It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity is on the Verge of Destruction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

I have read a lot of the survivalist forums on here and if I had the money I would be preparing for the worst and getting myself out to the country, however as Scotland has a large proportion of Britain`s nuclear weapons stored close by I think if WW3 happens the country would not be safe for long, as I dont I have been getting healthy and fit, have a store of vitamins, food in the house etc as I believe there are very dark days ahead. All of this going on and Russia going up in flames, is a very #ty world we live in at the moment.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I've been hearing about WW3 for over 30 years. Unfortunately, chances are it will happen some day since humans seem to really love war. I certainly don't know when it will happen and any time there's tension in multiple places the speculation comes around again. Trying to coincide it with 2012 is fruitless in my mind and you're only trying to prove 2 speculations instead of one. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I have posted alot about war against the middle east and radical Islam. I am a American and I want my country to win. Although If there was some magic pill we could take and peace be braught upon the earth than that would be great.

Although the only way I can see peace comming upon the earth is if the world would decide to unite under one banner. One creed, and one faith. I think we all no that wont happen and if it did it would probably be the Anti Christ that would be pushing the Global order of things.

I watched a sad and eye opening movie today called "The Road" It will be a sad day when we destroy ourselves. I just dont know if we can stop it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by starseed33

The acceleration of calamities closely follows the Biblical prophecies of the end times. Jesus described these as "birth pangs". When a woman gives birth to a child she has periodic burst of pain, whose frequency increases until the birth event. The pain also increases in magnitude as that hour approaches.

From Matthew 24

6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.

It is exactly as prophesied. It's just too bad that the brainwashing against the Bible begins as soon as you turn your child over to government controlled eduction camps.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Hey so, the naval exercises the US was doing "off the atlantic in the west coast"

where were they? the atlantic? or the west coast?

sorry that was just really bugging me lol

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
OP, there hasn't been an increase in military conflicts.

There's been an increase in the number of incidents being reported.

In this age of 24 hour news coverage, the news networks are all thirsty for news, and little Johnny's cat stuck up a tree makes national news now. A military attack ANYWHERE in the world gets a big mention on the news, so anyone who is a news junkie will see more coverage of military attacks, and naturally assume that attacks are more frequent.

It used to be that we got our news in one, maybe two, half hour segments in one day. With such limited time to report the news, the news stories had to be something of major significance in order to make the news broadcast. Little Johnny just simply didn't make it onto the news, even locally in most cases.

Now, with the constant news cycle, everything gets reported. I was watching a national news broadcast this morning and they had a story on about some school sign somewhere where they had spelt the word "school" incorrectly.

Military attacks have been frequent throughout history. If you look at ANY given day and research areas throughout the world, you'll find at least half a dozen major conflicts going on at pretty much any time in history. They just weren't reported on before, or if they were, it was well after the fact.

Quad Erat Demonstrandum. If you don't know what QED means, you can look it up INSTANTLY, just like your news.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
reply to post by True-seer

I have read a lot of the survivalist forums on here and if I had the money I would be preparing for the worst and getting myself out to the country, however as Scotland has a large proportion of Britain`s nuclear weapons stored close by I think if WW3 happens the country would not be safe for long, as I dont I have been getting healthy and fit, have a store of vitamins, food in the house etc as I believe there are very dark days ahead. All of this going on and Russia going up in flames, is a very #ty world we live in at the moment.

If there is a large scale nuclear war, no country in the Northern hemisphere will be safe and most countries in the Southern hemisphere will also suffer major damage. Maybe some remote island in the South Pacific will be okay, if you can find one far enough away from a US military base.

Flames in Russia have absolutely no bearing on the possibility of World War III, they are naturally caused.

By count and area on fire, I believe we have more hectares on fire in British Columbia right now than they do in Russia.

You live in Scotland? No wonder your predictions are so gloomy! (just kidding!).

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm going to ask a question, because I am quite new here maybe I have missed out on lots of things but,

In 1918 an estimated 50-100 million people (i.e. 3% of the total population of the world) died of the Spanish flu

between 1348 and 1350 an estimated 30% - 60% of the population of europe died due to the plague

between 1337 and 1453 there was a war that lasted over 100 years

So what makes the particular time period we are living in so special that humanity is on the verge of destruction?

This is a genuine question, not just trying to prove a point, but it seems to me that compared to the rest of history we actually live in quite a peaceful and death free time.

What am I missing here?

[edit on 9-8-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
We the people have the choice whether we want ww3 or not. Dont give your power away. if we decide not to fight one another and choose peace, it is done.

Do not be commanded and lead to attack, simple. Put down weapons and realise that we do have a choice.

As humanity, we decide our own fate. Just decide what aspect of duality you wish to exist in.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thats easy, During the 100 year war we used spears/swords etc.

We did not use weapons that could wipe out entire countries in seconds.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

We the people have the choice whether we want ww3 or not. Dont give your power away. if we decide not to fight one another and choose peace, it is done.
reply to post by misuneko

I can back you up on that with a quote by Firdnand the Great.

" If soldiers ever learn to think for themselves, there will be none left in the ranks".

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I agree with your points however war today is usually on a whole bigger scale with more advanced weaponry and nukes... the 100 year war (forgive me if im wrong) was fought with muskeets, gun powder and old weapons which yes could kill many but look at the danger of nukes in the hands of a mad man!

but your right with all the bad diseases back then!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer

Thats easy, During the 100 year war we used spears/swords etc.

We did not use weapons that could wipe out entire countries in seconds.

Your right of course but I'm trying to understand what could be described as the "destruction of humanity" like I said the plague killed 100 million people in Europe only 600 years ago (a very short while ago in the context of the history of humanity) and now it is just another footnote in the history of the world, it certainly didn't "end humanity" in fact it barely made a dent.

So just how many people do you think would need to die in order to actually end humanity, baring in mind that there are round about 7000000000 alive at the moment? and how many nukes would it need to achieve that?
The numbers of people needed to be a viable species is pretty small I think, for example there are only 3500 tigers in the entire world and they don't even make the "critically endangered" list.

I'm not trying to say that a nuclear war is nothing to worry about, but more that humans as a species are pretty versatile and resilient

[edit on 9-8-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
That is quite obvious that humanity is on a self-destructive path. But it kind reminds me of star trek. The Vulcans knew that humanity would of went into a self destructive path. They were observing us for awhile. Then we created warp drive and then the rest was history. I believe the star trek universe can happen,but as right now we have no chance in hell.

I believe also in the movie first contact they stated that the humans nearly destroyed themselves in a world war as well. Right now things are boiling up for another world war.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join