It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pledging to a flag should be illegal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
A pledge to a flag should be illegal.

One should only pledge allegiance to & with the US constitution, and the pact between & with these American people that it represents,

because America is ONLY these people of America.

America is NOT the US government, which ONLY derives any CLAIM of legitimacy via the constitution.
America is NOT the treasonous pentagon nor treasonous military, which must, by law, answer to civilian rule, which in turn must answer to the US constitution & most importantly to these American people, by law.

America is NOT even the constitution,

But America is the union of & collaboration between a people that is represented by the set of rules laid out & agreed upon, by its people, in the US constitution.

Anyone who pledges allegiance with the flag,
is aligned with a rag,
& therefore in all logic a raghead,

& very often conspiring with a treasonous military & government terrorists,

& very often a puppet, played in unconstitutional ways, by subversive elements.

Pledge allegiance to the US constitution & this Union of American people,

and accept no tawdry, shabby & deceptive substitutes.

It is 'We the people' & nothing else.

We rise or fall as a people. We live or die as a people.

& if we are not about 'these people' we have already fallen from grace & worthiness & have no legitimacy & all 'claims' become baseless & empty.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Why should a pledge to anything be illegal? Of course it should not be mandatory, but to say it should be illegal is just nonsense. That's like saying walking or breathing should be illegal. We live in a nation where we are free to say and believe whatever we want, but it's thoughts like these that are destroying those values. The last thing we need is more rules on how we should act pertaining to our personal beliefs. This is nothing more than the same liberal jargon that the MSM keeps spewing out, reassuring me that the word liberal in itself is an oxymoron, because it's goes against the very meaning of liberty.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by havenvideo]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I think the pledging daily in elementary schools should stop.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by slank

then I think you deserve a permanent
vacation outside the US

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by slank

Please tell me how the enforcement of such a law as that would be constitutional under the First Amendment? I distinctly remember having the freedom of speech in such matters.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
A pledge to a flag should be illegal.

Wouldn't that be unconstitutional?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by slank

Here's a link to a document you might find interesting to read...

U.S. Constitution

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by slank

I was about to give you a star and a flag, but then you mentioned the US Constitution.

While the US Constitution is probably the second finest legal document ever written, besides the declaration of independence, it's premise is fatally flawed.

It supposes that some men have the authority to run my life.

They do not.

It supposes a contract between my posterity (my family before me) and the government that it applies to myself.

I have not given my consent to this document. I have not signed any contract that says I agree to this document ruling my life. Since I have not given my consent to this criminal government, the Constitution itself and the government it supposes to establish are not valid in so-much as I have not agreed to be a party to it.

Since common law dictates any contract entered into must have the agreement of both parties, the contract between me and the government that the US Constitution supposes to establish is not valid under the common law definition of a legal contract.

Something to consider.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
If you don't want to pledge allegiance to the American flag, that's okay. It's your right, as an American, to act stupid and speak as stupidly as you can. I'll even defend your rights to speak and act stupid.

You probably should look at a little history to find the reason for pledging allegiances to flags. Far more involved than American history and the founding documents. Your total thought process is from ignorance. Learn why a people pledge allegiance, then you can speak intelligently.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Learning a little more will mean he can speak with MORE knowledge... not that he will become intelligent.

Anyone with a littl eknowledge and intelligence to work this out knows this.

Oh, sorry. Was I being facetious?

(end sarcasm...)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Breaking down the United States Pledge Of Allegiance:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States Of America,"

This beginning of the pledge is an oath to a symbol of the US, much the same way that pledging to the Constitution would be, what this symbol stands for is clarified in the next line:

"And to the Republic, for which it stands,"

The wording is a little awkward for poetic license, but it is made quite clear here that the flag is a symbol for the Republic that serves as the government of the United States. It is therefore implied, as being a republic, that the US government is of and by the people.

"One nation under God,"

The reference to God was added in in 1954 to differentiate the Untied States from the Soviet Union in the context of the Cold War.

"Indivisible,"

A reference to the United States Civil War, and rejecting the idea of secession.

"With liberty & justice for all."

A reference to natural and constitutional rights granted to all citizens of the nation.

I see no issue in swearing allegiance to the flag or even to the government of the United States by the general citizen, because you live in a republic. The nature of the republic, as being a representative government protecting minority rights and being comprised of all able citizens through voting and the voluntary nature of service. There should then not be this "us versus them" or "citizens versus government" split ideally in the United States because all citizens have a part to play in government.

You are the government because it is a republic. Therefore swearing allegiance to it is in fact swearing it to yourself and your fellow citizen.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I personally believe that the Pledge of Allegance SHOULD be recited at the begining of every school day, because I believe that it helps teach 2 very important things, PATRIOTISM & NATIONALISM!

Considering how the government is running things lately, these things need to be taught, and reinforced in the hearts of our school children, our future, if our country has even half a chance of surviving.

We need to instill in our children a sence of pride, in thierselves, in their neighborhoods, in their community, and their country.

Any person who doesn't believe that the Pledge of Allegance is a good thing, should read and say the Pledge and listen to themselves.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

The Pledge of Allegiance of the United States is an oath of loyalty to the national flag and the republic of the United States of America, plain and simple, and any patriotic American should be proud to say it any chance they get.

I know I am.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
IMO you are wrong that is our flag.

Theirs is the Skull and Bones Flag. Pirate Flag!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost of Chewie
I personally believe that the Pledge of Allegance SHOULD be recited at the begining of every school day, because I believe that it helps teach 2 very important things, PATRIOTISM & NATIONALISM!

While I agree with patriotism, nationalism is a dangerous thing to teach to children without any explanation of its dangers. Nationalism has long been a tool used to manipulate the masses. Almost every tyrant in history has used nationalism to push through their goals and to get the population to turn a blind eye to their crimes against humanity.

Personally, I was always put off with the requirement of having to say the pledge of allegiance to the flag in school growing up. It seemed to go against the belief that we should worship idols.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Outlaw flags. Have lime green automotiles as the symbol of our country. Then you can pledge allegiance to line green automobiles....except Toyotas.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

Your a nut case go move somewere, with a red flag and a hammer and sickle.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Get rid of flags. Bring back distinctive hood ornaments. Have a parade.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

I'm giving you a star and a flag, Slank

It appears the world isn't ready for you, yet

The childhood indoctrination tore pathways through their neurons and they're owned for life by that bit of rag

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
The childhood indoctrination tore pathways through their neurons and they're owned for life by that bit of rag

My Grandparents, and a lot of my relation, as well as many others, fought for that "bit of rag", and the country it represents, and died for it. And the fact that you can call it a rag, in my mind, is a desecration in a maner that I cannot even fathom. IMHO, If you dont like pledging to the flag and country, then you have 2 options.

1. KEEP SILENT! when the pledge is recited. (you have that right thanks to the people who thought that "bit of rag" was worth fighting for.

2. GET THE HELL OUT! go somewhere else where they don't pledge to our flag either.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think that the OP's general direction is good but shouldn't have used the word illegal, take out the word illegal and he is completely correct.

But you guys are just focusing on the word illegal more than the message he is trying to convey, being condescending doesn't make you sound smart i'm sorry.

For those talking about what Pledging the to flag means.... WAKE UP!
What it meant and how it is being used now are two entirely different things.

Just look at the word 'anti-american' and how it's used by politicians and you will understand the need for this thread.

OP I salute you, pay no attention to blind patriots, they will keep their head up with with their army crew cuts until they live in a tent city in a bankrupt country and still they will be stubborn.

Blind patriots are seriously the dumbest people on the face of this planet!!!
Blind patriotism will bring about the fall of western civilization.

The OP is completely correct aside from using the word illegal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join