It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Build-up - for what?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2002 @ 02:01 PM
link   
library.northernlight.com...

While we keep on buying cheap Chinese products, we continue to sponsor the build-up that will be the next dark superpower.

far from the path of the known

posted on Jul, 15 2002 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Thats exactly why lots of us Boycott american companys.

posted on Jul, 15 2002 @ 11:16 AM
link   
China is defnetly going to be the country to invest in...not only the economicals are going to be the place in china also spiritual and systemlike china is going to be bigger than europe and the US. It seems China will take over the world. We started with the Toa of Pooh,.....(winny) marshal arts and lil things to stuff your house with.. karate and such.. i dont think it is such a bad thing though..but then again,,.. all the chinese peeps i know talk about how smart they do in bussiness and how proyud they are at their mobs... ahh if China takes over we are lost in mobwars...

posted on Jul, 15 2002 @ 02:16 PM
link   
China will be the next big super power. Good book to read that has alot of evidence is www.disinfo.com called "Text.This provides more than enough info on one of the countries on or Most Favored Natins list.

posted on Jul, 15 2002 @ 02:18 PM
link   
China will be the next big super power. Good book to read that has alot of evidence is www.disinfo.com called "Text.This provides more than enough info on one of the countries on or Most Favored Natins list.

posted on Jul, 15 2002 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The threat grows still:
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2002 @ 10:18 AM
link   
From the various defense reports I've read, its clear to me that China is seeking to be able to challenge the U.S in Asia. As their economic power and influence grows they want to be able to exert pressure on the U.S presence in the region, and to be able to counter our military capabilities.

While some may see this as a direct threat, it could simply be the Chinese trying to play a larger role in Asian affairs.
I don't think the present government would risk loosing everything they've gained in the last ten years by waging war in East Asia. To take the chance of going to war with the U.S, Chinese officials would have to be convinced that they could win. This is where the threat of build up comes in, if they reach a certain level of military capability, they might think that it was possible to attack say Taiwan, and be able to fend of a U.S response.

In the end it all depends on who controls China. Right now certain hardline elements of the PLA, and communist party would like to push for a sort of Chinese facist state which would be more likely to support miltary action. They see China as the rightful dominating force in Asia, and are very nationalistic. But on the other hand you have the moderates who are pushing for integration and cooperation with the west and a more open government. The only thing we can do is keep our eyes open and wait to see what direction China takes in the comming years.

posted on Aug, 4 2002 @ 08:17 AM
link   
are there any chinese people on the site here? i would like to know.. as i see it and hear from friends from china,.. China is changing the comunistic harshness is getting better.. only the chinese people that live in the western world are the ones with the same thoughts as the old days.. china is going trough a mantality change wich is good... i think..

as i know it we western arrogant pricks could learn a great deal from the hospitality of the chinese people..

posted on Aug, 4 2002 @ 12:35 PM
link   
its so true

jra

posted on Aug, 4 2002 @ 02:34 PM
link   
china doesn't really seem like a communist country these days. there are lots of capitalists there, big businesses. doesn't that go against the ideals of communism? china is changing. and for the good i think. i hardly think it's anything to worry about. what i'd worry about is how the US gov't will react to china getting bigger. will they play nice? or will the US want to stay number 1 and not share the world super powers with anyone and make china look like a threat to all of us.

just something to think about i suppose.

posted on Aug, 5 2002 @ 11:58 AM
link   
To america everything is a treath.. so yeah probably they will make china look bad and evil....but then again.. who believes the states these days???

posted on Aug, 14 2002 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yes you all are right..china will be the next super power..and i really do not know yet if that is a good thing or bad thing..becasue i see our country has been abusing its power for a long freakin time now..and i wouldnt mind someone else in power now. Ikll tell ya one thing tho..we..americans can not stop from buying american products..most of the crap over here is foreign made..ITS AYS MADE IN USA..but guess what it really isnt becasue i know some people in other countries that export their products to america..like t shirts and pants..pajamas..rugs..bathroom stuff..furniture..and much much much more..and america says put our logo on there..they cant say no..why?? becasue they are making huge amount of money..textile industries are not just millionares but billionaries in countries like united arab nations..pakistan..china..india..etc.. sure the countries are poor..but also the RICH ARE VERY RICH!! So yes..china will be the next superpower no doubt..theyve just been sitting there quite for a long time now..after sep 11 when everyone gave their apologies to the US...and pleding to them to be in the war..china sat back and said nothing except..sorry for lose. THATS IT!!..They did nothing for the war..and freakin BUSH sits there telling them..china should be included in the axis of evil..angering china even more..it was exactly 2 times that HE(BUSH) offened china..and im sorry i hate the bastard myself!! Anyways...i have to go..nice post. Osirius~~

posted on Aug, 14 2002 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I believe China will become a superpower, and all the more power to them. I don't think they will try and fight the US. If anything, become one of our greatest allies.

posted on Aug, 14 2002 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yup. All of our greatest allies train as if we are the enemy, indoctrinating their people and troops in a most un-America way. Even France doesn't train their military with us being the perceived enemy.

posted on Aug, 15 2002 @ 07:47 AM
link   
As far as the US in a land battle in China, we would lose...badly. The only way we would conceivably be able to defeat China is nuke `em till we run out of the bombs.

posted on Aug, 15 2002 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Oh, yea of little faith.

posted on Aug, 16 2002 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
As far as the US in a land battle in China, we would lose...badly. The only way we would conceivably be able to defeat China is nuke `em till we run out of the bombs.

so real... think about it thomas.. when the bullets are gone how are you going to fight millions of kung fu warrioirs? the kids get karate and tai chi at school.. every village has its own temple and Dojo.. Even granma can wipe the avarage american soldier of his feet with no sweat..

the only way to defeat the chinese is to bomb. and then you may need so much of it they will run out or give a nuclear winter and thats not going to help the americans either...

the problem for america in this matter is that chinese people dont really like the americans and to make allies with them wouyld be a verry hard task... but if Bush can show his humbleness and respect there could be a change. so.... nah wont happen...

posted on Aug, 16 2002 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Pick up a granma at random and bring her here. Or a child. You are stereotyping. We have dojos and dojangs in every town around here as well, some with a few.

To be allies with China, it would have nothing to do with Bush being humble; that doesn't even make sense. Respect? What does a new show of respect have to do with it? Neither have a thing to do with being an ally with China.

China has never been one to be allies with anyone. They do not make friends, and even their short term goals and plans are longer than the average American administration can imagine, let alone their long-term goals.

Economically, China wants to have the driving hegemony in Asia, not to mention be the military and political leader. We are her adversary in all these arenas.

Back when Clinton was giving the technology for better WMDs and more accurate delivery systems, China was already drafting up plans for neutralizing American forces in Korea, Japan, and any Naval projection in the area when they attack Taiwan. They have no intention of allowing us to even think of interfering, and if we still attempt to do so after they wipe out our regional forces there, they will strike with nuclear weaponry the U.S.
They want to have everything in place for this mission by 2004.

No, Spot, they have no desire to be our ally, and even if they did give that indication, it would mean nothing as they are the patient masters of deceit and long-term strategy.

posted on Aug, 17 2002 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Yup masters....but it is true though..i am not stereo typing here.. a groundwar in china is a lost battle. i am nmot joking around when i say that virtually most of the people have learned the basics how to protect and focus and centre the agression of the opponend. like we learn to swim at school.

china is a mystery to most people. never do we hear in the news whats going on there... and now oits going to be more in the open. i think china is going to create a nice economic system and then who knows.. smart boys the chinese!

posted on Aug, 20 2002 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Besides, China's military aged population is larger than the USA's population.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join