It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran offers Lebanon 'full support'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Iran offers Lebanon 'full support'

www.jpost.com

Iran will offer full support to Lebanon and Syria in the event of an Israeli attack, Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said on Sunday after meeting with his Lebanese counterpart Ali al-Shami in Teheran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well, I think what they are saying is, if Israel attacks either Syria or Lebanon, then Iran will step in and join the fight. Correct me if I'm wrong. Personally I think this sends a message to Syria and Lebanon that they can do as they please, cause I think Iran wants a war with Israel and will try to get it through either country. I see this action as a green light to deliver more missiles and heavy weapons to each in preperation.
What do you think?

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
Edit: for grammar

[edit on 8-8-2010 by aboxoftrix]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by aboxoftrix

What do i think,

This is just yet more tough talk from Iran in ATS recently for some reason we have started to believe everything Iran says and nothing our MSN, Politian’s and common sense tells us. Iran is a strong ally of both Syria and Lebanon, they also have control over a number of terrorist groups in those rejoins. If Israel did attack Lebanon then Iran might start directing and supporting these groups to attack Israeli targets. Iran never really done much after Israel attacked Syria in 2007 and hasn’t really done anything significant with regards to the violence in the Palestinian territories this year.

We on ATS really have to stop taking everything said about Iran so seriously, its just tough talk, it keeps everybody happy. The majority of the Public in Iran hate Israel and America anytime the leaders of Iran start shouting about what they are going to do to the grate and little satin it increases their domestic popularity. Therefore this effectively means nothing.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

So basically, I'm presuming, you think we should overlook these kind of things, put it out of our minds and not report it here on ATS?
If that's the case then why bother posting on this thread?
This information is for people who want it, not for people who don't.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Not quite, I think we are doing the job of the neoconservatives by having thread after thread about how war is imminent when it’s clearly not, I am talking about a war between the west and Iran.

One of the key things about ATS is the reporting of news, i would not want to stop that, however it is important to question the article and discuss it, first of all its form the Jerusalem post so some bias towards Israel is expected, and the only thing it does is tell us what was said with very little analysis. This lack of analysis i think is what has lead to jump to the conclusion that this means Iran is going to attack Israel if Israel attack any of Iran’s allies. This is not going to be the case, I have tried to explain the reasons for that in my first post, that’s why i posted.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I disagree, although it's true Iran is really chomping at the bit to have a go at Israel, it's hardly a warmongering statement on their part. Israel has become quite bold in recent years, and they have little respect for the sovereign borders of these countries. What it should do, is send a message to Israel that they should think twice before they bully these countries around for real.

Fact of the matter is that Iran is becoming quite self-sufficient and is probably one of the few (only?) Muslim countries that could rise to challenge Israel if they are allowed to continue their development. If you back a dog into a corner and get up in it's face it will bite your nose off.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

can anyone tell me the diffrence between the US
fledging their undying love and support to israel if it were to be attacked by anyone to Iran saying it will stand by Syria and Lebanon?

its all rainbows and kisses when one sends their support then again
the support the US gives israel is more to do with the strangle hold israel has over america

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Iran has said in the past that Hamas and Hezbollah have had their "full support" and then after Israal fought them and Iran did nothing they back tracked and said they "supported them via non-military means".

Whatever-more bluffing from Iran.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

where did Hezbullah get that rocket they used to hit that Israeli navel vessel?

correct me if i am wrong,
wansnt it Iranian?

like the US supported The mujahadeen/taliban covertly or through other means
is shocking that Iran doesnt use the same means to support their groups and so forth?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Guess we saw this coming. The Arab nations are really beginning to be more tolerant of Iran, the enemy of their enemy, and giving Iran more implied authority in the region.

I'm sure Lebanon (as well as Syria) welcomes the support. They're clearly not getting it from anywhere else, and I'm sure they don't want to be bombed into near oblivion again by Israel like they were in 2006.

[edit on 8/8/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
We all knew this but for them to publicly say that is like U.S saying to Israel "kill as you please, you have our full support...."

Oh wait.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Its no secret where the arms of coming from...never has been.

Originally posted by illusive man
reply to post by princeofpeace

where did Hezbullah get that rocket they used to hit that Israeli navel vessel?

correct me if i am wrong,
wansnt it Iranian?

like the US supported The mujahadeen/taliban covertly or through other means
is shocking that Iran doesnt use the same means to support their groups and so forth?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I don't know how you managed to twist this and claim Iran giving green light to Lebanon and Syria, anywho, good job

Iran will offer full support to Lebanon and Syria in the event of an Israeli attack

It is pretty clear Iran is saying, against Israeli attack.

It isn't something rare for Israel to destroy and murder thousands of people.

I am happy that Iran is finally balancing the situation in the Middle East.

The US should F off now with their BS mediation crap/

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Iran has said in the past that Hamas and Hezbollah have had their "full support" and then after Israal fought them and Iran did nothing they back tracked and said they "supported them via non-military means".

Whatever-more bluffing from Iran.

Sources would be appreciated

top topics

join