It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US WARS: Get your facts straight

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by muzzleflash
You are totally wrong about the reasoning for war.

Reasons for War : Money and Power

In order to keep the $$$ flowing and the power growing, the wars must go on.

When it ends in those nations, the war will move to other nations.

How come you haven't figured this out yet?

The wars will not end until mankind can overcome it's lust for power and money.

'Nuff said.

You said it. America's biggest export is military technology and know how. Remember how Obama said last year that he wanted to halve the deficit and increase American production? What is the only industry currently exporting in large enough quantities to do this? US Firepower.

Love your point(s). One of our countries largest businesses (since we outsourced manufacturing, etc.) is military. And what politician would have the will to downsize the little bit left of our economy. I think our country will run itself into a painted corner on this one. We might end up invading our biggest customers.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by thepixelpusher]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I just realized something: most of the ppl on ATS are English and/or British citizens? Excuse me, but didn't England attempt and successfully take over most of the world??? I love how you tell us what America should or shouldn't do- yet, you did it yourselves!! WOW, what hypocrisy.

At least we don't cry when and if we lose a war

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I could not agree more. For me, and my opinion that I formed, find flimsy evidence for both a Declaration of War or use of broad Presidential War Powers.

Limited powers I could see an argument, such as I stated above; Attack and destroy every known camp that is held by Al-Qaeda would in my mind have been an appropriate use of the war powers vested into the president.

Invasion, liberation and occupation - You choose your poison, were based upon outdated intelligence that was used to conduct and sway the public and Congress.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join