It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People from Russia and surrounding area's of your country, PLEASE SPEAK UP...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hello I have been reading certain area's of ATS about the wild fire's in Russia and surrounding area's of your country. I would appreciate if anybody form that area can lighten up these dark area's that MSM -Main stream Media are keeping mostly Great Britian in the shadow's what's happening to our neighbouring countries?

I was reading upon a member here on ats displayed an imagery google picture of Russia and mainly Eastern Europe affected by the forest fires. It was truely horrifying and shocking to anyone's guess of their nature.

I started this thread to bring awareness and light to this subject.

I am shocked that this country Great Britian has hardly mentioned/covered any area to do with the fires.

Below I have provided a quote from a member here on ats:

It's quite amazing that mainstream media in the west are failing to provide good stories with the Russia fire situation. Half of the country, most of its populated part, is on fire. Some pics and videos are quite apocalyptic in nature. Authorities are proving next to useless - even The Russian Navy's materiel base was reportedly seriously damaged, and as of yesterday there were reports of a fire approaching a nuclear research center in Sarov (former secret town Arzamas-16).

Where I have highlighted this is true.

I ask for those of you experiencing this situation first-hand or know of loved one's, friend's, families and so on.. Could you please speak up for us all here on ATS and help us understand what we can do to help YOU!

One thing I ask for mainly is what does YOUR government have planned for YOUR safety? What are they doing and how will they further prevent the loss of lives?

Thankyou for your time and I look very foward to hearing your replies.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I have added website link's and pictures below to the best of my understanding:

www.watoday.com.au...

news.ph.msn.com...

238,000 firefighters were deployed in 14 regions, along with 25,000 vehicles and 226 aircraft, the ministry said.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

A state of emergency is in effect in parts of Russia where high temperatures have ruined crops and fueled wildfires that have killed at least 28 people and forced thousands from their homes. TODAYshow.com's Dara Brown reports.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Stepanov said about 500,000 hectares of land were currently ablaze.

www.nationalturk.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I saw a local news story last night about how the heatwave had driven many vodka drinking Russians into the waterways and they are having record drownings.

I think they said it was a average of 6 a day.

Nothing about record fires though.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
did you mean to post this in the deepwater discussion forum?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
did you mean to post this in the deepwater discussion forum?

No, it wasn't meant for the 'Deepwater Discussion Forum'. I've edited that line out, thankyou for noticing and I didn't explain myself to well.

Also well spotted I've just realised I've put this in the wrong forum board, darn it! Hopefully a moderator spot's this mistake and place's it into the correct forum board.

Thankyou again.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Guys! I'm here in Moscow, and I can hardly breath! This is nightmare. We have temeperatures in high 90s outside and those without conditionairs - the whole 105F. All windows are sealed!

Russia Today online covers fires more or less close to the truth. I assembled a bunch of videos in one page:
www.webarmy.ru...

Also, the RT youtube channel -
www.youtube.com.../u

As for corexit rains and other forum topics we also trying to keep russians informed:
www.webarmy.ru...

P.S. There are about 180,000 people are fighting with fires 24/7 including volunteers. All firefighters and emergency services involved, some hardware moved here from quite regions. Government just promised to rebuild those vanished settlements. What esle they can do?

Gleb

[edit on 8-8-2010 by glebb]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by glebb
Guys! I'm here in Moscow, and I can hardly breath! This is nightmare. We have temeperatures in high 90s outside and those without conditionairs - the whole 105F. All windows are sealed!

Russia Today online covers fires more or less close to the truth. I assembled a bunch of videos in one page:
www.webarmy.ru...

Also, the RT youtube channel -
www.youtube.com.../u

As for corexit rains and other forum topics we also trying to keep russians informed:
www.webarmy.ru...

P.S. There are about 180,000 people are fighting with fires 24/7 including volunteers. All firefighters and emergency services involved, some hardware moved here from quite regions. Government just promised to rebuild those vanished settlements. What esle they can do?

Gleb

[edit on 8-8-2010 by glebb]

Glebb, Any idea on how it started? Was it a storm or was it a careless act (cigarette, un-managed campfire)? Hoping you guys get thru this, wildfires are a nasty business. How are you guys handling the heat? Are there alot of heat related deaths?
Stay safe.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by glebb

Thankyou for your reply

I have been speculating for the past hour or so where did the fire start and how much smog depending on wind direction will affect further continent's around the world?

For example here is a link to Iceland:

www.zastavki.com...

The tiny island Iceland, yup now the size of Russia = Enormous.

The UK had all its flight's stopped due to BIG ash cloud from Iceland's Volcano, yes, good. We all understand where I'm going with this.

Can anybody find out here which way the wind direction is pushing to in Russia and all surrounding area's containing the fire???

This may be a bigger cause for concern especially for area's that haven't been affected yet.

My point is, this is a good method to tracking which way the fire may choose to go next and many more lives can be saved and not jeopardised.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I have found this link to be of a good information purpose.

Fire Situation in Russia

www.fire.uni-freiburg.de...

There are several reasons why fire is a major natural disturbance in Russian forests:

1. About 95 percent of the forests are boreal forests, and a major part of them is dominated by coniferous stands of high fire hazard;
2. A significant part of the forested territory is practically unmanaged and unprotected – large fires (>200 ha) play an important role in this region;
3. Due to slow decomposition of plant material, the forests contain large amounts of accumulated organic matter;
4. A major part of the boreal forest is situated in regions with limited amounts of precipitation and/or frequent occurrences of long drought periods during the fire season.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by brutalsun
Glebb, Any idea on how it started? Was it a storm or was it a careless act (cigarette, un-managed campfire)? Hoping you guys get thru this, wildfires are a nasty business. How are you guys handling the heat? Are there alot of heat related deaths?
Stay safe.

Well, we expirienced enormous heat since June 20, and by the middle of July all forests and ground became absolutely dry. Fires started within 3-5-7 days in 10 regions separately. I'm sure 90% of them from cigarettes (tossed out of a car windows for instance) and recreational camps, whatever. Even glass bottles can focus sunlight and grass start burning.

There are MANY heat realted deaths among older people, but we don't know the statistics. About 5-10 times more than usual. Nobody knows. TV already said that "there are no official numbers to avoid panic".

At least 1/3 of Moscow offices have climate control systems, so working people can survive, others just left the city! We don't have traffic jams first time in 15 years, and this is good for ambulance vehicles.

Gleb

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
philosophers-stone.co.uk...

Unofficially, they speak about plague in Russia, but first of all, about sharply elevated radioactive background in the city, caused by destruction of atomic bombs in fires at nuclear weapons arsenals outside Moscow. According to unofficial information, warehouses of chemical and bacteriological weapons were also burnt down.

Confirm/Reject?!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

It's been very well covered by the BBC and other news agencies in the UK and elsewhere - and also on my blog weatherearthnews.blogspot.com... - many of the relevant links over the past few weeks being to UK news sources.

It's a pretty serious situation though. Although with ~500 wildfires in Russia it's worth bearing mind that there are ~400 wildfires in British Colombia, Canada, at the moment - though these are not so large, not having such an impact and far less 'impressive' when seen from space. Israel is also currently suffering wildfires due to the heatwave there.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

You are too much, are you really that hard up for your needs that you troll these boards forkey words and then stand up for Deepwater and co.?

You wont be getting hired by them you know, they are laying everyone off.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by djexploit
philosophers-stone.co.uk...

Unofficially, they speak about plague in Russia, but first of all, about sharply elevated radioactive background in the city, caused by destruction of atomic bombs in fires at nuclear weapons arsenals outside Moscow. According to unofficial information, warehouses of chemical and bacteriological weapons were also burnt down.

Confirm/Reject?!

I couldn't find anything on this subject in the Russian media.

Let me just comment as a physicist: every time you release a lot of soot in the air, you are bound to register a bump in radiation -- not a huge one, but certainly measurable. Coal-fired power stations pollute more than nuclear ones, for that reason.

I don't think they would cover a plutonium bomb going up in smoke -- this would just backfire later, because you can't conceal the isotope content of debris and it's not difficult to perform nuclear spectroscopy on soil, air and water samples.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by DClairvoyant

It's been very well covered by the BBC and other news agencies in the UK and elsewhere - and also on my blog weatherearthnews.blogspot.com... - many of the relevant links over the past few weeks being to UK news sources.

It's a pretty serious situation though. Although with ~500 wildfires in Russia it's worth bearing mind that there are ~400 wildfires in British Colombia, Canada, at the moment - though these are not so large, not having such an impact and far less 'impressive' when seen from space. Israel is also currently suffering wildfires due to the heatwave there.

I have given your comment a star and thankyou for your blog link, very interesting. I was referring mainly toward's MSM on television new's that there has been only a couple of update's on the Russian fire. I now check up on Russia daily through the use of a channel named 'Al jazeera Eng.' It's very useful as it cover's the weather and news on a global scale compared to some other news networks where I struggle to find the depth of information I'm seeking.

Oh yes I am fully aware it is of a serious nature and affecting million's of lives.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by justadood

You are too much, are you really that hard up for your needs that you troll these boards forkey words and then stand up for Deepwater and co.?

You wont be getting hired by them you know, they are laying everyone off.

Just to let everybody here know including yourself that the member who made that statement about placing this thread into the Deepwater Forum. I started this thread off in the wrong forum under Deepwater BP Oil Spill Horizon and apologise for anybody who has mis-understood this member.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I haven't seen a single story about this in U.S. press. WTF gives? Just because we live here means we don't care about the rest of the world? (sadly it's probably true)

Well hang in there. I live in the rocky mountain region and we have our fair share of forest fires so I kind of know what you are going through.

May god be with you all.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I am worried/wondering about the integrity of the Chernobyl sarcophagus. I have heard it has holes in it. Does anyone know about this or how far Chernobyl is from the fires? These disasters keep coming every day it seems there is another one. All I can do is pray for the entire planet. May God help us.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I do find it strange that 600 - 800 people in Russia are dying each day due to this yet it gets very little coverage, if any, on the main news - instead Pakistan's floods get the headlines.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
For everybody in Russia and who is thinking of visiting Russia PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ THIS!!!! FOR YOUR SAFETY AND AWARENESS IF IT'S NOT TOO LATE!!

EVACUATE NOW!: This is Not a Drill

The 1,000 sq km around the Mayak bomb factory is one of the most contaminated areas on Earth because the Mayak Uranium Project manufactured the most poisonous substances on Earth for the most lethal weapons on Earth.

Manufacturing thermonuclear weapons is a really nasty business. As far as Weapons of Mass Destruction goes, there are the real McCoy.

As of 8/15/2010 all personnel in Russia and the European Union are advised to evacuate immediately. I repeat. This is not a drill. If you can’t leave, get your kids out. It may be too late already.

Link:

www.veteranstoday.com...

www.veteranstoday.com...

Chernobyl fallout and H-Bomb manufacturing areas are going up in smoke.

Peace be with you All!

new topics

top topics

join