It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The car you loved as a child

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Everyone has a car they dreamed about as a child. Your eyes would widen and mouth gape as it passed by, it was more exciting than seeing a celebrity on a random day. Your walls would be plastered with its images and your mind would take you to a dimension where you actually owned it. And one day you swore you would be behind its wheel carving canyon roads and making figure 8's in a parking lot.

Exactly 20 years ago my first true love was a 1990 BMW M3 (E30). I have yet to acquire one, but am hoping that it will be in my hands sometime in the near future.

So what is yours?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have my dream car. I purchased it 12 years ago, and have been fixing it up ever since. It is a 1977 Bradley GT2.

Bradley GT2

Mine is a little hotter than the company designed it. It has a 350hp Mazda rotary (13B-REW, highly mod'ed), beefed up transaxel, mod'ed suspension, and full custom interior.

I love my car.

[edit on 8/10/2010 by Ghost of Chewie]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
1979 Trans Am - Smokey and The Bandit Edition :

I didn't get one, I did come close though... sort of...

My first car when I was 17 :

1974 Firebird :

[edit on 10-8-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
That must be one little fast demon with a 13B! I've always loved rotaries, in fact the 2nd on my list is a FD3S Rx-7. But the amount of money and maintenance needed for a rotary is too prohibitive for me. Great little engine with a lot of pull though! Did you get a single turbo mod or did you stay with the twin?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrChuck
That must be one little fast demon with a 13B! I've always loved rotaries, in fact the 2nd on my list is a FD3S Rx-7. But the amount of money and maintenance needed for a rotary is too prohibitive for me. Great little engine with a lot of pull though! Did you get a single turbo mod or did you stay with the twin?

Swapped to the single, and added a custom intercooler, Cryo2 Intake-Fuel Rail cooler and intercooler spray bar, Duel circuit nitrous set-up, upgraded MSD-8 Ignition, Larger fuel injectors, Bridge Porting, Ceramic Apex Seals, and my exhaust is only 28 inches from the turbo to the tip.

She is good for about 365 HP at 12000 RPM. and will seat the 1/4 mile in 8.14 sec.

Not sure what the top end speed is on her because at 160Mph she seem to think she is an airplane, and the fromt end tries to fly, so I usually back out.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I use to have a 1978 TA, with the 455 and a 4 speed.

Hell of a car!! Scarry Powerfull. Nice pick.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Any and all Mustangs. I remember driving to my grandparents and counting all the Mustangs I saw along the way...there were always quite a few.

Now I have my Mustang and I love her.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

What year/kind of Mustang?

I had a 1971 Mustang Convertable K-code, for my first car. Nice car, wish I still had it. (little brother decided to mate it with a chevrolet pickup [wrecked it])

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
When I was a child my favorite car was the Cougar. The ones that had the backseat windows in the shape of a cougar ears. Drawn back ready to race, lol.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
When I was a child my favorite car was the Cougar. The ones that had the backseat windows in the shape of a cougar ears. Drawn back ready to race, lol.

Would that be the 6th Generation of Cougar? (1983-1988)
If so, That was a rather good looking car.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost of Chewie

Originally posted by sweetliberty

Would that be the 6th Generation of Cougar? (1983-1988)
If so, That was a rather good looking car.

Yes, I believe so

I don't know much about cars except that hide-a-keys are essential but I must say, and I have no idea why
when the early 70's Ford Torino come within smell distance, something really strange happens to me (true story
...)
I have no idea why those cars do that to me but they do!

[edit on 13-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Is this it?

P.S. Could someone U2U me and tell me how to post a pic in my replies, not just a link? Thanks.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
My favorite has always been

1966 Chevy Chevelle SS!

And, yes, in black please!

[edit on 8/13/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heck yeah, Hefficide! 2 Please!! I'll take mine black on black, with a 396 and a 4 speed! Nice pick!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost of Chewie

Oh yes, I would know those ears anywhere

Thanks

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Now thats a nice looking car, wow.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I was never huge into cars, but the guitar in your profile image gets my attention way more than any car ever would.
Looks like a Gibson B.B. King, but can't be positive from that angle. Cars are a convenience but guitars are a necessity!

To get back on topic though, I have to agree with Elevated One. The black Trans Am from Smokey and the Bandit was about the only car I ever really wanted..even though I never got it! :bnghd:

[edit on 14-8-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
70's fastback mustang. (Like the Mach 1, Boss, etc)... but not those butt ugly 70's Mustang II's.

I'd still like one, but it's hard to find one at a decent price for a restore that isn't completely gutted.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Wow good eye! The picture is of Lucille, BB Kings greatest accomplice. I do agree that guitars are a necessity. I hate to admit it, but I'm a Taylor man myself. Always loved the acoustic tone, but now am delving into the electric world. Been eyeing a Gibson Les Paul Goldtop for a loooong time now.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ecidemon

The '70 'Stang was a good car with only one drawback, made from low grade tinfoil. (rusted out faster than you could blink) Still good car. I personally only has 2 Stangs and one was a '71 convertable K-car (Red with a white top and a black interior, 429ci Super Cobra Jet w/ Ram air, Close Ratio 4-speed, 2.75:1 Locking Rear Diff, and Factory Mach 1 Interior) This car was 1 of only 7 made in this configuration by Ford (a fact that I found out AFTER I sold off the remains, when my brother wrecked it.)

The Second one was one of those "butt ugly" 1978 Mustang II's. It was a black fastback with t-tops and a red interior. It had the V-6 and a automatic. Fun little car with one major drawback. You couldn't keep a muffler on the exhaust!! No matter how I tuned that engine she would backfire when you let off after running above 2000rpm for more than 30 sec. She would burble for about 5-6 seconds then a 1 second pause then BOOM!!!!!! She would backfire and blow the stuffing out of a Thrush cherrybomb glasspack. I owned her for about 3 years till my sister locked up the engine by not checking the oil before borrowing it. :bnghd:
In that time I went through enough of those "Indestructable" mufflers (with the lifetime warrenty) that Thrush refused to honnor the warrenty after a while.

Both were fun cars and I miss them greatly.

To webpirate and DrChuck: Hail to the (B.B.) King.
Nice Guitar. I personally have an old F-hole Gretsch, that I play, and a autographed Les Paul that I don't. I have played a goldtop, sweet guitar, beautiful sound. Highly recomended.

[edit on 8/18/2010 by Ghost of Chewie]

[edit on 8/18/2010 by Ghost of Chewie]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join