It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortality, how and why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Is the secret to immortality simply believing?

Ever since we are born we are surrounded by death, therefore we are in the wrong waters from the start which pushes us to believe in mortality.

Are we mortal because we believe so?

There is no doubt that our body can survive longer than the time we think it does, we don't understand why we grow old, it just doesn't make sense.

I think we have been programmed that way, we can change it by changing our mentality and believing in our body, that it can last longer than the average 60-100 years.

What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
It is possible we could expend our natural life cycle through mental manipulation but it is going to be outside the ability of most normal people to achieve that level of visualization.

Not to mention the numerous factors that can cause our bodies too expire early.

Its not as simple as saying nah sorry death im not coming to play today.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by maskfan
It is possible we could expend our natural life cycle through mental manipulation but it is going to be outside the ability of most normal people to achieve that level of visualization.

Not to mention the numerous factors that can cause our bodies too expire early.

Its not as simple as saying nah sorry death im not coming to play today.

Yes exactly, the natural cycle has the capability to live much longer than the set clock of today.

I'm thinking the belief which is installed within us is the problem, the fact that we see daily people dying etc.

I think everyone has the capability, they just think it is impossible therefore don't put any time and effort in to it.

People are just too busy these days, do you agree?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I have often contemplated this, but failed to see it through due to not wanting to think that those that I loved just didn't have it in them to keep going.

On the other hand, I think that someone can actually have the chance to decide to either come back here or go elsewhere. A lot of people today I think would not opt for an earthly return, but I can always hope, and keep those who have passed in my heart for at least my eternity.

BTW I think that reincarnation is definitively an option, and kind of is what I would term immortality.

Peace to you...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Its my understanding that the average human could live to be 150 years old - today, if: we ate a proper diet (paleo), weren't being poisoned by the air (micro-carbons and petro-chemicals in the air), maintained higher levels of fitness and muscle mass, were part of a family/social network that relied on us, we exercised our brain more, had stronger natural immune systems, natural selection was taking place, preventative medicine was prevalent (instead of big pharma running town) and our stress levels were down.

Alot of what kills us at the time of "natural death" - is actually the result of our poor diets. Western diets are hard(er) for our bodies to process, we weren't designed to eat grains - but because we do, the average westerner has a pancreas a third (or is it 2/3rds?) larger than normal - and our organs have had a strenuous life.

We're like goats, we can eat anything, but if you wanna be healthy, you're better off living on your intended/evolutionary diet.

30% Lean meats, organs, eggs
60% Fruit and veg, some nuts
5% Whole-grains, herbs, honey, spices.

Bah I could go on, consider me subscribed

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It's true, each time cell regenerate they regenerate more and more imperfect (older) but just like forward there is reverse, regeneration of cells backward, in stead of generating an older layer of cells we could be generating fresh ones and keep our bodies young forever. I do not know if were suppose to do that. Maybe there is another body waiting for us more improved without flaws.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I have often contemplated this, but failed to see it through due to not wanting to think that those that I loved just didn't have it in them to keep going.

On the other hand, I think that someone can actually have the chance to decide to either come back here or go elsewhere. A lot of people today I think would not opt for an earthly return, but I can always hope, and keep those who have passed in my heart for at least my eternity.

BTW I think that reincarnation is definitively an option, and kind of is what I would term immortality.

Peace to you...

I agree in regards to other options we have outside of this realm, and I also agree in regards to the option of reincarnation (although it is an assumption that these are options).

There is huge evidence in regards to reincarnation, investigative techniques has proven this phenomena.

Many children remember their past lives-spontaneously, without hypnosis or prompting. Some as young as two and still in diapers blurt out, "I remember when I died before" or "My other mommy had curly hair". They often describe details that they had no way of learning in this life. Some remember startling personal details of relatives who died before they were born.

Only recently here in the West have children's past life memories been researched and documented. These memories have long been accepted in other cultures. Now we know that these memories happen naturally to young children in all countries of the world, regardless of the beliefs of their parents. They can happen any time to any very young child, but parents often don't notice because they don't know it's possible or don't know what to look for.

It is fascinating non the less.

What I'm concerned about is immortality in this life.

I believe I'm here for a reason, and won't leave until I accomplish that reason.

That is why I have thought about immortality deep and hard.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

We die because we are to busy trying to live to be alive. Everything we do as humans has nothing to do with life, which is in itself one thing and one thing only, life.

Ask yourself this, were you alive today? When you ate breakfast, were you eating so you could be alive? When you went to work, did you work so you could be alive? Why do you need to eat to live when you are already alive?

Drink from the cup of life and the world around you shall change.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by oozyism

Ask yourself this, were you alive today? When you ate breakfast, were you eating so you could be alive? When you went to work, did you work so you could be alive? Why do you need to eat to live when you are already alive?

Yes I was alive, but what does that have to do with anything.

Everything needs energy to survive, some use the sun's energy, some use other things to produce energy, us humans use other living creatures and absorb their energy by eating them.

My question is, why do we die when we, no doubtedly have the potential to live forever?

IT is as if something programmed us to live specifically this long.

That is what pisses me off, I want to reprogram myself.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Why do you need energy? What else are you besides this energy? By needing energy are you saying that you don't have enough energy?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Why do you need energy? What else are you besides this energy? By needing energy are you saying that you don't have enough energy?

We need energy for our body to work, for us to move, to walk, to talk, for our organs to work etc.

Energy is vital:

Its just like Car and gas, if you don't put gas then your car won't start. Human body works just like that.

Humans need energy first for basal metabolism and then for physical activities. The proteins, carbohydrates and lipids present in the food we take are or utilized by the body as a source of energy. The amount of energy measured in calories, which is needed to maintain the body while at rest is called the basal metabolic rate (BMR). The BMR is usually lower for women than for men and in general, it is affected by size, shape, weight, age and activity of endocrine glands. In addition, any type of exercise requires still more energy.

We spend energy when we do any type of work such as walking, running (jogging), swimming, dressing and undressing. Even when sitting at resting we spend some energy.

"Which organ uses more energy heart or brain?"

Brain

Our organs uses energy also.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

reply to post by oozyism

Yes I was alive, but what does that have to do with anything.

Everything needs energy to survive, some use the sun's energy, some use other things to produce energy, us humans use other living creatures and absorb their energy by eating them.

My question is, why do we die when we, no doubtedly have the potential to live forever?

IT is as if something programmed us to live specifically this long.

That is what pisses me off, I want to reprogram myself.

I discussed this with one of my physicist friends a while ago ... He told me that within 700 years your DNA would unravel anyway so it just wouldn't matter. I don't know this from fact and am taking him at his word.

I don't think the human body is designed go for much longer than say 120 - 150 years personally.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
yeah but dont they have enough energy right now to work fine? so i guess they don't need energy, mybe they will need energy in a future possibility, but now, they don't. so mybe this idea of need and want is the first step to your deprogramming. look deeper into what you want.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

yeah but dont they have enough energy right now to work fine? so i guess they don't need energy, mybe they will need energy in a future possibility, but now, they don't. so mybe this idea of need and want is the first step to your deprogramming. look deeper into what you want.

I think I'm starting to get you

Thanks for the explanation, it actually brought a smile to my face becomming aware of something new.

I'm working fine right now, I don't need energy right now, right at this momment. I'm gonna hit the confusion wall if I go any further, I will let you explain more in detail if you can, and if you have time.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

within 700

Imagine what you could do within 700 years?

Think about it, by then you would be able to find a solution to that problem also.

Imagine one man, with 700 year old wisdom.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Why would you want to be immortal for? Imagine all those
years of having to pay taxes!!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I think you might be right!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

i do have time ozy because it is all there is.

read my post about life and death. trust me when i say, this as what i say is more real then anything you will read. for a more in depth look, please read my post and feel free to send me a message.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
reply to post by oozyism

Why would you want to be immortal for? Imagine all those
years of having to pay taxes!!!!!

It is never wrong to pursue knowledge and wisdom, even if you are paying TAXES

Smoke break, this thread is turning out to be more exciting than I thought.

Ohh sh1t, doesn't smoking reduce your mortality even more dang

Thanks all for participating

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I do think that we may have to repeat mistakes from the past in order for us to live longer in years, while some are taken early, I think that we have dimensionally doomed ourselves.

We were never meant to mix our physical with our mental, and now that we have with that one element missing we are now having to repeat, if at one time people lived for hundreds of years they were able to see things the way that they were without the interference that we have today.

We think that our lives are bound by the physical when in fact our lives are based solely on what we experience, and how far we are able to go. Without the knowledge of old, we are going to have to work harder than those of the days of old.

Peace to you...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join