It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Michelle spend taxpayers money?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I would like to get to the bottom of this.

People are accusing Michelle Obama of using taxpayers' money for her holiday - but did she?

So far, I have seen no proof that she did.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I hate to break this to people, but if Michelle Obama takes a dump at the Whitehouse bathroom, she is using tax payers’ money. Her husband is the President, his salary and yes even his water in their toilets is paid by taxpayer’s money. If the first lady does anything relating to anything, it is technically paid by taxpayer’s money.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by AmosGraber]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AmosGraber

Presumably they have some money of their own? Maybe she used that to go on her holiday?

I am just trying to find out the truth - and finding the truth is like finding germs in your poo - that difficult, but still possible. (Since we are talking about dumping).

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
omg
not another thread about this crap
please, we have 5-6 already
can we give it a break?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yes, but I would still like to find out if Michelle spent taxpayer's money or her own - before I damn her, I would like to know the truth.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AmosGraber

Explanation: Yes. But once he/she/they have earned their respective pay packets its no longer the taxpayers $$$. Every public servant using the White House toilets also does it at the taxpayers expense and so focusing on the First Lady's same use of same/similar toilets as an angle to hammer the current administration and or political party would be a FAIL!

catwhoknows raises an interesting issue.

I am an Aussie and so haven't followed this very much and I have some questions...

Did the First Lady etc. fly privately to Europe for the Holiday OR was AirForce 1 used as the ferry service???

If they travelled privately the Airline would have the financial records of who paid for the trip and how and what the total price of the return airfare tickets was etc.

Being flown on holiday by Airforce 1 or its equivillent would lead me to believe that yes the United States taxpayer footed at least some of the bill.

Personal Disclosure: The stores in Europe where she and her family bought stuff would also have financial records that logged the flow of money from whome and wherever to whome and wherever else etc.

P.S. Edited to add that it's just occured to me that the First Lady has been and continues to be a tax paying citizen as well!

2ndry edit to state that I am not implying that the First Lady recieves a salary for being the First lady... she doesn't! But that doesn't prevent her earning her own money in other ways and would have to pay tax on what she does earn.

oh and some silly spelling mistakes [fair to fare]

[edit on 8-8-2010 by OmegaLogos]

[edit on 8-8-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
People really are missing the point in all this. It doesn't matter if she did or if she didn't... the point that people miss is that whether we like it or not, her being the First Lady means that she is a leader, or should be, and leaders don't take vacations with multitudes of friends to foreign countries when others are in such dire straights. This country hasn't seen leadership in such a long time that we've forgotten what it looks like.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

She is married to the President.

Americans call that position first lady - crap!

Just because her husband is the President, she still has a life.

As for that oldfashoined first lady thing - what a load of #e.

In Britain, in NZ - and probably a lot of other countries - it doesn't matter if you are married to the top man. There is no such thing as first lady - that is total rubbish.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Remember the U.S. isn't any other country in the world... ok?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Maybe I should add... people of the world haven't seen a leader in such a long time, they really have no idea what one looks like.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Well, maybe the US has to wake up and find out that there is not a first lady.

If someone is president, that does not automatically say their wfe or husband is anything.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Of course she spent taxpayer money.

She may have paid for the vacation herself (which I doubt) but at the end of the day who paid for the security detail? Do you think they are going to be handed a bill from the Secret Service for the expenses incurred by however many agents were dispatched to cover her and her 40 buddies?

Not likely.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Here is an idea - why doesn't someone ask Obama what money she used?

Just asking.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

Explanation: St*r for you!

Yes! Now is she as the POTUS's wife entitled to that???

Personal Disclosure: So yes! US Taxpayers $'s WERE used and the issue is now were any of the taxpayers $'s used in such a way as that the beneficiaries were NOT entitled to?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

And if she used taxpayer's money....Damn her and her holiday.

How dare she?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmosGraber
I hate to break this to people, but if Michelle Obama takes a dump at the Whitehouse bathroom, she is using tax payers’ money. Her husband is the President, his salary and yes even his water in their toilets is paid by taxpayer’s money. If the first lady does anything relating to anything, it is technically paid by taxpayer’s money.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by AmosGraber]
You aren't actually insinuating that Michelle takes a dump are you? Lord have mercy, people like her don't take a dump...oh no...Barrack and company are so..just utterly fabulous, they are beyond having to make a stinky poo poo. And how dare you little people question her right...an utterly fabulous person's right to party! You little people have no bread? Then eat cake.

She is the Marie Antoinette of the 21st century!

new topics

top topics

join