It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Saudi Beheader

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Explanation: Freaked out??? If I was to be executed in such a fashion I would want the calmest bloke to do the dastardly deed [from my POV] as then he wouldn't botch it up! I note how he said the uncontrollable fear that made the MEN [note he only mentions the MEN] quake and shake made his Job so much harder to do cleanly and with least amount of stress for EVERYBODY concerned [the criminal included].

Personal Disclosure: It is interesting to note that they completely overlooked 1 vital part of how the executions are usually conducted!

Just before the victims head is removed swiftly with the blade of the sword, the executioner slightly stabs the victim below the ribs which makes them suddenly arch backwards which of course helps the executioner behead them with the 1st slice of the sword mere moments later!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
It is different because of the crimes,

Not that I am pro death penalty, but,

To be hung, stoned or beheaded for adultery or homosexuality,

That makes it barbaric,

hell it is barbaric.

Sorry to repeat myself, but what is the difference between executing someone for adultery or murder ?

Adultery is tolerated in the West, but not in the Middle East. What yardstick are we using to judge what's a capital offence, and what isn't ?

I'm sure some Saudis must think it's ''barbaric'' that we don't execute adulterers.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I think you have to be pretty insensitive to say,

Oh it's their culture,

How heartless can a person be to justify this and make excuse for it, I just don't get it.

It's not heartless.

I am trying to understand the indignation from people at the video of this executioner, while ignoring the fact that there are many executioners in the USA, and other countries that still have the death penalty.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
EDIT: Double Post.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

Your taxes have murdered innocents and poisoned you and your family. But there is no compassion, there is no change on your part, because, that's just "the way it is".

Please,

I don't understand your logic,

and I am weary of the apologist.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
There is no logic to it, there doesn't need to be anything to tell me that murder and child molestation are capital offenses, it should be common sense; they don't deserve to live. And if someone molested your child, you should agree.

Precisely, there doesn't need to be anything to tell you that these are capital offences.
Just as many Saudis will feel that there doesn't need to be anything to tell them that adultery, homosexuality etc. are capital offences.

Murder and child molestation are accepted in some cultures throughout the world, so some of the people from these cultures probably wouldn't consider these offences to be worthy of any kind of punishment.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You're up in arms about an everyday practice in another country, when your country is stained with the same paint.

Also I'm weary of you moral absolutists, I'm not an apologist, I'm a realist.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by depth om]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Doesn't America execute people? what's the difference how it is done.
Thank goodness I live in a country that doesn't carry out state killing.

As for the poster who asked what is the difference between being exected for murder or adultery, surely it is self explanatory, there is no taking of a life with adultry.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Is this the kind of planet we want for our children's children?

ARE we going to evolve beyond the dark-ages?

So I find stoning and beheadings barbaric and I am the crazy one?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
As for the poster who asked what is the difference between being exected for murder or adultery, surely it is self explanatory, there is no taking of a life with adultry.

When did it become self-explanatory that the taking of life was a pre-requisite for a capital offence ?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I find stoning and beheadings barbaric and I am the crazy one?

How can that be any more barbaric than gassing someone to death or frying them in an electric chair ?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
EDIT: Double Post.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
ALL nation, cultures, and religions, need to be held accountable for their actions,

We cannot just pick and choose and make excuses, no one cuts American's any slack.

The earth community is more interconnected then any time before in the history of mankind,

If we don't help one-another pull one another collective heads out of one-another collective butts, it gonna get fugly

If it is possible to get any fuglier.

[edit on 053131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

I find stoning and beheadings barbaric and I am the crazy one?

How can that be any more barbaric than gassing someone to death or frying them in an electric chair ?

I am not picking and choosing I said I am not pro death penalty, but to be executed for religious laws is so middle age.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

I while back when I was in the Air Force a friend of mine was TDY at Saudi Arabia. He and another American decided to go and see a public execution, and when the crowd found out there were Americans had them go to the front to watch it. Apparently, it is an insult to have foreigners (non Muslims) witness the execution. He told me it was a morbidly obese man who was going to be beheaded for raping a little girl. He was surprised as this one took two times to behead the man completely. In Saudi Arabia, they do not play when it comes to justice.

I do not think we should be judging the execution methods of Saudi Arabia as we still practice it in the USA. Sticking a needle in a person's arm is no more or less humane as the results are the same.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This video was amazing!

I can't believe he is so calm and at peace with the whole thing. He just came from cutting a fellow human beings head off to do this interview. Just pondering that fact is mind boggling.

Also the way the woman anchor seems to be smiling throughout the whole interview made it even more strange. She was pretty hot though (I wonder if I'd get beheaded for saying that over there?
).

Either way, who is to say beheading is more barbaric than lethal injection? For all we know lethal injection could be the most horrifically painful experience you could subject onto someone - while lopping your head off (if done correctly) should be a pretty quick and easy way to die. Those terrorists using the saw technique got it all wrong.

I can say the only thing that makes it barbaric are the reasons for doing the beheading. As someone said above me, that is simply my opinion - but I think most people in the 21st century can agree that homosexuals and adulterers being punished by death most certainly is a barbaric and obsolete world view.

Now, murderers, violent rapists, child rapists, THOSE people would have no sympathy from me.

Beheading them would be a lot cheaper than our method - hell, it'd be even cheaper than a firing squad.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by DirtyPete]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

How is he any different to the people that administer the lethal injection, or turn the lever on the electric chair in many States in the USA ?

Because in the USA they don't chop your hands off for stealing. In the USA they don't kill you for fornication. In the USA they don't kill you for eating pork.

Nope but they DO throw you in jail if you're caught smoking a natural herb. Hell you guys even shoot each other for walking on each others property.

Don't try and deny it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Being honest any nation that employs the death penalty either by state or religion, i consider a little backward.

I don't care if this insults Americans, Arabs or Allah.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

How is he any different to the people that administer the lethal injection, or turn the lever on the electric chair in many States in the USA ?

Because in the USA they don't chop your hands off for stealing. In the USA they don't kill you for fornication. In the USA they don't kill you for eating pork.

Nope but they DO throw you in jail if you're caught smoking a natural herb. Hell you guys even shoot each other for walking on each others property.

Don't try and deny it.

In Saudi they cut your head off for smuggling the natural herb; in the US they throw you in a jail for a few hours for minor offenses. Don't even act like death and jail time are comparable.

It's illegal to shoot someone for trespassing, you're completely wrong. It is murder unless the person is going to cause physical harm to you.

Where do you people come up with this garbage?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Oh yeah i apologise then, denying a man his freedom and his basic human rights and physical access to his family and locking him in a cell with murderers and rapists for smoking a bit of herb is completely justified.

Thanks for pointing that out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join