I have grown to love. I had never heard of one until about 5 years ago when I started restoring cars. Since then I have probably worked on a least 25 of them and have four in my shop right now. I am painting one exactly the same as this one right now.

Austin Healey(in my opinion the best looking car of its era.)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Now don't laugh but,
when I was a child I wanted to drive a "KITT"
a black pontiac firebird trans (from the knight rider tv show)

never got one though and never will. Me and hubby alway drove Toyota sport models. Now we drive cars from work.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I don't think there was any kid during the Knight Rider era that didn't want to drive KITT, I sure as hell did.
And one day when I was about 8 or 9, my aunt drives up our driveway with a brand new white Pontiac Firebird, I was literally standing there with my mouth gaped open, it was the coolest car in the family. The V8 just rumbled my organs, it was the coolest thing. Of course I didn't let her out of the car until she gave me ride around the block, I remember the seat in the car was real low making the hoodline so high I could barely see in front of me. It really felt like a sports car, low slung and powerful.

edit on 1-10-2010 by DrChuck because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join