It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello. I like my Mac, and am not thrilled with my PC.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Macs are overpriced garbage, it's as simple as that.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
firstly, thank goodness you love your apple mac, thats really great i also love apple macs that have server hardware built around every compound, the only problem i have with a mac is how much it costs compared to PC based desktops laptops. people like PC systems because it has large software market and many open sources projects are built on a windows machine.

as for me, i have windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04 running at the same time ! because i'm just so freaking cool

[edit on 8-8-2010 by aspx]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Welcome. Just to say, your mac is a PC (under specified for the money, but a PC).

I think you mean your OS is what you like ?

For myself I use a "hackintosh" as well as my regular Windows and Linux machines.
Can't give you a brand, although I use Toshiba for work laptop, because I build my own machines.
Have to admit I'm not a fan of OSX and Apple in general simply because geeks don't like being told what we can and can't use. Glad your happy though.

Oh and Drock905...I have a Windows XP machine that has been running since 2001 never turned off yet...my wife still uses (is using it right now in fact).

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
reply to post by Macuser

Uninstall all of your virus software, and then install the newest version of Norton and you should have no troubles with your PC.

That is the worst advice I have ever heard. When you install Norton, you are installing a time release virus, and unless you are prepared to spend out money for an "upgrade," you are stuck with a non responsive computer. I know this, I have a friend who was an IT tech for Norton. Here is the best free, non intrusive virus protection on the market. AVG and Symantec are no better than Norton.

Avira Virus Protection
It will ask once if you wish to buy a corporate license, it is free for home use. Acts as a active firewall too.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

i would also note bit defender 2009 free edition is really good i been using it on 3 computers and its already been 6 months without issues

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

No need, just pick up a thumb drive (about 2 gb for knoppix) and install Linux on it.

Ubuntu 10.04 is very good, and Linux mint is a very nice variant of ubuntu.

Go to distrowatch to see some of the choices to freedome and speed.

Hey macuser, we could race doing some rendering!
Just kidding. Since you don't want to compete, I will be a little more open about the non mac pc.

I make a little side money removing viruses/spyware on windows machines, and I can only thank Microsux for such an insecure POS OS.

Bill Gates is still trying to be a mac, just look at that POS windows 7.
IMHO microsoft's best products are windows 2000/xp and the office suite.

I have done a lot of CAD/graphics/desktop publishing on the pc, and seem to get the same results. As far as ease of use, I thaink that has to do with what you are used to. However give me two little old amish lady's that never saw a computer, and the mac would be their choice, if they would partake in the experience. That said it (mac) was a little more beginner friendly.

Anywho...open source FTMFW. Open office should be the defacto standard as of now, but it's not.

We don't have to take it, with mac's high price they are high if they think I'm going to buy.
And Microsux open hole of an operating system seems to have been writen by the gubment so they can spy on your every move (

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

I too am a Linux user, Fedora 13 Gnome now, but I have ran PC Linux for a long time. I love the Drake configuration, wish Fedora had that. PCL always has a problem with my hardware, which is a hybrid of sorts, all home built. Fedora runs more stable on it is what I am saying.

I always look at the MACs in the store, they are pretty, much like a Lincoln or Cadillac to a car guy. Too expensive and parts are expensive too. I only have about $400 in my machine, and I wouldn't trade it for 3 MACs.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench AVG and Symantec are no better than Norton.

Symantec and Norton are the same dog!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
How many people are going to say PC in place of Windows? PC is both Mac and Windows, and Linux. It means personal computer.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by aspx

Try the Faenza icon set and the Elementary GTK theme.

Example pic with Elementary (not using Faenza however): Linkage

Looks much better.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I adopted PCLinuxOS 2007 upgraded to 2009 and now 2010 with KDE4. The damn thing keeps on working with zero cost and a wealth of software. I hate windows based PC's however I still have an XP virtual machine in case I come across Windows only stuff. The only thing I use my virtual XP for these days is to evaluate windows based software. I have never used it due to anything "lacking" under Linux.

I quite liked the scrolling Mac app bar at the bottom of the screen so I configured a dock to do the same.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
the person who told you to instal norton........wow really? really?

dude never install norton,dont listen that the "newest version is nice" they are the one who tryed to spy on us with some update,and closed the forum threads when people found out and started complayning

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
pifts.exe

Now there is a one liner worth having!

-m0r

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
PCS are the way to go. I understand your reasoning. I too have not have any experience with the paranormal or UFO sightings but it is interesting to get other people's views and ideas on the occurrences.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join