It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Paralegals Camera Catch Secret Toe Taps?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

"the ancient method of 'toe-tapping'

Plaintiffs Unveil Smoking Gun Photo in Support of 'Deposition Toe-Tapping' Accusation

legalblogwatch.typepad.com...[/ex ]

The South Florida Lawyers blog reports that accusations of "the ancient method of 'toe-tapping' to allegedly signal to a witness how to respond during a deposition" are being thrown around in a case pending in federal court down in Key West.

Yes. The signal has been around for decades in the United States and Europe.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

[edit on 8-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

It reminds me of Larry Craig when he got caught in the bathroom trying to solicit sex by sticking his foot underneath the stall.

He said that happened because, "I have a wide stance."
Maybe Craig should have use the ancient "toe-tapping defence?"

Classic gut busting laugh attack.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

Hello My2Commonsenseworth,

Yesterday morning I was in the process of creating this thread when I had unexpected company ringing my doorbell. I was kidnapped and didn’t return home until late last night. You are correct when you spoke about Larry Craig and his "wide stance" while in an airport bathroom stall.
While researching the OP article I came across an article of ol Larry Craig’s story. You know the saying “all roads lead to Rome”, well not too long into my research, after coming across the article of Larry Craig, I paused for a moment wondering if “all roads leads to sex”?

That article touched on something interesting though. It mentions how senators have special protection from the Law.

In Article I, Section 6 of the U.S. Constitution, the so-called "arrest" clause says that senators "shall in all cases, except treason, felony and breach of the peace, be privileged from arrest during their attendance at the session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same."

The article mentions had Larry Craig tried to invoke this privilege, he might have been met with unfavorable attention as other senators have been met with in the past. Some might consider that parts of this article was written in poor taste, detailing signals used in public bathroooms for sex. I mention this for anyone who might take offense in it, that they skip over the first two questions in bold lettering.
www.slate.com...

I'm interested in learning more about "signals" and the law. It's almost comical really.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts....and charm

[edit on 9-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Maybe Engerrand was just overly fond of witness Dennis?
Maybe he should have used the Larry Craig wide stance defense instead of a flat out denial, it probably would have seemed more credible.

And I think that you are right. I think that all roads do indeed lead to sex, untill the sex has been completed, which in many cases lasts about 5 minutes.

new topics

top topics

join