It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheepdogs vs. Wolves : Law Enforcement, Predators and Prey, and Love or Hate Cops...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Demonizing the wolf, an animal of nature, is not something I like at all.

Wild animals are beautiful.

But the two-legged variety is very similar because it is a predator.

Unfortunately, there are as many politicians, who fit the profile of a wolf.

And not in the sense of the graceful creature of nature but a sick and twisted individual.

Preying upon society and our fears to steal funding, power, and many things they have no right to.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

I do not see what this has to do with the topic at hand.

That was never proven to have been real to anyone.

Nor does it have anything really to do with this particular topic.

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Law enforcement has become a wall between the commoner and the royalty.

A Mis-placement of both trust and authority.

First and foremost, Law Enforcement is not a wall to keep you from anyone, unless you allow it to be.

Meaning, anyone who acts stupid, ignorant, or unlawful, that person is to blame, not Law Enforcement.

Do not scapegoat Law Enforcement for other people's stupid actions and or ignorant behavior.

Secondly, we in America have no royalty, there is no such thing in existence here.

While most certainly there might be rich people, powerful people, even elitists, there is no royalty.

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders

The constitution has been abrugated(sp) since before 1871.

Once again it comes up,that things never returned to what was considered right before the civil war.

We are not a party to the constitution.

Constitutional rights don't exist,the constitution grants privileges to the government,which are revocable by the people.

In order that the god given rights of the people not be infringed by government.

The government does not have the right to grant privileges except in special circumstances,as in corporate charter,or when a crime is committed.

edit on 24-10-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: Missed something

This is wholly incorrect.

The Constitution is the power of the people, however, people in society are so self-centered and selfish so as to not comprehend their power, as well they are distracted easily like a child with A.D.H.D. with regards to the bread and circuses, ignorant to politics and their meanings, only paying attention when a scandal happens, which is usually only a peek behind the curtain of corruption.

Constitutional Rights do exist, it is society who is to blame for them being forgotten, with the assistance of distractions paid for and spoon fed as pablum to them by politicians, corporations, and family who forgets we are the power of this country.

Our numbers are far larger than those within the halls of power.

If only people quit being ignorant and pay careful attention to what their Government does in their names.

Our Government might not be able to get away with 9/10's of the things they do get away with.

Government after all is only a functionary entity, it is the people within it, who are the problem.

And when society expects other people to solve their problems yet is too lazy to do it themselves we suffer.
edit on 10/26/10 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight To The Post.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I only know what I know,the secret to wisdom is to find out why those who taught you what they taught you ,did.

As in your reply,people are generally ignorant to the reality that most of what they take as the truth is only fictional,and pliable to them if they would see their true power.

Government is a party to the constitution,their ignorance of the fact it was written to reign in their tendency to become corrupt is not unintentional.

The people's ignorance of this fact does make them responsible for the tub of &^%$%%#!@! many find themselves sitting in,the TV and available entertainment keeps them from really noticing,and work is another distraction to them.

Rampant unemployment here is really dangerous to those who control the people without their noticing,or their implicit consent,since many now have the time to sit and think about these things that they previously had little time to ponder.

Many Drink,instead of Think about how they ended up in the situation they are in.

I respect that you are a LEO,and generally have little animosity toward LEO's,my disdain for the law arises from the fact that adequate legal representation is not available to most who are not considered "wealthy",which I am not.

True law enforcement begins in the courtroom,Law Enforcement Officer is not really an accurate title for the job which they perform.

I mean no offense,I only know what I know....

The more I learn,the less I find I truly believe myself to know.

One door closes,and ten others open.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

If most of the problems in this society and world were solved,a lot of people would find that there is no reason for them to do the job they did.

There are reasons for all that happens here.

A negative thing is frequently a positive thing to those who find themselves at opposing sides of any situation.

Opposites are required,but so is balance.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Let me correct an incorrect piece of information immediately.

I am not a Law Enforcement Officer.

I have within my lifetime studied Government, Military, Law Enforcement, Intelligence Agencies.

You name it.

I have never however stepped into any of those fields due to seeing all of the corruption rampant within them.

It is not those particular organizations necessarily but enough of the people within them.

The corruption within them royally irritates me because no one has the balls to do something about it.

Put them in jail, throw them out of office, or eliminate them.

True "Law Enforcement" begins by being a responsible, knowledgeable, and law-abiding citizen.

That way you never have to get involved with criminals or Law Enforcement Officers or courtrooms.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

I have never however stepped into any of those fields due to seeing all of the corruption rampant within them.

It is not those particular organizations necessarily but enough of the people within them.

THIS sums it all up Spart, the idea may be good but its immunity has been compromised long ago, and now at an accelerated rate, it has morphed from caring watchful servant and protector of the people, to a powerful heavily armed and ready force.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
THIS sums it all up Spart, the idea may be good but its immunity has been compromised long ago, and now at an accelerated rate, it has morphed from caring watchful servant and protector of the people, to a powerful heavily armed and ready force.

My biggest complaint is that no one puts these monsters away.

There very presence within Government, Military, and Law Enforcement means our system is compromised.

I agree with you there.

Harry Houdini found that out and was killed for it.

Yes, I realize the "official" version is Houdini died of appendicitis, but I've been digging for decades.

From con-men, to Spiritualist's, to plain and outright criminals our system is compromised.

Over all though the system is meant as a functionary organization and nothing more.

And people abuse that by seeking power, corrupting the system, or manipulating the system.

Power is something to be respected, handled with responsibility, and ultimately something few can handle.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join