It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This confirms the existence of the jumproom to mars.

CO2 from our planet is obviously leaking out and onto mars through the jumproom door.

I hope you're all holding your breath at least 10 times a day for 1 minute!!

Save the planet, hold in your farts.

peace

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Originally posted by Crimelab
People that deny the effects humans have on the environment make me laugh. It is basically the Creation vs. Evolution argument rehashed.

On one side we have Science with all it's pesky facts and figures, and the other side of the argument is based fully on faith. Faith that you are right and 95%+ of climate scientists are wrong. (The other 5% are just paid shills for the Oil industry, so I am not sure why conspiracy theorists would ever believe what they say, but it takes all kinds to make this world spin...)

For people that rail about Corporatism and evil cabals running the entire world, I find it high-larious that some then believe whatever an Oil company has to tell them about climate change.

Oh no please don't don't ask the deniers to listen to facts collected , correlated, cross referenced by thousands of scientists who are all part of a global conspiracy! I have to admit it is rather amusing to see big oil as part of a conspiracy on one hand and yet the saviour on the global warming "conspiracy"! Oh the irony.....

One of these days people will decide to read things for themselves WITH AN OPEN MIND........and then they will become enlightened (hang on a pigs just flown past my window!). It's why the powers that be hundreds of years ago were against the printed word and the english bible etc etc. God forbid people read and make informed decisions. Shock horror.

You need to check the credentials of those "thousands of scientists" and YOU need to have an open mind.

Remember when Environmentalists were all about - saving the ENVIRONMENT? Now they're all Man Made Global Warming Lemmings.

The biggest argument that you make is that "so called global warming deniers have a closed mind" but yet YOU have a closed mind to the possibility that you may be wrong.

The very first "Global Warming" environment minister was created by Margaret Thatcher in the early 1980's, against the wishes of members of her cabinet, based on what at the time was regarded as very suspicious science. The only reason she wanted to do thsis was to sway public opinion towards coal as being a major polluter and cause of major global environmental issues, as her government was in a big battle with coal miners at the time.

As far as "listening to the facts collected", I will explain ONE MORE TIME the reason that we should take these facts with a grain of salt.

The earth is 4.5 BILLION years old. They are looking at "recorded data" of only 150 years. This means they are looking at 0.0000003% of the available data (there is a lot more data available in ice core cycles which shows warming/cooling is an ongoing cycle, ongoing since before humans were even on this good Earth).

The population of earth is about 6.7 billion. If I take 0.00000003% of the poulation, that makes about 210. I can assume that more than 200 Ferraris are sold every month. Therefore, if I ignore all the other available 99.9999997% of the data, I can assume that every single person on the planet drives a Ferrari.

See why we question the data now, or are you still closed minded to the Convenient Truth?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
oure solarsystem is entering an galactic dust-cloud..could that be the source of rising temps...?
there will be at least some friction come of it...
hint:
all planets and moons heating up has an kind of atmosfere

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This just shows that there are many causes for climate change.. it doesn't mean that greenhouse gasses don't effect the climate.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

What..

why you getting stars for that gross post

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I love Strings like this and the posts that follow. So a scientist writing in National Geographic says the Sun is at fault for increasingly warm temperatures on earth and mars. Seems to makes sense, that the Sun would be at fault since the likelihood of both earth and mars warming at the same time if not the Sun is unlikely. Okay, so far so good, right?

Why is it then, how is it that most posters here fixate on the concept that Al Gore and the PTB have contrived Global Warming simply to cheat and enslave us? Such arguments miss the elephant in the room: This scientist, whatever his motives and background, whatever the cause, CONFIRMS GLOBAL WARMING is occurring on both earth and mars!

In fact, he states his cases so elequently that the very idea that the earth (or mars) is NOT warming is not even on the table. This my fellow ATSers is a perfect example of an honest open-minded scientific argument.

Is it getting hotter? NO question! What's the cause? Man made chemicals in the atmosphere? Deforestation? Sun cycles? Cosmic radiation from the Center of the Milky Way (LaViolette)? Something Else? No matter to the essential fact at hand that Global Warming does exist.

Wake up doubters, even serious skeptical scientist who reject a man-made cause don't argue the fact that it isn't so. Or why not simply go sit on your porch during the day and feel the heat for yourselves.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Listen,

If there wasn't CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere, Earth would freeze. This is because CO2 helps trap heat. This is a scientific fact. If you raise CO2 levels, you raise the atmospheres ability to trap heat. It's obvious, and can't be denied, and it IS happening.

Just because the Sun's output rises and falls, doesn't mean this will disprove the above fact about CO2's role in the atmosphere. It is just another factor that effects the temperature.

It is completely possible to have a rising Sun output level AND rising CO2 levels. So now we have TWO problems, not just one.

Just give up trying to debunk CO2's ability to trap heat. Rising CO2 levels means rising temperatures, period. Even if it's not happening now, even if it is only the Sun right now, we STILL have to worry about rising CO2 levels because it WILL raise temperatures in the future. It IS happening now.... but there is so many factors controlling temperature (CO2 levles, Sun output levels, etc.) that you can't just use CO2 and temperature data to prove or disprove CO2's role in effecting temperature.

This is important... The theory of man-made global warming via CO2 was NOT created by watching temperature levels rise. Nobody saw the rise of temperature and then blamed it on human's CO2 creation. It was the other way around... People saw the rise of CO2 levels, and made the theory that it would raise temperature, because there is a science behind it that can't be disproven. So this topic is really misleading.

Rising CO2 levels AND rising Sun output levels will change the Earth in many ways, and it will be a huge problem in the future. We only have slight control over one of those two problems, and that is human created CO2 levels (no from breathing but from our machines). We might as well try, it could buy us time.

I have faith though... hopefully the Sun's output lowers just enough for CO2 to not be a problem for another 200 years.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Unst0ppable0ne]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It's pretty ignorant (and stupid) to not believe we are responsible for this planet's unnatural evolutionary process. However, even if we do make the right step into green energy, it'd take years to rebuild Earth and to heal it...I believe it's far too late for any healing. It's almost the same as smoking for about....30 years and stopping. The damage is done. Not much to do to bandage the wounds up...

As for Global Warming being an actual Solar issue...It's possible.

Earth does go through cycles and like a species such as ours, it evolves...but like I stated before, we're helping the unnatural evolution of it...aka global warming.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I don't agree with that at all...

If we reduced our CO2 output, Earth can actually clean a lot of the excess CO2, and return to normal levels.

If we create more CO2 than Earth can handle, it will just build up in the atmosphere and cause problems.

The smoking for 30 years analogy is not accurate. It's more accurate to say that our CO2 problem is like being an alcoholic with a strong liver. Although their blood alcohol level has been high for many years, if you reduce the alcohol levels the liver will filter the blood back to normal levels.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Unst0ppable0ne]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ekiusa

If taxing people is the key to reducing global warming, God we must already live on a frozen planet..!!

Carbon trading is a product of the IMF..!! What the hell do they know about the environment... They know debt, forced kaos and disorder...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by digby888
here is a thing i have been wondering about when did the people of this earth go to the other planets and set up big smoke bellowing factorys to start the global warming on them like mars...

Great, so since there can't possibly be any GW, then let's continue
with the "big smoke bellowing factorys".

Do you people even READ what you write?
Isn't this as good a time as any to get away from the
"big smoke bellowing factorys" ???????

Are all you anti-GW people simply unpaid mouthpieces for big oil,
big coal, big polluters? the big oil/coal execs must laugh every time one
of you "experts" condemn GW.

t's all free advertising for those parasitic leaches.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yes, Climate change could be influenced by mankinds activities as well as from other influences. Why must so many feel forced to choose between the two like science versus religion?

Because the Elite enjoy polarization.

What is it about climate change that people do not understand?
Why do people who live in cold places expect for it to turn into miami overnight or furthermore why can they not accept that the world as a whole could be heating up yet there little area get even colder?

Is this really that hard for people to believe?
Am I wrong thinking that this site would be primarily visited by intelligent lifeforms?

Woe is me...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
No money to be made in global warming on other planets.

At least not yet.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I never thought that we humans were creating global warming, i its just a ploy for companies to get rich quick, and that the modern day hippies can use for an excuse to protest.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
No money to be made in global warming on other planets.

At least not yet.

Why are people also unable to see beyond the VEIL OF GREED?

Is it because they have chosen it to live by? Greed?
Thus they can see no other reason?

Imagine if you will, something that is true, something real.

A great reality that we can all agree upon, then imagine some nefarious group using it, bending it, subverting it to their agenda.

Is it that hard really?

Do not apply this to GW just yet... simply ponder the thought, swirl it around in your head....

Just imagine how this PURE THING, over time, could be transformed.

At first most people might agree, then fewer and fewer until in the end only those who hold the subverted agenda will agree or those who without numerous disclaimers and explanations just so their stance will not be immediately ridiculed, remain.....

I spent several years skeptically looking at the issue referred to as PEAK OIL.

I believe it is reality yet since there is so much corruption it is VERY easy for those endowed with average or even above intelligence to see only the Veil of Greed which surrounds the issue.

Along the way, global warming/climate change, government/conspiracy and all the rest just naturally falls into place for any hard core seeker.

I have watched the GW movement become what it is today.

I have watched as SAVE THE WHALES became POLLUTION became CLIMATE CHANGE became GLOBAL WARMING became Co2 became an Emissions trading and tax scheme...

I have also watched while the majority snicker at the TIN FOIL HAT WING NUT minority who claim that poison is in our water intentionally.... the same majority when presented with LINKS to scientific peer reviewed un coporate funded research conclusively stating the obvious (flouride is a poison and was introduced to your water supply as a anti cavity agent via Semantics/dialectic :see(you are not smart enough to prove us wrong) wither away or join the WE ARE BEING POISONED movement!

I was once in that majority...

"rather in the right with two or three..." finish that quote and you get a cookie!

All one can do is laugh... and perhaps worry because we have been reduced to only being able to laugh at things that are otherwise very sad yes quite sad indeed.... ahahaahah hahahahah hahahahahahahahah!!!!

I get the feeling that you may not have deserved this post yet I am sure there are others lurking who may plus screw it, we are all entitled to a free psycho analysis from time to time no?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The conspiracy elite here have spoken "DURRR SEE IT THE SUN THATS HOT, I AM HAPPY NOW THAT SCIENTISTS SAYS THAT THE SUN IS MAKING IT HOTTER"

Its sad that the conpiracy elite here on this site, who don't believe in anything they cant blame against the government. Honestly at this point I can't see the rationality of saying that they government is trying to tax us more for global warming even though its the sun. Should they tax the sun??????

Perhaps it is beyond the conpiracy watching elite here to absorb information and perhaps deduce that an issue as large as temperature change in the evironment could have variable sources.

My second and scarier point is this: Science has said global wrming is happening on mars,ok. So if then that means that the man made cause has been completly debunked, then everyone continues on, and there is no stopping of the toxic waste being put into OUR atmosphere, then what is the logical outcome? anyone?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Lurker Here.........

Wow a little arrogant are we? First,your claims of "ALL KNOWING" is suspect at best. Unless you were around for the last 300000 years or so,your data, are based on scientists who know just about as much as me,which is nothing. I have no clue if man is the cause of warming,but a smart man would bet on the Sun,being more powerful then any human on this planet. Like Mr. Wonka said,"YOU WIN NOTHING!"

Lurking,back on...........

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker
I never thought that we humans were creating global warming, i its just a ploy for companies to get rich quick, and that the modern day hippies can use for an excuse to protest.

Like a pea rolling down a 6 lane highway, narrow is your point of view...

Sadly that masonic symbol is suppose to indicate higher intelligence.
Not that of the highest order yet still one of understanding.

Look pilgrim.

One day the government and ALL ITS ASSOCIATES denied GLOBAL WARMING and all the other names it has acquired..... to the hilt fighting tooth and claw against any governmemt action and the next day THEY HAD EMBRACED IT.

That, that exactly is how it was. Surely, years had passed yet to one who had observed and participated in the battle continously from point to point the turn of the tide, the feeling of having your energy drained from you, your force and will pulled into a direction that you had unintended etc etc.... ju jitsu comes to mind, specifically being tossed across a room fueled by your own inertia

Some felt as if they had won something, the battle for middle earth perhaps

The few knew that the movement had been subverted.

Now what you see is a shell. What use to live inside is dead yet the shell is attached by strings and made to move about as simulacra.

Yeah go be green! By a new "hybrid" car! a new "efficient" computer! God would want you to!
Never mind the conflict minerals, the pollution that changes weather patterns that starves millions and sparks conflicts etc etc et al.

They do not care what you/I/we have... All our bases are theirs.....

We will never get them back until people start to realize the extent of what we have lost, what we have been tricked into believing and most importantly how Occam/Ockhams razor is no razor but a double edged sword with no handle!!!

Careful with that, Pilgrim.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
reply to post by vermonster

What..

why you getting stars for that gross post

Popularity contest is it? Then a star for you!

You do understand where this will lead though yes?

The posters who posts the most middle of the road average crap will be the most popular which will mislead all of the other sheeple into believing that they are somehow superior further degrading the level of discourse and further feeding into the star acquiring popularity contest madness

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
reply to post by Le Colonel

'the whole globe' ? here in Norway we have record cold summer, I still havent used shorts this summer and I havent seen the Temp. being above 30 in the shade once this summer either, so it is not warming up here.

So this is the thing. You will have "record" cold summer. We have here record hot summer. GLobal warming doesn't mean everywhere will be more hot. The temperatures will go to extremes. Cold places will be more cold and hot places will be more hot. After that Ica Age will come.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join