It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Across Texas, 60,000 babies of noncitizens get U.S. birthright

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Annually!
I thought it meant today.
This is hogwash; the 14th ammendment was never meant to be so abused; it's time for a 'change' and I don't mean diapers .

[edit on 8-8-2010 by AmericanDaughter]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

isnt that how todays americans colonized America when the natives still out numberd them

the cycle continues, your all bloody immagrants or decendents of immagrants,
what percentage of americans can say they have anything native in them.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

That's how the mixed economic system works. You'll be surprised have many people are on welfare and now are working under the table. Legal or not. California blue collar system has turned on it's head. With jobs moving over seas, machines also being used and being a limited supply of workers for a new job. It's difficult for one person to find happiness in the world.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunIsSon
reply to post by jam321

Their parents were NOT legal Americans, so therefore neither are their children. Those children were just born here, they are not Americans. Being American STANDS for something. A lot more than just being born on the territory by a criminal parent.

I think you have a mis understanding of one of the things America used to represent and current constitution.

I think you need to get past your prejudice and realize that children born here are no less citizens than you.

Their parents may be criminals, but their children are one of us. Deal with it.

You disgrace what "Being American" stands for.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

isnt that how todays americans colonized America when the natives still out numberd them

the cycle continues, your all bloody immagrants or decendents of immagrants,
what percentage of americans can say they have anything native in them.

Well, if you want to get technical with it... The Natives welcomed us here, and never had any such laws with immigration.. Now, we have laws... So, they should be enforced, and obeyed.

Plus, we 'immigrants' pay taxes, and still get shafted with assistance compared to the ILLEGAL immigrants who pay nothing.

link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

The 14th Amendment never included an intent. If there were such an intent, would it not be written into the amendment?

Get over it. The constitution is not a menu. You don't get to pick what you do and do not like.

You take it as a whole, try to amend it, or you leave.

Three options.

link   

Actually, it has been an issue in TX for awhile now, along with said children attending school, illegals in school.

Not mention the strain on social services

The kids we are talking about are Americans and entitled to what other Americans get.

You assume it is a strain. You leave out waste and mismanagement as possible causes.

Schools don't ask who is illegal.

As for social services, if illegals qualify it is because the elected officials have authorized it.

link   
I don't necessarily have a problem with people coming into US, whether legally or illegally, much less having children on purpose on American-soil so they get to be American citizens. A lot of these people are just looking for work and a better life compared to the life they had in whatever country they're coming from.

What's really bad is that authorities are now beginning to keep the children here on US-soil and deporting the parents back to Mexico or wherever they're from. Thus leaving the children as orphans. And THAT's sad.

What I do have a problem with more than anything else is the fact that we need better security protocols at our borders which would effectively render the efforts of individuals immigrating to the US through appropriate legal channels less difficult. And thus be a lot more efficient at filtering out all the individuals who intend on being a burden to the system.

But most importantly; individuals who are from nations that are havens for terrorism who show up at the Mexican/American border, disguised as Latin-Americans when they're actually of middle-eastern origin. This is a very real and deadly-serious issue. Bar-none. THIS is where we NEED to focus 80% of the authorities' attention on.

link   
Reply to post by illusive man

America expanded through wars and buying land from other countries that expanded through war.

Immigrants did it the legal way.

Apples and oranges.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

If they join for the right reasons ,and especially in an MOS where they put their life on the line ,then of course I am ok with that ....
Its not exactly the same as coming here ,and living off the gov. without working ...It working for this country /Gov ,and sacrificing ,and putting your life on the line which in my world is the honorable thing to do .
It sure as hell not a free ride at others expense .They are pretty much paying their own pay check ,and health care with the taxes they pay in ,just like everyone else serving ....

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Will throw this in since it will be mentioned any way.

Let's assume 2 illegal immigrant parents have a baby in the US. So the baby is automatically recognized as an American.

Many believe it is an easy pathway to a green card for the illegal parents.

But wait,

First the illegal immigrant parents will have to wait till the child is 21 years old in order for the child to submit the necessary paperwork.

U.S. citizens must be age 21 or older to file petitions for siblings or parents. There is no minimum age for a sponsor to file petitions for all other categories of family based immigrant visas. However, you must be 18 years of age and have a residence (domicile) in the U.S. before you can sign the Affidavit of Support, Form I-864 or I-864-EZ. This form is required for an immigrant visa for spouses and other relatives of U.S. sponsors.

So far, the illegal immigrant parents have to wait 21 years just for the process to begin.

Then immigration fees have to paid, need a medical examination and updated on vaccinations, have to go before an interview.

Of course, all of this takes more time to go through the process of getting a green card.

Many approved immigrant petitions take additional time because they are in numerically limited categories. The length of time varies from case to case according to its circumstances, and cannot be predicted for individual cases with any accuracy. Some cases are delayed because the applicants do not follow instructions carefully. Sometimes the petitioner cannot meet Affidavit of Support requirements. Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer.

And of course, none of this is a guarantee.

Certain conditions and activities may make you, the applicant, ineligible for a visa.

Furthermore, after a wait of about 25 years or more the illegal immigrant parents may have died, changed their mind about coming to the US, or just get frustrated with the system among other possible reasons.

Here is the source for the quotes above with all the requirements for bringing relatives to the US.

travel.state.gov...

[edit on 8-8-2010 by jam321]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
How do you get so screwed up with immigration that you can have two illegal aliens with a citizen child?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

how the LEGAL citizens are forking up hard-earned money to support illegals.

Legal citizens are supporting CHINA( guess they can be considered illegals)

13 Trillion dollars debt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by jam321

I work for a school and live in deep south Texas.

I know first hand.

You know nothing.

End of discussion.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
60,000 babies per year @ the cost of having a bay these days

im not exactly sure of the cost of having a baby these days but if its cost 150k to have one.

You the taxpayer are footing the bill for an estimated 9 billion a year

that doesnt raise any concerns for you???????

yeah i look at the $$

most people look at the humanity of it all

i ask you wheres the humanity when your inactions screw legal residents who have lived here all their lives and have followed the letter of the law.....

[edit on 8-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I work for a school and live in deep south Texas.

I know first hand.

You know nothing.

:@

Lame argument.

Try again.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Reply to post by jam321

www.chinatownconnection.com...

And that's the facts, Jack.

Prove me wrong. Put up or shut up.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
In the State of NC it cost each tax payer over 50,000 for every illegal birth in the local hospitals .

That kind of stuff adds up

One thing some don't understand ,is that most ppl don't care about ppl coming here legally .There needs to be more security on the border b/c of the terrorist threat .
The National Guard sure isn't up to the job ...they aren't train for it ....period .

[edit on 8-8-2010 by SFwife]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by jam321

About as lame as your mismanagement and waste theory.

But whatever. You can't refute what I know and see first hand, so no big deal.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFwife
In the State of NC it cost each tax payer over 50,000 for every illegal birth in the local hospitals .

That kind of stuff adds up

One thing some don't understand ,is that most ppl don't care about ppl coming here legally .There needs to be more security on the border b/c of the terrorist threat .
The National Guard sure isn't up to the job ...they aren't train for it ....period .

[edit on 8-8-2010 by SFwife]

and THATS just with giving birth!! Just imagine what the numbers are for normal hospital visits!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join