It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO video (not impressive) Aug 8, 2010 - Santa Clara, CA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I see apparent UFOs quite frequently in the San Francisco Bay Area. I deem them "UFO" if they have these qualities:
* controlled movement such as stopping, changing direction, not controlled by wind
* AND, no obvious aircraft lights
* AND, not a bird, helicopter, etc.

Here's a short video of a metallic sphere I watched for a few minutes. It cruised one way, then would stop, then cruise another way, stop, etc.

My video camera (A Sony Handycam DCR-SX44) does NOT cut it for long distance things like this but it came into focus a few times. Don't get too excited - the video stinks so I grabbed a screen shot. Don't waste your time if you're just here to "debunk"...
Skip to 1:38 for a glimpse and from 2:40 to 2:50.

I really don't know what these are but I see them at least every month or two and my wife and daughter have seen them too. They just seem to be metallic, conrolled-movement spheres... UFO? At a few thousand feet it's just hard to tell.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

UFO video (not impressive) Aug 8, 2010 - Santa Clara, CA

star & flag.

i think many ATSers are getting a little tired of these titles for threads that are sensationalist attention grabbers.

it is refreshing to see a title where the member actually chooses a title that is reflective of the thread content.

i consider this to be a compliment to ATSers intelligence, instead of telling them what they should believe.

kudos for not calling it what it isn't.

i'm not sure what it is or could be, but i thank you for sharing it with us.

thanks,
et

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I second everything Esoteric Teacher has to say.
I actually checked it out because of the honest title. I don't have anything useful to add as there isn't much to be seen unfortunately. Good luck in getting better footage in the future.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

star and flag for your honesty, but unfortunately there's not really anything in the video to make comment on or analyse.

thanks

rich

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Your honesty is greatly respected. And I too came to check it out
based on your title. Hard to say at all what it is, but you should keep
your eyes to the sky my friend, perhaps you may see it again.
Thanks for sharing and not exaggerating.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I can't confirm from the video if it was actually moving or not. I know The OP said it was moving slowly at times and was standing still at times, but sometimes while staring at a point of light in the sky, it appears to be moving when it is not (it happens to me with stars when I'm looking up for long periods of time). Like I said, there is no way to confirm that it was moving from this video.

If it was NOT moving fast enough to notice, I would say it could be Venus, which has been in the daytime sky as of late, and can be seen on occasion in daylight when conditions are favorable.

Interesting, nevertheless.

[edit on 8/8/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I agree.

You could come here and post an out of focus video of a flying squirrel, call it a UFO, and with a proper title I wouldn't care in the slightest.

But while the video is definitely unremarkable, as you mention there are definite moments where you can spot the object you speak of. While I can't really make out the movements from the video, it does appear to be exceptionally small, unless it is very far away in the atmosphere.

Just for clarifications sake, is this the same UFO you reference that you and your wife tend to spot over and over again, or simply that you guys often see UFOs?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

I've seen this similar looking craft quite a few times. My wife has seen it once and my daughter has been with me but she's two... not the best witness

I've also seen an orange sphere that emitted balls of light, back in December - reported that one to 9-1-1 and MUFON. I wrote a thread on it some time back but can't seem to find it at the moment.

I take this pretty casually for a few reasons. I'm an abductee, at least twice (age 10 and 27), and also I run groups on paranormal, abduction, dream experiences, etc for people to share their stories. UFO contact and research is part of my life and always has been.

Since this sighting was cool for me, but I can't really provide any proof it's sort of a moot point to make a big deal. Hence, the laid back title.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Well I definitely respect the attempt at not sensationalizing the title. It makes your thread much more approachable.

If I were you, I'd definitely try to keep my camera as ready as possible, the one that "emitted spheres of light" sounds very interesting.

Also, you say you were an abductee at two seperate times, would you mind elaborating a bit on that?

I'm usually very skeptical of abductee accounts, but you already come off way more credible than most posters, so if you don't mind sharing, I'd love to hear about your experiences.

And again, while the original video and picture aren't spectacular, the object is indeed there, and if it was moving as indicated, it's definitely interesting.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Good points to consider. For clarification I know about the ecliptic and planet positions and this was difinitely not Venus. I also stood near a tree for comparison of movement and the object was moving a few degrees arc then stopping, it changing trajectory a few times, and stopped often.

I live a few miles from an amusement park and have seen plenty of mylar balloons float by - it was not one of those either.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

I've posted this a couple other places on ATS but here it is, copied from my files.

This is a simple, down-to-earth (pun intended), description of what happened to me one night in Arizona. I have shared this in the past, not on this site, and want to express a little of what I hope to see from you all.

I am writing this for one reason, because certain people will find the information interesting and valuable. I am not looking for sympathy (it wasn't traumatic at all). If someone wishes to "debunk" this do so for your own need to not believe - I was there, I lived it, and I don't really care what non-believers have to say to me.

I was woken up from my sleep by a feeling that something was in my room; I was right. It was just an orb of light, amber at first. I was curious and didn't make any snap decisions on what it was or whether to be scared. The orb travelled toward me and I was comfortable doing what I felt led to do, sort of as if a doctor was telling me to 'hold my arm out.'

I sat up in bed and held my left arm up and the orb of light went into my arm about 1/3rd of the way and then the visible portion of the orb turned green. Pretty, comforting, healing green is what I remember feeling.

The orb episode was over and I remember either losing consciousness or falling into a very deep unaware sleep.

The next thing I remember was quite a bit more extreme, although I remained unscared. I was laying on my back on an 'operating table' and there were 5 beings standing around me. Clockwise from feet to right side, were a tall pinkish being at my feet, a short grey near my right calf, then another pink being at my head who seemed to be controlling my demeanor like an anesthaesiologist would. On my left were a grey, near my left arm and another pink being.

It was very obvious that the pink being (on my left) was instructing the grey who was by my left arm. I was very interested and raised my head. At this point the group was somewhat startled and I recall the pink instructor having some sort of energy action, don't recall if it was mental or physical but the being at my head took action. I was out again.

Later I awoke in the same room, alone. I could see tools on a metal stand to the right side near the corner. Tools different than anything I'd seen, although most seemed to be made of metal. One had square knotches on a crescent shape. Another had a glasslike tube filled with green glowing liquid. I can't recall all of them.

When I looked "out" from where I was the wall literally seemed to dissolve! I was totally amazed to see the beauty of space without any atmosophere! I could see the color of the stars much more than from earth and I started to wonder where I was, exactly, and how far aware from earth I was. At this point something came in and I remember falling to the ground, although I may have been caught before I hit. Not sure.

Next thing I was floating near my bed, off to the side, alone but with a feeling that beings, from somewhere, were helping me to be supported in the air.

I woke up later, at about 4:30 am with a bit of a headache. I didn't feel as if anything bad had happened to me, although I was slightly worried and wondering who in the world I could talk to about this! I ended up speaking with a Tibetan Buddhist Lama who had plenty of experience with abductions; he really put my mind at ease.

I'm happy to answer questions about anything concerning this.

I have my Master's degree in Transpersonal Psychology and run talk groups in areas such as this. I truly wish to share and talk based on helpfulness for others. I had a positive experience but I know many out there haven't.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Couple of questions

What was its' movement like ?

Do you live close to any flight paths ?

How long do the sightings usually last ?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
What was its' movement like ?

It was slow-moving in a straight line, then a stop, then might move in a different direction then stop, moved about 10 arc-degrees across the sky in a general NW to SE trajectory, close to directly overhead.

Do you live close to any flight paths ?

Yup. Close to San Jose Int'l and also see planes from SFO and occasionally Oakland. I've lived here much of my life as well as worked at SFO for several years - I know the flight paths well.

How long do the sightings usually last ?

Nearly always 3-4 minutes minimum with some lasting for hours.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
It was slow-moving in a straight line, then a stop, then might move in a different direction then stop, moved about 10 arc-degrees across the sky in a general NW to SE trajectory, close to directly overhead.

Would you say that it's movements resemble anything conventional aircraft can do (be it helicopter or plane) or would you say the movements were "out of this world" ?

Nearly always 3-4 minutes minimum with some lasting for hours.

How frequently do these sightings occur and at what point did you first start noticing them? Was it prior or after your abduction ? And apart from your immediate family are there any other folk in your area reporting these sightings ?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

It didn't seem like a helicopter because the movement would be from stop to a continual speed without any visible acceleration time - so it did seem out of the ordinary for anything I know of in our current known technology.

There are hundreds of MUFON sightings like this. Also the orange sphere I spoke about above has been video'd all over the world and reported to MUFON dozens and dozens of times. I generally don't share much UFO stuff with my neighbors more than a standard comment that I work in the field somewhat. Too easy for everyone to think you're crazy or a danger somehow if you veer too far from the accepted norm... sadly.

I took some pictures of the object before. This was my first video of it - next time I'll run to some neighbors maybe, who knows.

I am early 40s now and my last (for sure known) abduction was when I was 27 but I've had PLENTY of dreams and odd memories in the morning to indicate there have been many other times. I've had a knack for seeing UFOs my whole life, not sure why. I've seen probably 15 different UFO events, 5-6 as the OP event, a few in Arizona... hmm, and none when I lived in Maryland for 5 years (just recognized this). Other than the inside the ship abductions I haven't seen anything right close up.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
cool, thanks for sharing man.
yeah, poor vid, but still obviously something different.
i left the comment about binocs. or a telescope.
if you cpould get yer hands on some good binoculars, or a small refracting scope,
you could most likely see exactly what it is.

good catch.
whatever it be.

niice you get to see things in the sky often,
not much of that here really,
specially not in the daytime.
nights some interesting things though. lol

top topics

join