It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am fed up with people who think it is their right to put your threads down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I am really angry.

I am angry because some people think it is OK to say boo and hiss to your threads.

Why do these people comment? It is to put you down.

Unless you have a constructive comment, butt out you knowalls.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
i hear you,its okay for a little intelectual criticizm but they just come and tottaly trash your thread

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I will have to strongly agree with this.

ATS should encourage respectful posting by issuing warnings to people who post things that are obviously designed to put the the other poster down and insult him.

There never is any need to put others down to get your point across and it should not be tolerated by the mods on ATS.

My two cents....

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
i get it all the time because my spelling isnt that great does not matter about the post as long as they have pointed out i cant spell

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Thanks to you guys who supported this.

I am so tired of people who just like to put others down.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I don't think that every person who feels 'put upon' has actually necessarily been 'put upon'.

Differences of opinion will inevitably strike up some friction which will cause a few sparks which can lead to flames - but generally if the two parties concerned speak openly and civilly then their differences will eventually meld into an understanding of the others viewpoint.

I've made many online friends through such techniques in the past and have extended my knowledge of subjects I'd otherwise not have researched from such undertakings.

Of course you do have to actually talk to the other person.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I think many who ridicule on here may be doing it as a psychological maneuver to compensate for some feeling of inadequacy or inferiority and put others down in an effort to at least temporarily prop themselves up in their own minds. But it is likely only a temporary 'fix' and soon thereafter what they see as reality, whether accurate or not, sets in again and out they go, looking for another thread to trash and get another 'high'.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Explanation: I saw this thread originally posted on the ATS side of the forum boards in completely the wrong forum for it and I am NOT surprised at all that it ended up here in the Rant forum on the BTS side of the forum boards! In future it might be less distressing for members if they post in the correct forum FIRST and then there would be no need for it to be moved and as a consequence nobody gets their toes trodden on OK!

Personal Disclosure: Seriously??? How hard is it to press either the red Thread Alert! button near the top of every single threads page and or the Alert button at the bottom of each members individual posts???

There is absolutely no use
over stuff when one hasn't gone through the right process and the appropriate channels etc! :shk:

ATS is a business and it can take several working days for a single issue to be reviewed and actioned!

Let us please give the ATS
a reasonable chance to do their job OK.

P.S. But I completely agree that all members should be civil with each other when ever they post to ATS regardless! No excuses!

Edited emoticon fail! soz

[edit on 8-8-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

How would you respond to a thread stating either/or "Christians/Atheists are wrong and should be persecuted"?

Another example - what if X posted pictures of balloons and claimed them to be aliens? I think that would need to be challenged.

Ok, so you've got nothing nice to say, don't say it, but do we allow the "standards" on this board to slip? Personally, I feel the need to challenge things I disagree with - sometimes I'm proven wrong and I learn something. That seems to be the nature of ATS.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Just wait until the summer vacations are over, it'll die down very quickly.

It's summer; you get a lot of bored kids who don't really 'get' it..

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by QtheQ

Lol. Funny stuff.

Addicts come in all shapes and sizes, they'll sink to any level of depravity to get their fix. ATS thread bashers being the worst sort.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hey, at least you don't have your threads deleted by insecure, jealous moderators that don't like the fact that you're a better writer than they are.

You have so many people that complain about this and nothing is done.

You ever notice that the new people don't participate as much as the moderators and so called writers here? It's because they get way out of hand when it comes to deleting threads or replies they think that will prove they are better writers then they are.

Pretty lame if you ask me. If you know you are good than you wouldn't be insecure and play stupid games like that.

You ever notice that anti-social people spend all their time on-line dealing with people?

They are anti-social so they should [snip]

Mod Edit: Censor circumnavigation. Please see ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors. Also, please note that Civility & Decorum are Expected. For your perusal Simplified Terms and Conditions of Membership for the AboveTopSecret.com Message Board. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 8/8/10 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Last I heard, it's fine to attack the topic, it's not okay to attack the poster, personally. Works for me, I can take criticism. If you can't, perhaps message boards aren't the place to hang out.

If someone, for example, suggests you're malodorous or you kick puppies, alert the mods. Otherwise, I fail to see what the problem is.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yeah, I've just experienced this on one of my threads.
Personal insults, being called a hoaxer and liar

Its nothing short of bullying to try drive you out

Hey, stay strong, don't let em bring you down ok !!

You are not alone...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Well just for the heck of it ''boo and hiss to your thread''.This is a stupid thread and a dumb topic.Stop complaining and wasting our time.Have a awesome day!

new topics

top topics

join