It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIM To Let Saudis Monitor BlackBerry Data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

RIM To Let Saudis Monitor BlackBerry Data

news.cnet.com

In a preliminary agreement, BlackBerry maker Research In Motion has decided to allow the government of Saudi Arabia access to BlackBerry users' messages, in order to avoid a ban on the device in the country, the Associated Press reported Saturday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is just disgusting! Research In Motion is going ahead with the betrayal of trust and the privacy of their clients for the profit of the Saudi Arabia smartphone market. I hope every Blackberry user worldwide reads this, and sees the possibilities of this decision on their own privacy.

The AP quoted an official at the Saudi Communications and Information Technology Commission as saying that the deal between RIM and the government would likely involve placing a BlackBerry server inside the country to enable the Saudis to monitor data.

RIM did not respond to a call from CNET for comment by publication time.

news.cnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Wait, wait, wait...

Doesn't Obama have a Blackberry?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Eyes Stitched Closed

Yep,I remember this being an issue shortly after he took office.

President-elect Barack Obama has repeatedly said how much his BlackBerry means to him and how he is dreading the prospect of being forced to give it up, because of legal and security concerns, once he takes office.

“I’m still clinging to my BlackBerry,” Mr. Obama said Wednesday in an interview with CNBC and The New York Times. “They’re going to pry it out of my hands.”

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
well its time to change my service. Bye black berry curve. Oh ya your gps service sucks ass. This is the last bb ill ever own.

top topics

join