It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 Food Supply related events.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Have you watched the documentarty Home? Highly reccomended.
www.youtube.com...

Good news for organic farmers.
food-facts.suite101.com...

Canada - BC salmon stocks up, fishery open first time in 4 years, but prices stay high. I'll be sure to catch my limit.
www.cbc.ca...

2 good links but much more concern thou...

USA : Amid pumpkin shortage, growers hope for a dryer summer
www.freshplaza.com...
Amatrine - wife just picked 3 sugar pumpkins, you live close by?

Population surges during food prodution slumps.
theemergencyfoodsupply.com...

USA oldest farm goes up for sale 378 years.
www.krqe.com...

USA food stamp to decrease by %59 month.
www.watertowndailytimes.com...

Burma growing food shortages.
www.irrawaddy.org...

EGYPT: Fears of a food crisis after Russia's wheat export ban.
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Greek truck stop creates food shortages.
www.monstersandcritics.com...

Mexico food riots.
www.cogwriter.com...

Pakistan shortages.
www.dawn.com...

Venezuelan government to guarantee access to essential foods amidst price inflation.
venezuelanalysis.com...

Yunnan faces crisis.
www.chinadaily.com.cn...

Obamanomics = Empty Grocery Store Shelves. Great video on hyper inflation.
seaspook.blogspot.com...

Winter storm clears shelves.
www.youtube.com...

Global deep freeze threatens food supply.
www.naturalnews.com...

2010 Wall Street Predictions: Major food shortages
www.newjerseynewsroom.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Let's see here,... it has been about 8 days since the chicken little in the video screamed about how food prices will skyrocket.
Umm,.. no panic yet at the grocery stores....
maybe next week huh?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
These events will take time to trickle down, but will effect many things. Cost of meat production will rise, booze will be affected.

Seems that Mid East and Europe will be affected mostly.
alertnet.org...

Barley has doubled in price in six weeks.
www.ft.com...

Vendors take advantage of food shortage. $6.60 for loaf of bread.
www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I found a few more 2010 food related articles. USA and Canada seem to be quite stable as far as supplying food but other countries dont have the same fate. Bill s510 seem to be a direct attack on people who enjoy home grown food and I dont agree with it at all.

Senate Bill S510 Makes it illegal to Grow, Share, Trade or Sell Homegrown Food? What illegal to grow food or collect rain water???
www.infowars.com...

Soaring food prices hit Pakistan
english.aljazeera.net...

Agriculture experts to predict that we will soon be experiencing a worldwide food crisis of unprecedented magnitude.
theemergencyfoodsupply.com...

Government cover-up of food shortage feared
Reports show demand growing, production declines estimated at 30%
www.wnd.com...

Income deflation and food inflation; two high-speed express trains coming down that tracks at each other.
agriculture.imva.info...

World Food Shortage, A British Policy Success.
www.larouchepub.com...

Police trainees protest food shortage in Eastern Equatoria State.
www.sudantribune.com...

Arab world grapples with pending food shortage.
arabnews.com...

India and China likely to face food shortage due to melting glaciers.
www.thaindian.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The way that I see it is the U.S. won't really experience food shortages, but specific food products may not be available, and the overall prices will continue to rise. If it gets to the point that other countries are pretty much starving, expect major geopolitical instabilities, war, famine in 3rd world countries, plagues, and on the home front (in the u.s.) skyrocketing food prices, and a possible draft to stabilize riots worldwide.

I'm no expert on any of this, just offering an opinion. Also, this could still be a few years off, but I don't really expect the situation to suddenly improve, rather slowly deteriorate as climate change becomes more extreme, and population continues to increase ... however, it may not truly increase from this point on .. who knows for sure ??

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I know many here aren't concerned about food shortages, but those who are in finacial difficulty better prepare. If hyperinflation hits like its projected = hungry people.

A loaf of wheat bread may soon cost $23 due to skyrocketing food price inflation:
www.naturalnews.com...

Federal report: U.S. hunger remains at highest levels in 15 years:
www.cnn.com...

More US households short of food:
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by quest4info
I know many here aren't concerned about food shortages, but those who are in finacial difficulty better prepare. If hyperinflation hits like its projected = hungry people.

A loaf of wheat bread may soon cost $23 due to skyrocketing food price inflation:
www.naturalnews.com...

Federal report: U.S. hunger remains at highest levels in 15 years:
www.cnn.com...

More US households short of food:
www.bbc.co.uk...

I've been keeping an eye on it, ever since I started weight training back in August 2010 and spending £45.00 a week just on Healthy food and plenty of bulk food that last's the week, I've noticed spending cut's is a load of nonsense and price's have increased by about 30 pence more for a tin/can of food. It's now nearly £0.89 for one small can of 125g tomato soup. Not that I eat it as I eat raw food's, best way and keep's the cost of living down a lot. I've save £15.00 a week on food cost's totalling to £30.00 a week and plenty of dry and fresh food's for that. Like I shop more at farmer's market's, try and eliminate supermarket's as they make more profit of the farmer's product than the farmer's make for themselves.

Even if a vegetable is much larger or smaller in size to that of the recommended size for the supermarket to sell onto the customer, they will say "no thanks" to the farmer and then the farmer has lost a considerable lot of stock because the main supplier in town will refuse the stock. So then the farmer is left with local market's and their own market's within their premises.

It suck's! That the farmer's work bl**dy hard for a living and the "Supermarket's" profit more than the man/farmer who put's the time and effort to supply his/her country.

That's why I buy only from farmer's now as without them, the majority of us wouldn't survive. We owe it to our local farmer's/producer's. It's as if a lot of people have forgotten where their food comes from and how it has made it to the shleves. It's very sad, I do worry at times for the younger generation. Some are completely clueless where their food comes from

My mate bought 25kg bag of potatoes from the local farm market for £5.57 - BARGAIN!!!

The local Supermarket TESCO's would charge a couple of quid for just 1.5kg of potatoes. Leaving the farmer out of business to distribute the larger and yet smaller potatoes.

Just to give you lot an idea how costly it's getting over here in the UK.
edit on 20-11-2010 by DClairvoyant because: Typo.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

Hi DC, I see your watching your food dollars, good on you. I think as many watch the crisis going on around the world they are missing the obvious..FOOD. Global disasters, pending wars, and all that creates havoc on food supplies. Climate change has caused tremendous havoc on many countries and here are a few more to close my 2010 food thread.

Wheat-Crop Quality in Australia's Queensland Is Hurt by Rains, Growers Say(top 4 world producer)
www.bloomberg.com...
www.businessweek.com...

U.S. Gasoline Rises to $2.91 a Gallon, Lundberg Says(um I already pay $4.50 gallon) but as gas rises so does the cost of transporting food.
www.bloomberg.com...

JPMorgan Says Crude Oil Price Will Reach $120 a Barrel Before End of 2012.
www.bloomberg.com...

Onion prices soar due to crop damage
www.washingtonbanglaradio.com...

Crop damage in Kuttanad: Chandy demands action
www.asianetindia.com...

Crops worldwide are being destroyed due to climate changes and all I am saying is just be aware.
Peace be with you all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join