It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars: Are we alone? See for yourself!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I am new here and don't know how to post links or put arrows on pics, so bare with me. I searched the Web for many hours to see if anyone had this pic before I posted it. I feel I am the first "civilian" to notice this area on Mars. Therefore I hope I get some credit for the find. There might be some changes in the NASA airbrushing department after they see this.

Thanks to J.P. Skinner's post on "airbrushed Moon Lunar Images" I started looking for airbrushed areas around the Bonneville Crater. I found what appears to be milled lumber inside of a (halfhearted attempt to cover it up) airbrushed area, about a 80 feet from the Spirit Rover.

In My Opinion it is old flooring, 2 x 12 milled boards are running parallel to each other, with an end beam forming a large square. The closest object seems to be a doorway with a header attached to it, that fell over. Or it might be an entire wall that fell over long ago.

Very similar to our construction=similar thinking=from the doorway=similar size=similar DNA?

There are Raw panoramic images in black and white to confirm my findings, but the site for that is complex and I couldn't find "this" location. I have no doubt that some of you who are reading this could find the Raw image for further analysis.

Here is how you can see it: if you have never used the "Rover Panoramic view"

Open- Google Earth
Click- on the planet icon
Select- Mars
Select- Rovers and Landers
Scroll down- to select- MER Spirit Rover
Zoom in- on the planet to select the "Bonneville Crater Camera"
(On the pop up) Select- Fly into this high resolution photo

Once you are looking across the Crater:

(Do not tilt the camera up or down until you find the boards)
Use the "hand" to pan right (about 90 degrees)
Where the flat area begins to drop into the Crater
Stop- when you see two very similar, football size, black rocks (about 10 feet away from the Rover)
You will see the airbrushed area directly above these two rocks (the size of a dime)
Zoom in- once or twice and you will see the "doorway"

I put a tack in that spot and it read:

Latitude: 14 degrees "33'55.24"S

Longitude: 175 degrees "28'46.56"E

I hope you enjoy it, Mitch

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Tribble]

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Tribble]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I don't see it anywhere.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythic Chris

Are you saying my (Link to external Image) is not working?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tribble

No, I am saying that I can't see the "airbrush"

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I just see a very blurred picture!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Can you circle the area?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

No, I am saying that I can't see the "airbrush"

OK give me at least 15 min and I will post a pic of the un-zoomed area, the airbrushed area will be in the center of my new pic- above the two similar black rocks

Sorry, I am new at all this

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Here is how you can see it: if you have never used the "Rover Panoramic view"

Open- Google Earth......

Ooops! Your very premise of using 'Google Earth' to find 'artificial structures' or whatever on Mars is flawed! It's been brought out a number of times to NOT use this method as GE is rife with 'imperfections' due to various reasons. So what you'd be seeing are imaging anomalies due to processing and 3D overlay conversions that makes a stone look like a Martian skull!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Explanation: Try more like 90ft away from the rover!!!

Here is why...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97780d71d84c.jpg[/atsimg]

And here is a slightly better resolution screen capture of the area noted in the OP...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/633e81fb2db5.jpg[/atsimg]

Personal Disclosure: It's a Mars bar... erh... Rock!
Or please be more specific as to the location of claimed doorway's exact size and orientation and please use my screen captured version OK!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I took a picture of the screen with my camera, I know its blurry.

If you go to the MER Spirit Panorama and pan to the right you will find these two rocks and above them (where the little white hand is, you will find the airbrushed spot)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Cool measurement on the distance- it would be to hard to explain where I see what in the pic. I will have to put the image in my viewer program and just draw the outline of what I think is there. This will be my first try at it, be back in 20 min?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

On the bottom is the door frame with the header attached to the top left(double arrows)

The arrows on the very top right show the corner structure.

The circled area is air brushed, small sand dunes going as high as the rocks.

Look around this area and you won't see any other sand swept as high as the rocks. Only here!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I can see some kind of manipulation, but a lumber yard? I really think that's stretching it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
I can see some kind of manipulation, but a lumber yard? I really think that's stretching it.

I know I am stretching it to the max. But someone had to do something to this spot. It's just is very odd to have everything around it sharp and clear on all four sides of this certain spot.

I wouldn't have bothered at all with this if it was on the other side or the Crater. But it's right there!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I know I am stretching it to the max. But someone had to do something to this spot. It's just is very odd to have everything around it sharp and clear on all four sides of this certain spot.

I wouldn't have bothered at all with this if it was on the other side or the Crater. But it's right there!

Hey man, I really don't want to come across as damning, but "stretching it to the max" or stretching it is a bad idea - you'll either get written off as a hoaxer, harmless fool or somewhere in between and it further contributes to damaging the field of research.

There's numerous problems with fringe subjects being taken seriously, mostly that the masses and media think we're all nuts (or at worst lying).

I do see an anomaly that you're pointing out, but dressing it up to sound more exciting or to get more attention is bad. Do you really see a lumber yard?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Explanation: I here provide some rock and sand formation pictures [from earth] for comparision purposes ONLY!

And finally a link on sand dune formation creation...

The Geology of Sand Dunes [digital-desert.com]

Personal Disclosure: I am interrogating carefully what you pointed out [thanks for the clarification
] in the picture! I'll post again when I feel I have something more to add and I encourage all members to view the comparitive pictures I provide in this post to help with further analysis of the area on Mars.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Point taken, thank you for the insight, it's my first post and I knew I found some sort of a cover up.

Therefore I posted it here at ATS because I think there are anomaly experts by the thousands.

I am hoping someone will post the Raw image in order to further understand why it is blurred.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Cool - I think there are lots of similar images out there of many different places (including Earth) that get similar treatment, it's really hard to say why, it's a real shame they can't be loaded into a paint programme and you just hit "undo"

If you use the search (always a good idea), there's a lot of similar threads. I knew very little about photoshop etc until I joined ATS and it's encouraged me to learn.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join