It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Quotes: Abraham Lincoln

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Oh ye brainwashed masses, bask in the glory of my heretical postings.

I bring you great tidings of hypocrisy and vile bigotry to vomit up upon the sheep of this once great nation:

Lincoln on blacks:

"You and we are different races," Lincoln observed. "We have between us a broader difference than exists between almost any other two races . . . . This physical difference is a great disadvantage to us both" and "affords a reason at least why we should be separated . . . . It is better for us both, therefore, to be separated."

Lincoln on deporting blacks back to Africa:

He first proposed deporting blacks to Liberia in an 1854 speech in Peoria, Illinois. In his July 6, 1852 eulogy to Henry Clay, delivered in Springfield, Illinois, Lincoln approvingly quoted Clay’s statement that "there is a moral fitness in the idea of returning to Africa her children," which would supposedly be "a single blessing to that most unfortunate" region. This statement by Clay was made twenty-five years ago, said Lincoln, but "every succeeding year has added strength to the hope of its realization. May it indeed be realized!" He continued to voice such sentiments well into his presidency.

Lincoln on the Dred Scott ruling:

While commenting on the Dred Scott decision five years later, on June 26, 1857, Lincoln offered one reason why he so favored "colonization": In his opinion, there was "a natural disgust in the minds of nearly all white people, to the idea of an indiscriminate amalgamation of the white and black races . . ."

Lincoln on deporting blacks to Panama (where malaria would have killed them deader than a hammer in ten minutes flat):

Lincoln also toyed with the idea of turning all American blacks into Panamanian coal miners. Funds were allocated to purchase land for colonization in Panama, where there were sizeable coal deposits. In the same White House meeting with the free black men, Lincoln stated that, if Liberia was not to their liking, "Room in South America for colonization, can be obtained cheaply, and in abundance . . ."

If you want more, and I know you do, watch this:

and this:
www.youtube.com...

and this too:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Are you implying that the man who never told a lie, told a lie? Are you suggesting Lincon, a man who lived during the age of slavery, was some sort of racist? Thats racial racist talk that could only come from a card carrying racist! Admit it,youre the raciest racist of the whole race! You dont agree with the status quo? RACIST! Racially race bases racism! Oppose the racially different Obama? RACIST! Stop being so racey, you race based ratial radical racist!

ect ect...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I think, in this case especially, actions speak louder than words.

Remember that he was a politician, after all.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

Sir, I actually hate everyone that isn't a white upper class male.

Like Lincoln, I feel blacks should be deported back to Africa because this would be "a single blessing to that most unfortunate" region.

Now I would leave that unqualified, but of course, the people of the internets are too dumb to understand that I'm being sarcastic. Therefore I have to ruin a perfectly good sarcastic post by stating I'm being sarcastic.

This makes me angry.

Angrier than the fact that Lincoln was a bigoted pile of crap that managed to kill more Americans than any other president in US history.

I should not have to qualify my sarcasm.

Such is the state of free speech today.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It's strange how the people who cry about slavery reparations never pay tribute to those who actually freed the slaves - the Union army. Lincoln never freed anyone, the soldiers did, nearly 300,000 of them gave their lives to make it happen.
Of course racist separatism wasn't an exclusively southern idea. The abolition movement was a very small but vocal minority in the North.
The rise of the industrial age would've made slavery obsolete in the south before the end of the 19th century had the Civil War not occurred.
Indeed, it was a much closer contest than most think. Union victory was in no way a sure thing. The elections of 1864 went to the Republicans mainly due to the fall of Atlanta thanks to Sherman (and Hood). Union casualties were so horrendous during the spring/summer of 1864 that Northern will to prosecute the war was nearly spent, it seemed there was no end in sight.
Had Jeff'n Davis not replaced Joe Johnston as the head of the Army of Tennessee I don't think Sherman would;ve taken Atlanta before the November elections.
Lincoln only created the Emancipation proclamation out of military concerns, not humanitarian reasons. He was no martyr for abolition as history would have us believe. Lincoln reasoned that every slave not working for the south tied down one more man to not be fighting in the army, doing whatever chores slaves were being used for.
The Civil War brought us (the US), the first income tax, the first military draft, the suspension of habeus corpus, illegal spying (opening mail and telegrams), the jailing of war opponents, the shutting down of antiwar newspapers, the creation of fiat money, military tribunals and many more acts of overt government oppression and control.
Lincoln set many legal precedents contrary to freedom and liberty that have found new life in today's "war on terror".
In the end you could say that the slaves were brought out of bondage at the cost of all Americans' freedom.
Somehow I doubt history texts in school will ever tell us that.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
In summary though one only needs to look at what preceded the civil war and what inevitably lead up to it. As well as what was really behind it.

Remember that war called the War of 1812 ? Where the British attacked the US for not renewing the charter of the Rothschild owned Bank of the United States ?

In fact, Nathan Mayer Rothschild is not amused and he states,

"Either the application for renewal of the charter is granted, or the United States will find itself involved in a most disastrous war."

And President Jackson's adamant campaign against the takeover of the US monetary system by the British Banking Cartel ?

Andrew Jackson went down fighting and eventually died in 1845.

Fast forward to 1861 and the Civil War.

861: President Abraham Lincoln (16th President of the United States from 1860 till his assassination in 1865) approaches the big banks in New York to try to obtain loans to support the ongoing American civil war. As these large banks were heavily under the influence of the Rothschilds, they offer him a deal they know he cannot accept, 24% to 36% interest on all monies loaned.

This is what lead to Lincoln printing the Fiat Currency. It was either that or lose the war due to insolvency to the Rothschild backed Confederacy.

Lincoln even is quoted as saying it himself.

1865: In a statement to Congress, President Abraham Lincoln states, "I have two great enemies, the Southern Army in front of me, and the financial institutions in the rear. Of the two, the one in my rear is my greatest foe."

Later that year, on April 14, President Lincoln is assassinated, less than two months before the end of the American Civil War.

Excerpt from : The History of the House of Rothschild

www.rense.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Cannibals of Liberia

www.truthdig.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I can see how it might be possible for someone to look around the earth and say," there is no God".

I fail to conceive how anyone, can look up into the heavens, and make
the same claim.

Abraham Lincoln

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
A liberal is a conservative who has been arrested.
Tom Wolfe

new topics

top topics

join