It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL illusion!!!! The illusion of life and death!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
People often say that death is an illusion without fully understanding why and how. We say death is that or death is this when in fact, death is only one thing, death! Death is death, and life is life. I am me, and you are you! Yes, its true. Death exists as itself dieing within itself as a whole. Life exists within itself, alive, existing as a whole.

So, when i ask you, are you life, what does that really mean?

When i ask you if you are life i may be asking you if you are alive. By definition, yes you are alive, your body is conscious, awake, and in full function currently. That is not what i mean by life. Life as in, are you already alive? Are you spending your days working towards a goal? What is that goal? Why are you not currently happy with whatever status it is that you keep? If you were truly alive, and drinking from the cup of life, would you not be satisfied with your current state of being, in any state of being? When you ate breakfast this morning, were you not satisfied with your current state of being enough to progress through your time happy with what you have been given? When you eat, are you using the food to try and be alive?

Seriously, please redfine how you conceptualize the term life, and death. Then ask yourself what you are, and what you represent.

The illusion IS NOT expressed through our limited human perceptions, it goes way beyond into the illusion of life, when you or it is actually death!!!

[edit on 8-8-2010 by onequestion]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
indeed!

experiencing every moment just for its own worth, not regretting or ruminating over yesterday or worrying about tomorrow.

and yet, still having purpose enough to feel integral in "life" - both personal and public....

yes
i am life!

i wasn't always, so i do know there is a world of difference and also that until one is life, one cannot recognize death.

living in death makes it invisible, so to speak.

those words are inadequate.
maybe i can do better later.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
In my perception and understanding, life is intelligent and death isn't. The soul is trapped in the infernal cycle of life and death as long as it has not learned the cosmic laws of life. The spirit of man uses the ego via the soul to experience the physical realm. When the ego awakens to the reality of its multi-dimensional aspects, then the process of understanding the laws of life is activated. The illusion of free will is the "greatest illusion" for the unconscious ego. Earth is an experimental planet, and most humans have an experimental consciousness. The ultimate goal for humans is to break free from the astrological programming they are subjected to, in order to raise they vibrational and consciousness levels, and then move on to other spheres of reality, so to never come back to the physical realm.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Its important to not become a robot, doing the same things every day until you die. Make your life mean something. Do something for others. Be the light in the darkness if you can.

This reality is about evolving consciousness, but very few people attempt to do that.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Many are questioning this very phenomenon, via techie grants.

If, say, you spend your day on what I call the "Human Treadmill", making little contacts and swelling your head with notions of grandiosity, no you're not alive.

By my original statement, look at Hollywood when a bonafide star passes away. All this never before seen footage starts croping up. And, everyone knows it's fake.

Death is final. When you're removed, some have great difficulties with this, and will not let the person 'die'. And, will roll them via screen like a die on a game board, I've noticed.

Death's Grip has a fear level that causes many to sink within themselves, and is not an arena for most.

However, I couldn't allow myself the pleasure that I am godlike, and can command others about in a sense of Total Control, on a whim...

[edit on 8/8/2010 by passingthought]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
One of the silliest questions I have ever heard is,
'Is there life after death'.
There is a strange irony about this type of question, and it implies perhaps that the questioner is in a way already dead. Dead to life that is!
Life is for the living, and death is for the, well, dead!
Is this what you are saying? If it is then aren't you just stating the obvious?

[edit on 8-8-2010 by midicon]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

IMHO, life/death is a false duality. Death is just a description we use in relation to the absence of life. Death is not a state in or of existence.
It is just a term we use to indicate the absence of life in existence as we know it.
In this way, death is an illusion. It is not something. It is not anything. It is a lack of something, something we called life.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Life and death are not duality. From our current misunderstanding of life and death they polarize eachother. Life is life and death is death. I am life through contentment.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The clinical definition of Death, used by medical industry world wide is the lack of measurable Brain activity.

Brain activity or brain impulses, are electrical in nature and are clearly and verifiable measurable.

Hence life and death in actuality is not an illusion because it can be scientifically verified and validated as being present or not.

The question is though, is that although the body is now deemed officially dead. And Since this energy also known as the soul, cannot be created or destroyed has now left the body, where does it go ?

Does it as all religions claim, move on to go to heaven or hell ?

Or does some of it remain here as electro magnetic energy ?

Why do ghost hunters use electro magnetic frequency meters to determine the presence of not only normal emf fields but also of paranormal ones ?

Food for thought....

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
"life" and "death" are concepts needed by the fragile human mind to have some semblance of control in this universe.

oh by the way- the mind is also a concept and the most importantly life-defying concept of all? the 'self' also an illusion

there is no birth or death if there is no one to be born or die

robots can appear very sentient..be careful

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Why does the body lose 21 grams instantly upon death?

Interesting question...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

ABOVE AND BELOW

Underneath man’s driving need
Lies sex, and politics, and greed,
Controlling the vices found behind
The weakening of the human mind
The origins of this quest for power
Are but vain attempts to stay the hour
That looms above all mortal heads,
Which every man, in some way, dreads:
When last he draws his final breath
To begin the life we’ve labeled 'death'

i wrote that.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Interesting hypothesis.

I think you can not identify death before you know what life is.

I agree with you that it is weird not to be satisfied, always planning the next goal...
Like what you have isn't good enough.

Luckily, I'm free of this burden and I'm satisfied as it is. I don't really planned for anything, and I will take what life gives me.

However...

Our lives, we or mankind/humanity are not supposed to fully stop. We have a job to do.
We're on a mission, so to say.

The first is survival. We need to survive in the best way we possibly can and spread our genes, so they will have the best possible means to survive as well, and pass our genes.
Unfortunately there are people who failed to develop that group thing or social character we have developed. It has proven to be a great way to make survival more likely. They still are on a lower evolutionary step, as all the food, money and water in the world will not help them when the group thing that would protect them is not there.

The second is just an opinion and exclusively the results my thoughts made me think of. Don't worry I did not copy wright them as my thoughts are primarily based on the stuff others came up with.

We are supposed to search for answers about anything as we are a manifestation of an entity that wants to know itself. You could call it God, or the Universe.

Cool thread actually.

Thanks !

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233

Interesting question...

Do you have a source for that? I have heard this before but could never find any information on it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

Interesting question...

Do you have a source for that? I have heard this before but could never find any information on it.

You heard it because it was the title of a movie, but the movie was based on "junk science" -- there's no credibility in it.

www.snopes.com...

If a soul is energy, as most who believe in souls think, why would it weigh anything?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

Interesting question...

Well, I've seen such happen (like live game). The deceased lose all muscle retention and pass whatever is inside, immediately upon passing.

Could that be it? Although, I don't think you would want it as a specter, more like release.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I am no more alive than any one else, but why do I appear so very different.

I am a gardener by nature. Since I was a small child I have been planting seeds. If I pass seeds in the store I am drawn to them and will trickle out the pennies needed just so I can plant them.

I am drawn to plants that are "on sale", those poor nasty discount plants that someone failed to keep alive. I will spend money on those!

As I plant my seeds and my rescued survivors I begin to realize that everything I touch is growing. Everywhere I have ever lived the ground went from dry, desolate, and abused to something rich and life-giving.

I have planted more trees now than years I have spent on Earth. If I sit for too long I begin to set roots.

As for others, well I do not see this in others. Instead I see materialism and trash. I see accumulated messes and junk. I see death surrounding the living. I do not see anyone rescuing tadpoles from a shrinking puddle. I do not see birds nesting near them. I do not see butterflies born because of the efforts they extended in their lives.

Sometimes I want the vines to just grow up over me so that I do not have to witness the nothingless being created by people.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
We, you and I don't really exist really. We are just reflections of other peoples behaviors. The only truth of our existence comes out of a pursuit of our own personal desires or a lack thereof. We often figure out things sooner or later. Nowadays with all the chemicals in meals and such seems it could be helping our consciousness evolve faster even. Life is inherited knowledge and is therefore smart it will find a way around this curve. The universe is a balance of energy in an equation and unless a group, such as this supposed "Illumunati", maintains that balance and keeps the awareness of the planets whole they will not survive a transition and remain in power. This is just the universe at work. we don't seem to be figuring out as much and because of the grand design of our society we are not able to think about these types of things.

It all starts with Idea's like Santa Clause and the Easter bunny. It also stems towards idea's of politics being corrupt and someone just saying "Oh well that's the way it is". We all have the voice and when you confront the truth and stay as close to it as you can without creating misery for everyone you will free yourself. Just through your own divine awareness. It's not "Practice and preach" it is "Practice and the whole will follow".

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think language/words we use in our time today for one just don't quite say it given the increased and accelerating flow of information we find ourselves in. I only mean that in just one simple word refracts in to our so many idea's

I personally think life is just a cycle and to re-cycle what is in that cycle whatever's joined it or still flows round it, however it may manifest and perceive and our concept of time is where we place those two markers of life or death, of beginning and end, start and finish as we know it. Till eventually as it cycles round and round within itself to come to a point of conclusion

When you look at nature and the nature of anything just as physically our cells multiply and divide will eventually die fall to the earth and on some atomic level be part of something else to multiply and divide, work themselves in to an order and on that goes

Just as the cosmic scale shows certain nebulaes form and collapse and may eventually create a galaxy of its own then along with the solar systems, suns and planets all the way down and the centre of it all black holes sucking everything in to a single point of infinite density probably to pop out somewhere else within itself and out itself maybe the next big bang, singularity or point of creation in some other dimension to do it all again in some other wonderful way although I'm sure I didn't say it too well there

Just as we're born our mind filled with nothing sure basic programming for the food and the water, comfort from parent, inate good (where did it come from was it learned in some other life, inate simple qualities which may have been complex in the last) but eventually our mind fills and we can go it alone to become complex individuals viewing our world and figuring things out eventually the physical body dies and then maybe the conciousness carries it forward sucked in to the black hole of the mind to spew out elsewhere with a new perspective and purpose, a new idea about what you know is truly right

Personally I don't know for sure I'm still trying to work it out

But at least we know re-cycling is good it keeps things in balance

Regards,

Panda

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
On the Philosophical side of Life, and it's reproach: as others have stated, you can nurture, control, or destroy. That's what's presented via channels that 'define' what it is to be alive.

The falacy of total suppression of any against the 'for all' is what those on this board call a "cover up".

To tie this all together, life is a generality where one must find the mold you fit, and try not to deviate. Be it one who 'verbalizes' and dictates there own little world of words, contacts the world and views changes they personally make, or militarize and tract out other's plots.

Don't forget the Wildcards, though, as they can thwart even the mightiest plans that will, never fail

<<   2 >>

join