It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Rainbow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
So I was driving near my house and I saw the most incredible rainbow in my life… The bad news was I only had my crappy IPhone camera to take a picture of it. It was much larger than the pictures show and had 13 visible color layers.. Boy I wish I had my good camera to really get all the layers and the size right, but this is the best I could do…

In any case it was inspiring, and I wonder if the solar activity was enhancing it.

ENJOY

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Here some music, pretty slow but calming.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
This is the third amazing rainbow Ive heard of in the last few days, I saw this story just the other day....

news.ninemsn.com.au...

Maybe your right about the solar activity.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I have always believed that rainbows have seven stripes - how can a rainbow have more than 7?

Unless it was a double rainbow, in which case it would have had 14
stripes.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Solar activity has nothing to do with the rainbows. Its caused by sunlight refracting off falling rain. Nothing more and nothing less.

The height and brilliance of them is determined by the height of the sun at the time of observation. They are at their best during early morning and late afternoon

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

You expected it

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
I have always believed that rainbows have seven stripes - how can a rainbow have more than 7?

Unless it was a double rainbow, in which case it would have had 14
stripes.

If the water droplets are small enough you can get smaller areas of really intense colours below the primary bow. They are called supernumeraries

www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythic Chris

The double rainbow classic... "What does this mean"?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Solar activity has nothing to do with the rainbows. Its caused by sunlight refracting off falling rain. Nothing more and nothing less.

The height and brilliance of them is determined by the height of the sun at the time of observation. They are at their best during early morning and late afternoon

I know what you mean and I'm not trying to be a jerk, but is not sunlight a type of solar activity?
I'm just saying!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythic Chris

Your going to love this:
YouTube Double Rainbow Song

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That's a pretty snazzy rainbow you have their. You just need to find the bowl of Lucky Charms at the end of it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It wasn't what we see as a double rainbow. Though the camera couldn't really get a good picture of all the layers you can still see many of them in the picture as waves below the primary colors. Under the normal eye this thing looked a half mile wide and was much closer than the camera could show.

Another interesting part is there wasn't very much rain associated with it. I was about four miles from my house and from my view the rainbow was very close to my house, but when I got home the ground was dry.

I think the really different part that I have never seen even in pictures is the waves below the primary colors. If you can zoom in on the picture and you can see them, now they were all colors with the naked eye. One of them was the most brilliant violet I have ever seen though I have seen that color but extremely faint.

Man, if I had my canon camera I would have had some really crazy pictures.

top topics

join