It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US WARS: Get your facts straight

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
If any of my fellow United States citizens are agreeing with this crap, you have a very cynical perspective of your country. You should acknowledge our country's failures, pick your selves off the floor, and learn from the hell we went through. You should also stick up for your fellow citizens, and stop moping around because things went wrong.

Majority of these ATS foreigners who are bashing your country are hypocrites. None of them have the guts to pick up a weapon and fight for what they believe to be just. Instead of allowing our fellow US citizens to learn from such mistakes, ATS foreigners are bashing our country's government into the next millennium. Sure, we have issues to deal with, but what gives these hypocrites the right to kick you while we are down.

Stand up for yourselves for god sakes. Be proud of your country.

God bless the United States.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Section31]

Whatever helps you sleep at night you sheep.

Come up with any half assed excuse you can to get yourself to fall asleep as if the world revolves around you.

You people are fast to blame other countries and their people for the actions of their goverments, or even radical groups. But when the same is done to you, you blame it on whatever excuse you can type.

Up yours!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
Majority of these ATS foreigners who are bashing your country are hypocrites. None of them have the guts to pick up a weapon and fight for what they believe to be just.

Fuke Yeah! lets grab a gun and kill kill kill # yeah! lets grab a bomb and blow everything up # yeah! lets murder innocent civillians in the name of peace # yeah! lets pillage the countries we invade and set up an illegal drug trade # yeah! lets stand up for what we believe in

In regards to your comment about 'if our government ordered us to pick up a gun and shoot' - I can honestly whole heartedly say, # right off! perhaps if more and more of the sheeple decided to actually care about other people we may just be able to turn this world around.

I class you sir as being part of the problem and not the solution.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hard to argue with the facts presented by the author of this thread. Cold Hard facts which do not need to be accompanied by emotion or conjecture. Those who still support these never-ending wars should read over the OP a few times and think long and hard about what their heads tell them.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
I know this has all been said before and I am sorry for dragging you all through it again but something is not sticking in the minds of some people. I am all for having your own opinions but they should at least have a basis of fact. I have nothing against American people and love you all like brothers and sisters but I direct this squarly at the American public in general because you are the one's that can make a difference, you are the one's not taking action and you are the one's that don't know the facts - so I am going to put 3 key areas of fact below that you need to get through your head before you continue to embarrass yourself and frustrate the rest of the world (it's like talking to people from the movie idiocracy)
To those American's that do know the fact's I am sure you are as frustrated by this as I am and I appologise for the blanket comments.

FACT:
The Afghanistan war:
Initial reason for invasion: Response to the September 11, 2001 attacks on the US.
Aim: was to find Osama bin Laden and put him on trial along with other Al-Qaeda members. Another aim was to end Al-Qaeda as an entity and remove the Taliban regime in Afghanistan which harboured the terrorist organisation and supported them.
Result: After 10 years Osama has not been found and the number of "terrorists" groups have increased since occupation. The war continues.

- Your COUNTRY attacked another COUNTRY because a group of PEOPLE in that country were the ones your government claimed attacked you. How will you know when you have won the war? How many lives are you willing to take to stop this group of people?

The Iraq war:
Initial reason for invasion: The United States and the United Kingdom claimed that Iraq's alleged possession of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) posed a threat to their security and that of their coalition/regional allies. After investigation following the invasion, the U.S.-led Iraq Survey Group concluded that Iraq had ended its nuclear, chemical, and biological programs in 1991 and had no active programs at the time of the invasion.
Aim: stop Saddam Hussein from obtaining weapons of mass destruction
Result: Although some degraded remnants of misplaced or abandoned chemical weapons from before 1991 were found, they were not the weapons which had been the main argument to justify the invasion. A U.S.-led Iraq Survey Group concluded that Iraq had ended its nuclear, chemical, and biological programs in 1991. Saddam Hussein is executed by the new governement. The war continues.

- Why are you still in this country? Did you stop to think maybe they do not want the peace and democracy your country is trying to force upon them?

DO YOU SEE ANY WAY YOUR COUNTRIES GOALS CAN BE ACHIEVED THROUGH WAR WITH EITHER OF THESE COUNTRIES?

And lastly before this word comes up a million times...
• Terrorist: a radical who employs terror (panic) as a political weapon
- Thats right! nothing to do with nationality, groups or weapons. It is a label that can be used by someone to label someone else without any evidence so IT MEANS NOTHING!

IT IS ONE LEVEL OF STUPID TO JUSTIFY STARTING THESE WARS BUT IT IS ANOTHER LEVEL OF STUPID TO STILL JUSTIFY THEM APPROACHING 10 YEARS ON WHEN THE INITIAL REASON FOR WAR IS NO LONGER VALID

Edit to fix format - apologise for spelling to tired to edit.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by byteshertz]

Excellent, Byteshertz! OMG, can we end these wars now?!

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
IMO, the aim in both facts 1 and 2 was achieved.

In fact 1, you can't put dead people on trial.

Al-qaeda has been eliminated. What you have now is a bunch of wannabes as well as government officials who continue to use the group as a reason for continuing the war.

Taliban was removed.

In fact 2, Saddam cannot obtain weapons of mass destruction since he is dead.

The problem is the results. Once the US military achieved their goals, the military should have been withdrawn. Covert operations and diplomacy should have taken over.

IMO, a military isn't meant to be in a long dragged out war.

al qeada was eliminated? is this your opinion or do you have solid facts to nack up your claims? taliban was eliminated? same question.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bruxfinn

For this reason, then, it becomes apparent that the REAL reasons for these actions were far more complex than could be explained to the average slob...and even to this very day, the real reasons this has occured and will continue to occur until the job is done are not anything the average citizen of the world could possibly understand.

The reason for the invasion of both countries has become VERY clear.

RESOURCES

Oil in Iraq, rare earth mineral and poppies in Afghanistan.

The CIA involvement with drugs is well known if you do a little reading.

Mena Arkansas, Barry Seal, Air America, etc etc

Those who "just" get news from TV are mostly media bots.

As for why they bankrupt a nation to do this is because that is
how pirates play the game.

Ppl still assume Government for the ppl by the ppl, but that game
has been rigged like many other games for quite some time.

Ask yourself why an energy task force would be top secret ?

Some of the documents that leaked out of that meeting had detailed
maps of the oil reserves of Iraq.

That makes at least half my point for me.

As long as we allow the Plutocrats to break the law and ignore
the law the pirates will keep running amok.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
reply to post by byteshertz

I share your frustration but there is one area where you are mistaken. The American people can do nothing with their government and the powers that be. Election time and voting is a joke. The Constitution is almost history and the time for the American public to react to an extent that would make a difference is long gone. We are on a downhill slide on a slippery slope and the only thing that will stop us now it hitting the bottom.
Seeashrink

Thanks for your reply! I have to agree and disagree - the American people have left action late and fixing the current state of things will be near impossible, but letting the task or problem overcome action is not an option - if America was being invaded by china and did not stand a chance (if you believe you would pretend you wouldnt) you would still take up arm's to defend your country even when faced with an impossible challenge - the only difference is people need it to be a blatant threat and will not act when change happens over time.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Let me just start by saying that your assumption is incorrect. Americans all over the country are standing up, and demanding to leave the middle east. There are protests every day. The politicians are more than scared.

Let me provide a more accurate representation of whats going on.

FACT:
The Afghanistan war:
•Initial reason for invasion: The country was infested with extremists. Afghanistan had become the worlds training ground for attacks on other countries. The taliban was quite friendly (in western terms) to the extremists.
•Aim: To remove the above mentioned safehavens. The government in power encouraged attacks against the infidels (they may have pubicly announced and encouraged it, they may have not. What matters, is they willingly ignored the fact that their country had become THE place to go if you wanted to train to kill westerners.)
•Result: We are all-in with no way out. We had no goals other than to disrupt training and operations. And there in lies the problem.

***Our country attacked another country because the taliban were unwilling to police their own nation. If we had let the thousands of extremists train there without obstruction, there would have been blood on every one of our hands. The United States is not the ONLY COUNTRY WHO HAS BEEN ATTACKED by groups who are either based out of afghanistan, or have trained in afghanistan.

The Iraq war:
•Initial reason for invasion: To attempt to create a new order of influence in the middle east among semi-developed nations. Iraq was to be a pinnacle of U.S. freedom in the middle east.
•Aim: Above
•Result: Iraqis will forever feel the pain that we placed upon them. For this, millions will lose sleep and be damaged for the lifetime of their generation.
- "Why are you still in this country?"

We may have #ed up, and killed a lot of people, but if the iraqis can seize the opportunity, they can create a bright future for their children.

I'd also like to point that we're pulling out of the country. Combat operations will soon cease. The country will likely need United Nation and U.S. assistance for at least another half-decade. I might point out that our guilt will forever obligate us to help, and that Japan--a country in which we committed the most dispicable act apon (Atomic Bomb), is now one of our strongest allies. South Korea has also benefited from U.S. Intervention. Their economy is strong, modern, and booming.

We are still in the country because we have an obligation to be. We could easily pull out and let the country go to waste. But, were willing to at least try to fix it.

Websters dictionary describes terrorism as: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.;

We label those who seek to destroy us by fear and by cowardly and petty attacks, terrorists.

One last thing,

I assume you live in a western world. I wish that there was a way for countries to be successful based solely upon how hard they work, and by the value of our morals. I wish there was a way for us all to get along. I wish i could stop the endless bloodshed.

But for those of us who live in reality, we must realize that if we want to live in a world with an infinite supply of peace, we must be willing to give up our entire lifestyle.

Are you willling to give up your house/apartment? Your car? Your television? Your cell phone? Your computer? Most of the clothes on your back? An insured supply of food?

I ask this, because if you live in a western world, you HAVE benefited in some way because of your relation with the United States. Whether it's cheap gas, a strong economy, or most commonly-- security. We make mistakes a lot. We dont deny it. But my generation is the most realistic ever to walk the face of this country. We will "be the change we wish to see in the world". When our time comes, we will change it forever.

Do we pretend we can fix everything? Yes. And that's our problem.

The american public was NOT COMPLICIT

[edit on 9-8-2010 by doctorjamesy]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Sorry for the wall of text:

Just a continuation from above.

It upsets me when i see people point the finger at the american people. The whole world stood behind us after september the 11th 2001. Even Tehran declared the attacks to be an injustice and against what the quran stood for.

Fast forward to today, the whole world is pissed because of what our governments have collectively done. There was a convoy of nations willing to commit troops to our cause -- a noble one at that. We attempted to forge a middle-east that favored the developed world. The plan went horribly wrong.

But just as you're not responsible for what your government did (or are you? Because there were a hell of a lot of other nations that committed themselves) (most supported our government. Quite a few still do.), we aren't either, and we vehemently oppose it. We were inches away from real revolution in this country. Then obama came along. And as Obama begins to look more like bush, and less like the campaign obama, the pressure is indeed ratcheting up again. We are just as pissed as you are, we are just as ashamed as you are.

I read earlier that someone commented on how complex these issues are. Bingo. I can't pretend to know everything, but what i can do is explain the pulse of our nation on that day. I'll forever remember it.

The American public is now intolerant to politicians, and growing more courageous and outspoken daily. I expect this trend to continue for quite some time. In the end, it will be us the people who end this tirade for good.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rimshot

Ok, you practise killing people, then you go out and kill people?

The Army is immoral.

War is immoral.

Countries who wage war are immoral.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

i assume you live in a western world. I wish that there was a way for countries to be successful based solely upon how hard they work, and how moral they are. I wish there was a way for us all to get along. I wish i could stop the endless bloodshed.
We are still in the country because we have an obligation to be. We could easily pull out and let the country go to waste. But....we do have morals.
There never was any obligation, it is an obligation America assigned iteself. Dont get me started on morals.

i assume you live in a western world. I wish that there was a way for countries to be successful based solely upon how hard they work, and how moral they are. I wish there was a way for us all to get along. I wish i could stop the endless bloodshed

I live in New Zealand and would happily give up my lifestyle if it was going to serve a pupose that would not be exploited by the greedy.

But for those of us who live in reality, we must realize that if we want to live in a world with an infinite supply of peace, we must be willing to give up our entire lifestyle

Well in reality war does not result in peace, stop playing civilization and realise that these are real people with real families and real emotions and all you are doing is creating anger and resent that can only result in more bloodshed.

Are you willling to give up your house/apartment? Your car? Your television? Your cell phone? Your computer? Most of the clothes on your back? An insured supply of food?

There is more than enough resources to go around it is the fear and greed that keeps it from being shared. Are you willing to accept that rich are allowed to fly around in jets and own 20 holiday homes and blow money left right and center while Nearly one in four people, 1.3 billion - a majority of humanity - live on less than $1 per day, while the world's 358 billionaires have assets exceeding the combined annual incomes of countries with 45 percent of the world's people. (Source: UNICEF)?
It is that fear that is killing people, innocent people just like you and I that have the right to live just as much as us, and we murder them because we are too scared to share and trim the fat.

I ask this, because if you live in a western world, you HAVE benefited in some way because of your relation with the United States in some way.

Yes, I have benefitted in many ways throughout my life which I owe nobody anything for this as I have never had a choice in the matter I have no option to return to nature and be a wild animal again like I would choose. I have been given "freedom" that I dont own I rent it, pay tax on it and get terms and conditions included. I like all of us have no option to escape and take responsibility for myself. I have been given invisible bars.
Just because you like the bars or like your cage does not give you the right to hold me in one.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by byteshertz]

[edit on 9-8-2010 by byteshertz]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Like Dragonsmusic, I also am an American and do not support any of the wars our country is in.

We are trapped in a country that claims to be a democratic republic but in fact read my location.

And get your facts straight my dear brother/sister: This location is now pretty much global.

Why am I still here?

Let's see, other countries don't allow as easily immigration as America.

My husband is 66, I'm 58.

Our house and townhouse are almost paid off.

My husband and I don't know any language except English and at times that is a challenge.

Houses aren't selling here in America, at present and unless the housing market does not bounce back we couldn't make enough of a profit to buy a home in a foreign land.

While my job is being outsourced to "Team India" probably within the next two weeks I will be unemployed for the first time in 30+ years, my husband still has a job and makes good money. He will probably have to work until his time to pass from all of this.

I did not vote in the last election because I believe, here in America we really have no choice.

911 was a inside job, a false flag operation to get the majority of American Sheeple to go along with the many wars our country tends to get involved in for profit.

Younger people will not realize all the frap that is coming down.

Once you have the perspective of half a century, five decades of watching you begin to learn and then it's too late and by the time you really wake up it's time to take your leave and reincarnate all over again.

I can only speak for myself.

I am against war. I demonstrated against the war in Vietnam, I am against the Iraq and Afganistan wars. And yes, when you kill 1,721,782
humans it is war. Source for figure: www.unknownnews.net...

So many evil men have been allowed to rule our entire planet and it continues, but this isn't just an American Problem, this is a global problem and it seems there are evil men running the show in many countries.

Most common folk all over the world want nothing more then to live and let live. To have a safe warm place to sleep, enough food and clean water and to just live out their days in peace.

Read my many posts, I'm just an average person living an average life. However, I see through the illusion that we are "free". We are no longer free and haven't been since November 22, 1963.

“Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.” - Sigmund Freud

When a man must be afraid to drink freely from his country's rivers and streams, that country is no longer fit to live in.
-- Edward Abbey, Desert Solitaire

The sneakiest form of literary subtlety, in a corrupt society, is to speak the plain truth. The critics will not understand you; the public will not believe you; your fellow writers will shake their heads.
-- Edward Abbey

This last quote I sent to President Obama yesterday.

If I were the president, I could stop terrorist attacks against the United States in a few days. Permanently. I would first apologize to all the widows and orphans, the tortured and impoverished, and all the many millions of other victims of American imperialism. Then I would announce, in all sincerity, to every corner of the world, that America's global interventions have come to an end, and inform Israel that it is no longer the 51st state of the USA but now -- oddly enough -- a foreign country. I would then reduce the military budget by at least 90% and use the savings to pay reparations to the victims. There would be more than enough money. One year's military budget of 330 billion dollars is equal to more than $18,000 an hour for every hour since Jesus Christ was born. That's what I'd do on my first three days in the White House. On the fourth day, I'd be assassinated. -- William Blum, author of "Killing Hope: U.S. Military and CIA Interventions Since World War II," and "Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower"

Lastly as of this writing it is August 9, 2010 4:35 C/T America has been the only country to drop not one but two atomic bombs upon a foreign country.

I wonder who will be the next country to deploy this type of action and how far the next incident will escalate.

We humans are in a race. We've become technologically great however we are still warring with each other and unless we wake up and get rid of our corrupt leaders, we may end up going the way of the dinosaur.

I will no longer vote in America, our votes do not count, because those that count the votes are not honest.

America is no longer land of the free and home of the brave.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
to the op im sitting here wondering if you would have the same views of the past world states:

spanish,iberian,empire,british,french,german,egypitan,islamic,mongolian

persian empires............... everyone is so quick to jump on america

but if you look at how truly brutal past countries have been,past wars have been......

to me you just cant justify your antiamericanism to me.

...."let he who is without sin cast the first stone........"

feel free to disagree...but i see this thread for what it is.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by neo96]

the difference is back then those empires were barbaric and not interested in peace...only conquering more land.

the OP isnt the only one who is "antiamerica" at the moment it appears a large majority of the world is and that number is growing...and its simple

america is far worse than the "terrorists" they claim to be trying to stop.

not the people of america...just its majorly corrupt government.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Excellent post, and thanks for the reply. Although I disagree with a few things I am sure I can learn some things from our difference of opinion so will read through what you wrote and mull it over and adjust my perspective accordingly.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
America went to war and has had her nose in the middle east for the resources.

One of which is a stargate in Aden.

If one starts to really research and dig deep you will begin to uncover some fasinating stuff.

The middle east held (past tense/much was stolen and or destroyed) our real history.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af386a3ee535.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by rimshot

Ok, you practise killing people, then you go out and kill people?

The Army is immoral.

War is immoral.

Countries who wage war are immoral.

As the marine corp general who discovered the business plot said,
war is a racket.

en.wikipedia.org...

You will not find this on your TV, but if you dig you will find a lot
of American History is kept in the dark for obvious reasons.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Maybe you didn't read what i said. Now that we #ed up the country, we have an obligation to fix it. No need to repeat myself more than once--so i won't address this again.

"But for those of us who live in reality, we must realize that if we want to live in a world with an infinite supply of peace, we must be willing to give up our entire lifestyle"

We have benefited materially from our intrusive demeanor. It's truely unsound, morally. But many who tout america's imperialistic ways don't understand that our countries have benefited near exclusively from war over the past century. I was posing a question. Does the end justify the means? The world's wars have made some rich and powerful, some unsuccessful and poor. If you live in a western world-- most of here on ATS do, it's likely that you're bearing the fruits of america as a superpower, or that your family has at some point. If you're one of the few willing to give up their house, blackberry/iphone, their morning lattes, their computer, etc...then youre nor only admirable, but you're being true to yourself, and you truely appreciate the value of life. But what we should do, is recognize that is wasn't merely our hard work alone that we do that got us the luxuries we enjoy.

Well in reality war does not result in peace, stop playing civilization and realise that these are real people with real families and real emotions and all you are doing is creating anger and resent that can onloy result in more bloodshed.

Thank you for repeating my view. What you didn't understand, was that the original post was analyzing the mindset and justification of our government's actions at the time. I share your view.

"There is more than enough resources to go around it is the fear and greed that keeps it from being shared. Are you willing to accept that rich are allowed to fly around in jets and own 20 holiday homes and blow money left right and center while Nearly one in four people, 1.3 billion - a majority of humanity - live on less than $1 per day, while the world's 358 billionaires have assets exceeding the combined annual incomes of countries with 45 percent of the world's people. (Source: UNICEF)? "

And what is your solution to this problem?

"Yes, I have benefitted in many ways throughout my life which I owe nobody anything for this as I have never had a choice in the matter I have no option to return to nature and be a wild animal again like I would choose. I have been given "freedom" that I dont own I rent it, pay tax on it and get terms and conditions included. I like all of us have no option to escape and take responsibility for myself. I have been given invisible bars."

Again, then you're truely something special. It's disappointing that the average person doesn't feel the same way. In regards to the "return to nature" comment, is that what you really want? If you had to choose at the fork in the road, do you choose nature? Or the developed world? If we choose the developed world, then we must accept the means by which our modern world was formed. I'm not pretending to say that in order to live in a developed world, we must have to be imperialistic. But then again, what are the alternatives to the modern world? Do we merely win by removing ourselves from it and suffering? Do we win by enjoying the fact that we would have chosen things to be different? How do we get rid of class all together? The world is very complex. I have no solution to these age old questions. Do you?

So if you are the "what will be...will be" type, and youd rather go through life without solving any problems, thats where the fundamental difference between you and i. If we cannot come to a conclusion that there is indeed a solution to these types of problems, than theres nothing we can do, and what will be will be.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
in general...USA is an W.M.D itself......

unfortunally...sometimes rabbits shoots back...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
The Iraq war:
Initial reason for invasion: The United States and the United Kingdom claimed that Iraq's alleged possession of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) posed a threat to their security and that of their coalition/regional allies. After investigation following the invasion, the U.S.-led Iraq Survey Group concluded that Iraq had ended its nuclear, chemical, and biological programs in 1991 and had no active programs at the time of the invasion.
Aim: stop Saddam Hussein from obtaining weapons of mass destruction

While I 'appreciate' your efforts in trying to rile the US of A and the United Kingdom, your analysis is skewered where you have mentioned that the reason for the invasion of Iraq was the destruction of WMDs that Iraq allegedly possessed.

Firstly, this reason as we all know now, is beyond belief and outrageous to say the least! Even if Iraq possessed WMDs, did they pose any threat to the US of A or Britain? NO! They are so far displaced in time and space that it would have taken Saddam at least another 50 years to have had an offensive capability to threaten mainland America/UK with state of the art delivery systems. I guess you are now aware of what they actually possessed when the US and UK went to war. Nix!

And then, do not be under the misplaced perception that this war was all about destruction of alleged WMDs ready to strike Western targets within an hour as Blair claimed and had repeatedly made when arguing the case for war. And then, just days before sending troops into action, Blair no longer believed Saddam had weapons of mass destruction ready for firing within 45 minutes. So why did he opt to join the coalition to attack Iraq? What was the real reason for the war?

Therefore, this war was nothing about WMDs. It was about OIL. Period!

Bush decided to invade Iraq in April 2001, six months before September 11th, and the official reason was to improve Western access to Iraqi oil.

"President Bush's Cabinet agreed in April 2001 that 'Iraq remains
a destabilizing influence to the flow of oil to international markets
from the Middle East' and because this is an unacceptable risk to
the US 'military intervention' is necessary."

In other words, this war had nothing to do with 9/11, or terrorism, WMDs, human rights, or any of the factors that the US government would like you to believe are the true motives for war. It was all about oil.

I thought you knew?

More here if you’re interested.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Byteshertz, you need to get your facts straight:

1. Afghanistan continues to be a problem because terrorists are routinely crossing the border from PAKISTAN! Maybe you haven't read a newspaper or watched the news since bush was in office, but this is one of the main reasons the Afghan war continues aside from ensuring a radical and oppressive regime doesn't take over in Afghanistan. Also, the Taliban was recognized as the legitimate government of Afghanistan in 2001. Therefore, war was declared against that country.

2. Iraq is a very delicate situation. While I agree no REAL threats were uncovered (allegedly if there were any weapons, they ended up in Syria). Iraq has been used to brutal dictatorships in the past. If we simply leave, history will repeat itself. Remember what happened in Vietnam? Those, such as yourself, who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

3. Why are you on these anti-war rants? Are you one of these people who feel the only just war was WW2 beacuse those "EVIL" Nazis were racists and slaughtering innocent people?

This isn 't the 60s and you people need to reralize that we didn't just randomly attack countries. There is a purpose and that is to prevent another 9/11.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join