It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. grows isolated on aggressive war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

By Peter Dyer

Though the U.S. political/media establishment remains in denial, an international consensus is building that the 2003 U.S. -led invasion of Iraq was a crime -- a profound and catastrophic violation of international law.

Agreed completely, there is a huge denial, and that denial is sending the US further towards wrong direction, which will make it harder and harder to come back towards the right direction.

In London, the Chilcot inquiry, the official British examination of the Iraq War, has produced powerful testimony from leading ex-government figures that Operation Iraqi Freedom was illegal and was known to be so at the time by many senior officials.

Nothing new there, but the denial is extremely real. I suspect people here in ATS will even at this time will deny it, and burry it.

Only the United Nations Security Council can legally use or authorize armed force across borders (UN Charter Article 41) unless a country has been attacked or an attack is imminent (Article 51).

The UN Security Council did not authorize the March 2003 invasion of Iraq. Neither the US nor the UK had been attacked by Iraq. Neither was there anything remotely resembling an imminent threat of Iraqi armed attack on the US or the UK

People still talk about WMD, it is so sickening to hear those retarded arguments and rhetorics extracted from FOX news here in ATS.

By the numbers the invasion of Iraq was a monstrous crime, generating massive trauma for the Iraqi people.

In the resulting conflict somewhere between 100,000 and one million people lost their lives. About four million people lost their homes.

Huge suffering in the part of Iraqi people in direct result of this aggressive/expansionist war. No one can justify this except those who let the media do the thinking for them, and they automatically become parrots, repeating the same BS over and over again, thinking somehow, and in some way it might come true.

The principle of “equal justice under the law,” so fundamental to the American way that the phrase is engraved on the front of the U.S. Supreme Court Building, is cast aside when U.S. authorities authorize the killing of foreigners in the name of national security, even when the justification is bogus.

Outside the U.S., though, momentum is building for equal justice under international criminal law.

Do you think the International community will hold the US accountable to its crimes sooner or later? Or is it too late.

Not surprisingly the permanent members of the Security Council (the ones with veto power: US, UK, France, Russia and China) were reluctant to share the power to determine aggression conferred by United Nations Charter (Article 39).

The Draft Resolution compromise provided that under certain conditions the ICC could exercise jurisdiction over aggression by States Parties, but the Security Council would have ultimate veto power.

There was one hope of the US nationals brought to justice, but that hope diminished when they pushed for the unjust VETO power again, in regards to aggression.

This is insane, the world needs to create a new organization and leave these bullies on their own to bully each other.

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

America has a huge wake up call ahead of it.

[edit on 8/8/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Dear oozyism

I could not agree more bush is a war criminal and should be brought to justice.

If the people of the US in particular feel that they are not liked in the rest of the world it is because they allowed this to happen.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The US has been completely isolated since the Vietnam war.
Only Britain has stood by America.
But not any longer.
Even Israel has never fought in any American war so definitely is no ally.

Many former staunch allies of the US such as Canada, Australia, and New Zealand have not participated in any American wars since Vietnam.

We only assist in genuine United Nations approved joint operations, such as Desert Storm, and Afghanistan, not in the crazy American military adventures orchestrated by criminals in the White House..

As the Zionist inspired coming attack on Iran should tell you.

NO OTHER NATION besides stinking little Israel will help America in this coming unprovoked attack on Iran.

Any American that thinks America (these days) leads some massive combined international force for truth and freedom, comprising numerous totally subservient allies is totally deluded.

America and Israel are now the enemy of every other nation.

Three hundred million Zionist and Zionist controlled Americans with nukes, versus almost seven billion people also with nukes.

America can kill a great many of us, but America is not going to survive this.

[edit on 8/8/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
feel free to correct me if im wrong but isnt there some kinda like article or law or somekinda thing that states that america trys its own war criminals and kinda refuses to let our troops and by extension our former chimp i mean former president
from such actions i dobut anything will come of it not saying its right or anything just saying and besides everyones uber distracted with the fact that we turned over combat dutys to the iraqi's so were done there and the american people have short memorys

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
feel free to correct me if im wrong but isnt there some kinda like article or law or somekinda thing that states that america trys its own war criminals and kinda refuses to let our troops and by extension our former chimp i mean former president
from such actions i dobut anything will come of it not saying its right or anything just saying and besides everyones uber distracted with the fact that we turned over combat dutys to the iraqi's so were done there and the american people have short memorys

Family Guy: Democracy kicks in (this is what Americans are thinking right now probably lol)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

There have been many attempts for nations to get together to discuss and form codes of behavior and draft international law.
The Geneva convention, the Nuremberg War Trials, and the United Nations, just to name three.

Americans hate all that.

They hate the Geneva convention, because it stops America from torturing prisoners and committing continual war crimes.

Americans feel they can do anything they please in a war zone, and nobody is going to tell them otherwise.

Bush tried to get a vote passed at the UN for a second invasion of Iraq, based on a total lie. Nobody believed him, but he invaded and occupied Iraq anyway (illegally).

So America has become an outlaw terrorist nation in the eyes of the world, that ignores international law, and conventions of decency, banned weapons, and human rights.
Americans simply refuse to comply with any rule of law or decency.

Americans believe that wars should be fought in any way they wish to fight them, without any moral restraint at all.

No real problem with that, except America now has no allies and no friends. left.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The U.S will (always) control the air and sea power. China and the rest of the world can think they own power. The truth is, America has been advancing for (many) years.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamiethegreat
The U.S will (always) control the air and sea power. China and the rest of the world can think they own power. The truth is, America has been advancing for (many) years.

But it won't advance without the help of the world.

If every nation was free from American Bullyism, they would advance like Iran, and that advancement would limit US advancement, because the US needs brains, not just weapons. Without brains Americanwon't have the power it has today.

So if US is isolated, America won't advance.

That is why America instead of changing to stop the isolation, it is using weapons and bullyism to stop the isolation. Which still doesn't solve the problem, it makes it worse.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
sad thing is if it gets to that point then america will come up with its own soloman plan(and thats a horrible scary freaking plan) and as far as not haveing ANY allies we got a few and we can problay keep a few for a bit longer but we have lost some gained a few but i dont think americas going any where any time soon and if we do well there goes the world cuz they will institute MADD

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
So what if a nation controls the air, the land and the sea?

These are only things.

But can you control the humans who live in the air, the land and the sea? I cannot comprehend what military colleges are teaching nowadays. It's been centuries since civilisation began, and with so much wars in between, I had thought we would have known enough not to make the mistakes of the past.

Yet Iraq, foolishly happened, not once, but TWICE!!! As if the humbling lessons learnt in Vietnam, paid hard by the sacrifices of precious young american and vietnamese lives were not enough...

Yes, one can say that the military took only days if not weeks to gain control of the air, land and sea. But did they managed to control the hearts and minds of the people?

Nope. 10 long years in Iraq and still they were nowhere one feet beyond where they started, even with culling and murdering of innocent iraqis and afghans.

Did the boffins at the military colleges ever studied the greatest general planet Earth could ever produced - Julius Caesar, in his conquest of the British Druids?

Caesar was caught in a quagmire fighting with the brits. Each time he won a territory through sheer brilliance and guts of roman soldiers against greatest enemy hordes, the brits continually won back the terrorities when the legions left.

And in supposedly pacified towns, roman merchants and sympathizers were cut down by celtic guerillas, fanned by the religious druids. One day, Caesar hit upon an idea.

Instead of arming his soldiers with swords, he handed his legions with axe and saws, and began the systematic cutting down of the trees.

To the religious animist druids, the trees were sacred and had a life. They were horrified and in terror surrended immediately. The depredations against the roman colonists stopped, and for a period of time, peace reigned, and Caesar returned to Rome in truimph.

One cannot win against beliefs with swords. You can only win by fighting beliefs using their own beliefs against them. This was the lesson taught by Caesar, but forgotten by the hi-tech junkies boffins at military colleges.

So what if Iran is surrounded by american forces and power? Had those regions surrended their soveriegnity to the brainless Military Industrial Complex?

Nope. The soldiers are limited, but the people of similar religion there are many. Should the tables be turned and inflamed by religion, it will be US that is truly surrounded instead.

So for those who still believe in might of American military might, trust those foolish pampered generals and feels confident and complacent that Iran is a winnable war, think again...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
yep
Dubya, Cheney, Rove and majority of the cabinet
need to be tried for war crimes. And throw
Dubya's lil pardon right out the window.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The Babylonian Empire ruled the known world by force, but not these days.

The Roman Empire did too.

The British Empire with it's navy ruled world trade. But not today.

The American Empire is broken, and can never now recover.

And the reason is corruption and total moral decay and apathy from within.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jamiethegreat

i guess you didnt see the new missile china got
the us carriers are obsolete so i dont know about the sea mybe thie air with the f-22 but still if you dont have a carrier to transport them and only fixed locations to launch your options have become limited the u.s will not get out of this one i predict this is the last decade of the united states of america the public and goverments of around the world are starting to get tired of this whole we can do whatever we want attitude by the usa and israel its not a question of race or religion when it comes to the israel problem its a question of can the international community continue to allow these crimes against humanity to continue they have enough blood on there hands i dont think they can and will take much more and with the u.s its a question of how can the usa try to enforce international law like with iran(even though iran has done nothing wrong) and yet refuse to follow it themselves, can someone say do as i say not as i do the usa how no more allies and when its crunch time the uk, canada, france will walk away from there the usa, and look back and say we could not and will not allow you to continue breaking international not saying the uk has not, but i think in the big picture this is the set up for a world goverment they shall by they i mean the tptb will say this is why we need a one world goverment we shall see how it plays out

[edit on 8-8-2010 by truth_of_truth]

[edit on 8-8-2010 by truth_of_truth]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
who will support Israel and the US?

I will march and burn down the Houses of Parliament if my country ever supports America and Israel.

What is going to happen to convince us to invade Iran?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by truth_of_truth

The idealism of the noble US founding fathers will last for eternity amongst mankind.

But for far too long, it had been twisted by the elites to fool the masses while enriching themselves, and many other nations had woken up to such manipulations by the military industrial complex.

Greed is necessary to progress, but its overwelhming and overarching stretch of greed, even at the expense of human lives, baulks even other democratic govts who needs the tech and capital by the industrialists, more so from an awakened humanity burnt to crisp by the recent financial disasters, even amongst its own american citizens.

The NWO, the military and medical industrial complex had failed themselves and humanity. Any further warring will only doom mankind as humanity turns its guns against its masters instead.

World's humanity understand too Israel need to survive. But so far, it had only been threats from a nutcase puppet. It's own adventure and incursions, as well as its acess to nuke and american might, into other territories had largely been watched with closed eyes for the sake of peace, of humanity wearied by wars and fighting.

If it continues its belligerance and a right to strike first, then it will be on their heads will the axe of condemnation falls. The holocaust was real and a terrible deed, but sympathy ends when Israel starts behaving like their oppressors to others.

The war will not be won by bullets, but by hearts and minds. It will take years, but after years of violence that got the Middle East nowhere, why fear another few more years of peaceful dialogues to elevate the lives of humanity there, for both jews and arabs?

Darth Vader Cheny had said once that one will have to grab someone's balls and their hearts and minds will follow.

So did Iraq's balls, grabbed by him, managed to make them follow, or were that even without balls, the Iraqis arent about to give a # to american inept MIC imperialism and instead had play pocket billards with Cheny's balls by using him and precious american lives to do what they could not do - oust the brutal infidel Sadam and reclaim theocratic rule, either by sunnis or shias?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

i do agree that the ideals on which this country was built were noble and just and also agree that the greed and no consideration for human life have completely destroyed the ideals of this country and one must wonder if the public is to blame (i feel they do) for allowing themselves to be subject to all these actions we could have easily impeached bush for the illegal war but because most of the public is not well informed and still believe that the goverment is there for there protection we have these horrible acts that can be justified with a few edited videos, i think the nwo are knowingly causing war as most of us will agree and the medical industry is only here to keep us sick and enslaved cant have the sheeple thinking for themselves now can we i think in the end the united states will not survive but depending on who makes it to the other side will be able to either they will say that this country lost its way and allowed its self to be bought by the banks and companies but the fundamental ideas where correct or they will say that this country was evil from the start, like they say history is written by the victors one thing is for sure the united states will not survive unless its people take a stand

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
You get the government you deserve.

Scary, huh ?

new topics

top topics

join