It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice or UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
NASA says they are ice that reflected the moon light and the sun. They called those objects as sparkling bed of diamonds.

vimeo.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

looks like ice or water too me, if they were alien craft they would be visible in the earth

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by weemadmental

looks like ice or water too me, if they were alien craft they would be visible in the earth

So ice are now sparkling in the dark? I didn't know that ice have that kind of property.

Did you look in the sky at that few minutes that they showed their craft?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
On the fece about this one. It could be ice thats catching sun/moon light. If it were UFOs why didnt any of them move around, they all looked like they were flowing the same direction as the shuttle was moving. You would think that if it were alien craft they would be flying in all types of directions, not just a slow moving group flying in one direction. No dynamic movements, my guess is this very well could be ice particles, and a trick of the eye.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
On the fece about this one. It could be ice thats catching sun/moon light. If it were UFOs why didnt any of them move around, they all looked like they were flowing the same direction as the shuttle was moving. You would think that if it were alien craft they would be flying in all types of directions, not just a slow moving group flying in one direction. No dynamic movements, my guess is this very well could be ice particles, and a trick of the eye.

Maybe you didn't look carefully. Some of them are actually moving around.

You have to ask yourself this questions. Why are those "ice" not visible in the first minute and then suddenly they are everywhere? Is there a certain degree to the sun or moon where they become visible? Do ice sparkle in the dark?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
A neighbor of mine was an independant contractor hired by NASA for camera operation and phototography back 18 years ago. I've discussed things like this before with him. The lights are water particles on the camera/window. As the shuttle moves to a different angle to the Sun, the particles form (water vapor behind the lens/window is heated and condenses on the outside of it). Notice that they move with the camera/window and not the Earth. At some points the camera operator is moving the camera, and also this video does not show the full size of the optic/window used. You can see this as the video pans up.

Tempest

Sorry, but this is a common occurance.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Here is your answer.
"The Sun starting to come up on the horizon". The ice crystals become illuminated as the shuttle moves into sunlight.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yeah, they have to be part of a massive UFO fleet because we know that UFO’s are bright, shiny and reflect light. And they have to be UFO’s because they randomly appear, follow the camera and then disappear, just like all UFO's do.

And, I almost forgot, we also know that UFO’s have lights that blink but only when the reflection is right.

“They showed their craft?” Sounds like you already made up your mind.

All appropriate logical posts were starred as usual.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Those are definitely water particles on the camera's enclosure glass,
If you look at their movement you will see that they are all moving in sync with the camera/space craft ;

I also see one huge lightening storm,
I think that was over my house a couple days ago lol;
I was getting a drink of water in my kitchen and there was this flashing rapidly nonstop,
I thought it was a police car,
So I went outside to look;
And there was nothing there,
There was no noise,
Then I look up into the sky and see this non-stop flashing;
I told my mom like "wtf is that light? Is that lightning?"
and she said "I know... Why isnt there any sound?"
After about 15 minutes I went back inside thinking there was going to be a thunder storm,
But nothing happened.....

It was the strangest thing I have ever seen,
The whole entire sky was lighting up at a rhythmic pace,
It looked like a thunder storm with no sound,
And the sky was partly cloudy,
and there was just a rapid flashing of light like you would see on a police car or a strobe light,

Im going to show my mom this video =)

[edit on 8-8-2010 by SupremeKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It's amazing how a lot of posters here know more about them than what NASA has said. The guys talking there said that those are REAL pictures and not just some camera trick like some water that built up on the camera. Did you guys even watch the whole video? There are NASA people there talking about those sparkling bed of diamonds. They confirmed that those are real pictures. So remove that camera trick alibi here.

They are either ice or UFO. Then no one is answering my question. Do ice sparkle in the dark?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I answered your question
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I answered your question
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You know you did not answer my question or perhaps you did not watch the video. You said that the sun illuminated the ice and hence the sparkle. How about those clips when there was no sun anymore? The ice just sparkled in the dark?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Two facts in the video are movement by spots and UV. Not all of them, but look careful as I spot few of them moved and most of them are moving but very slow. Click on bottom bar as fast forward, you will see movement from A to B. The UV is only way to detect them not naked eyes. The conclusion regarding to UV is detect the energy from object that we see. It can come down to simple answer, they were cloaked. They can hide, but they can't hide their energy. That where UV come in and detect them. Look at many space video with UV always detected object in space that moved. Cover up is at it's best on this one.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Aslpride]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The Sun is not setting. The Sun is rising. It is not getting darker. It is getting brighter. The automatic gain control on the low light camera darkens the image as the shuttle moves more and more into the sunlight and the Earth becomes brighter. It reduces the gain until the night side of the terminator (behind the shuttle) is too dim to be seen. It reduces it still more until even the ice cannot be seen.

That is why the image gets darker. You don't think the shuttle goes from "The Sun starting to come up on the horizon" to darkness in a few minutes do you?

[edit on 8/14/2010 by Phage]

new topics

top topics

join