It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US WARS: Get your facts straight

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Sounds like you are in the military. Or watching a lot of propaganda mass media.

No offense meant, and if you take offense I'm sorry.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

america is just a branch of the united nations. and the cover stories we hear are only cover stories. it is a world social engineering machine, with gray ops, black ops, psyops, "information technologies", and a slew of other ideologies and goal masters.

do you think we are this incompetent as a species? sharing 99.7+% of the same dna, clones, but focussing mostly on our differences?

are we better prepared for whatever may come from above?
are we better prepared for whatever mother nature will throw at us?

after katrina and a few other natural disasters, im thinking no.

for those who have/obtain "power", it is in their best interests to create scenarios that keep their position active instead of no longer needed.

think about it.

americans? freedom?

freedom is not defined by being born into a system where one is mandatorily expected to conform to more laws than they will live long enough to learn.

go ahead, ask any american how many laws there are.

i bet if we locked up all the supreme court justices and all senators/congressmen in one big plush hotel room with everything they could need or want (other than law references) and gave them all the pens and paper they needed, and did not let them out until they wrote down all the laws verbadim, word for word, odds are they would probably die first.

yet, americans continue to pay them more money to make more laws, even though their own children will never live long enough to know the number of laws, let alone what they are.

friends and family do not treat friends and family in a way that they expect eachother to conform to manditory expectations that number so high, no friend or family member lives long enough to know them.

and, if we are to believe the main stream media, this is the exact form of "freedom" americans are sending their neighbors off to "sell" in foreign lands .... "winnings heart and minds".

let's sit some 2 month olds down to play monopoly. every time they make a mistake, let's slap them in the face.

maybe not a fair analogy, since the toddlers and children of warzones are getting a little bit more than just a slap in the face.

instead of believing at face value the information we are being fed, might i make a suggestion:

what would have to be going on in order to justify their actions and behaviors as being in the best interests of the inhabitants of this planet?

i don't think that we are being told the whole truth, and if we are, our sensory input isn't permitting us to process it at the conscious level of mind.

i speak from my experiences. things don't add up right to me.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

Originally posted by byteshertz

And lastly before this word comes up a million times...
• Terrorist: a radical who employs terror (panic) as a political weapon

[edit on 8-8-2010 by byteshertz]

I think this is the best thing you mentioned.

POLITICAL WEAPON!

i liked this definition, too. it does sum terrorist up rather well.

politics is a weapon. a weapon that depends upon fear. fear is politics.

(i learned about compound words in third grade, but Mrs Yates didn't have time to teach us all the compound words)

go add fear into men
go fear in men add
go fer in men +
go ver n men +
governmen+

just some thoughts,
et

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

So bored
Sober

Yeah I get ya.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
None of the Americans on this board can really do anything about the wars fought for our leaders. You see, I know what you are saying, you know what you are saying but the majority of Americans will never be clued into these things. Instead, they will be distracted, lied to or both and the ones who are clued in, have no way what-so-ever to educate our neighbors.

If you haven't realized it yet, we are not exactly free, nor are we in control of our country so unless the majority of Americans wake up and decide to scarifice, nothing is going to change until TPTB want it to change. It's almost imposible to educate the public because the MSM and tightening controls on our 1st Amendment liberty to be free from persecution for speech.

In the US, our founding fathers sacrificed so much by booting out the British and establishing a new country based upon liberty and justice. In doing so, they framed the Constitution, which would later include the "Bill of Rights". This Constitutoin and the Bill of Rights contained within it, almost guarenteed the people to keep control over the system. Sadly, we have allowed this Constitution to become worthless, where it doesn't even matter anymore. Most Americans have no idea what liberties this Constitution protects or what is even written in the Constitution. A good majority of Americans, I'm sure, don't even know that we have a Constitution or the purpose it plays.

I really don't blame them, there has been a concerted effort, I believe, in keeping the American people ignorant of their rights or the limits of government. We have all been indoctrinated into beliving we are wage-slaves with no ability to hold our rulers accountable.

I have always said that the only difference between us and the slaves of history, is that we all have much better living quarters and a few more comforts.

In short, I'm just trying to say that most Americans aren't at fault for what's going on. What many people around the world see on the news, we do not. Our information is heavily censored, though we believe it not to be, which is far more dangerous. The many Americans who do realize what's going on, have no way to do anything about it. The American people are not in control of their government.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
If any of my fellow United States citizens are agreeing with this crap, you have a very cynical perspective of your country. You should acknowledge our country's failures, pick your selves off the floor, and learn from the hell we went through. You should also stick up for your fellow citizens, and stop moping around because things went wrong.

Majority of these ATS foreigners who are bashing your country are hypocrites. None of them have the guts to pick up a weapon and fight for what they believe to be just. Instead of allowing our fellow US citizens to learn from such mistakes, ATS foreigners are bashing our country's government into the next millennium. Sure, we have issues to deal with, but what gives these hypocrites the right to kick you while we are down.

Stand up for yourselves for god sakes. Be proud of your country.

God bless the United States.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Section31]

I firmly believe in the principals our country was founded on. I believe and have faith in our constitution. What I am cynical about is the current destruction of those things. I think we peaked somewhere between the 60's and the 70's and then began our descent. Since then we have descended into corruption, immoral behavior, greed, power and control.

No, I believe in what we once were but not in where we are going. We have gone from making sure the minorities voice is heard to the minorities having overwhelming, dictatorial control. Our people say, "no, we don't want gay marriage"; a single judge says, "tough 5h1t, you're going to get it anyway". The majority of the people did not want ObamaCare but OUR REPRESENTATIVES said, "tough 5h1t, you're gonna get it anyway".

The arrogant powers in Washington are all about themselves and their own motives. The people are mere annoyances getting in their way. This is the America I no longer believe in. But I will be the first to fight to return to our core values. When they come knocking at my door at 4am, one of us is getting a bullet in the head. That much I promise.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The real reason for these wars is to bankrupt the American economy. It's been going pretty well so far, don't you think?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBird
The primary purpose of the war in Afghanistan was to secure a friendly regime in Kabul that would allow us to build a pipeline for the strategic control and exploitation of oil fields in and around the Caspian Sea.

Later objectives of the war included the political re-stabilization (not "de-stabilization" as so many people think - we have no interest in direct occupation) of Pakistan, resulting in a new, friendly regime, as the old friendly regime which had replaced the undesirable regime in 1999, was beginning to de-stabilize, and had lost popular support.

Our primary objective was only half accomplished as the original pipeline plan fell through, and following an attempt by the Chinese to co-opt the plan, we were forced to accept an increase in Chinese participation in the pipeline plan.

Considering that a primary motivation of the original pipeline plan had been U.S. strategic control of the line by sending it through Afgh-Paki instead of simply going through China, the fact that the we were forced in the end to accept some Chinese financing and control over the operation suggests that our primary objective was only partly achieved.

All in all, I'd say a mild success.

Oh, wait. You mean you thought it was about Terrorism?

Woops...

Thank you....Stands and claps and clicks the "friend" button.

You did leave out the MIC's (military industrial complex) raping of
the American taxpayer to the tune of 1 TRILLION dollars. And the
creation (not eradication) of a new generation of terrorists to further
the agenda of war and the restriction and control of the American
taxpaying populace....but I forgive you
What are friends for?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
IMO, the aim in both facts 1 and 2 was achieved.

In fact 1, you can't put dead people on trial.

Al-qaeda has been eliminated. What you have now is a bunch of wannabes as well as government officials who continue to use the group as a reason for continuing the war.

Taliban was removed.

In fact 2, Saddam cannot obtain weapons of mass destruction since he is dead.

The problem is the results. Once the US military achieved their goals, the military should have been withdrawn. Covert operations and diplomacy should have taken over.

IMO, a military isn't meant to be in a long dragged out war.

Omg godd and i'm a real atheist , did you just say that ! haha god thats insanely funny I'm serious

Al-qaeda has been eliminated.

sorry but i just read this

NATO says 3 US soldiers killed in roadside bombings in southern Afghanistan

these people breed new terrorists, sorry but the only way to get ride of these people and their way of thinking is to nuke emm all

what you said is completely rubbish from the military channel total brain wash machine

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

perhaps objectives changed (without the general publics knowing).

perhaps objectives changed when opportunity comes along?

i guess what i am saying is:

the stated objectives that get us into these conflicts have already served their purpose by getting us into these conflicts. the string pullers are optimal opportunists, trained and bred such over generations, and objectives are not as important as creating scenarios which have the potential to make for more opportunities.

i don't like to give that type of thinking too much merit, nor invest too much empathy to try and understand it. but i think some try to play by no rules, especially if they think they can.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
my government does whatever they want regardless of the peoples voice in most of the recent actions that have happened in the past ten years when were we once asked if we wanted to go to war when were we asked if we want our great grandchildren to be born with 10,000$ or more of debt when were we asked at all? the people that give a darn have no voice at all and the majority could care less. state leaders do what they want or what they are told to by higher ups not by the people. the whole by the people for the people died along time ago and no one gives a sht.....so yeah "we" will continue to be the world police we will continue weakening our own economy and those attached to the united states. just remember "the needs of the rich outweigh the needs of the rest of the 99% of america" and you will understand everything

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Well, some people here think that the reason they gave was a lie. All you have to do is see who's benefiting from it. It's certainly not the general public.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

" 'spoon" I agree. I am free because "I AM" in my Heart and Soul. I was given that thought process by the founder's and fighters of and for Our Freedom, not by the document which enumerated it. By lack of understanding and ignorance through time, general apathy, (and for lack of better education) the simple Horse Sense or lack of .............Hell it is so simple and complex at the same time it is for most more than they can contemplate. Most people are not able to understand Freedom, they equate it to a document they are unable to decipher and/or understand. Our enemies are adapt at their art's of control and focus which most people's cannot understand or fathom. It is sad, and has been sad for Age's. WE ARE LAZY AND APATHETIC AS WELL AS TRAINED.

Chris
III

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
There is no such thing as countries anymore.

Only corporations.

Check my signature links.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

dick cheny and crew admitted to stretching the truth before the war the invasion had already been planned since his dad was still president (bush) it was just a continuation of the first war they knew there where no weapons so what was the excuse 9/11 the only reason why there havent been anymore attacks is because out own goverment has not decided when to attack it s public again but you cant bet your a$$ thats it coming why to justify iran the fact that our brave men and women are over there does not change the fact that because they are over there they have created more enemies and animosity more anti-american feelings because we pressume to know what is best for a country when we have no clue what is in fact going on there we just assume they want out help it is not our job to interfere with other goverments unless they make a direct action against us

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
USA Is Like A Theif In The Night, It Jumps Over Your Fence Then Dictates How You Should Live & Kills Your Children If You Do Not Conform

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Burgo]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
“The powers in charge kept us in a perpetual state of fear – kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor – with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it by furnishing the exorbitant sums demanded. Yet, in retrospect, these disasters seem never to have happened, seem never to have been quite real.”

General Douglas MacArthur

westpointgradsagainstthewar.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I have believed from the beginning of all these wars that this is about building a stage in the middle east. A sort of platform for world power which is probably mostly obvious because these wars don't make sense.

It doesn't make sense or benefit but a small construct of thinking that will enable a world power to take place.

The middle east is the key setting up a cacopheny of events to stimulate a need for peace. A peace in the world that will be brought from one of the most conflicted areas of this planet.

This is strategy to employ a world dictator when the time is ready due to heavy inside collected occult knowledge and technology.

This is what I believe when I've thought and probed over this for so much time. It's obvious the stage that's being set up in the middle east, where cost of life and monetary is put aside for world control.

When the revolution has come so far from the underground exposing so much. Chaos is implemented Geo Physically, through Occult Technology and playing countries against each other.

The total summation I get from all this is that those who know their time is short are scared to death.

This is the age of consciousness were coming into and have for some time where people are waking up to their inherent right to be free in Body, Soul and Mind.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
How can I take you seriously when your op isn't spelled correctly or correct in grammar? You are just another naysayer who wouldn't have crap if it wasn't for America. We aren't perfect, but we aren't writing posts on how your county is messed up either. I doubt the servers would have enough space. Wait, I see your nanny now. Move along.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I would like to add:

Where do you think the so called 'terrorists' are getting their weapons from? I mean these 'terrorists' are supposed to be a group of mismananged individuals fighting with a few guns. However, they seem to be doing a very good job in keeping the troops from doing anything.

ITS SIMPLE LET ME SPELL IT OUT - T.h.e s.a.m.e p.e.o.p.l.e w.h.o.m a.r.e p.r.o.f.i.t.i.n.g f.r.o.m t.h.e w.a.r a.r.e s.u.p.p.l.y.i.n.g t.h.e.m!

This is why I have no respect from anyone that grabs a gun in order to kill another human being, the dumbed down sheeple are being sold a dummy on a daily basis!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join