It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In search of the Isle of the Priestesses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I have indeed, been romanced by the legend of the Isle of Avalon... does anyone else out there share my same sentiments?

Does anyone think its possible to 'think' the Isle back into existance? Somehow? Someway...bring the goddesses and gods of old back to earth? Hmm? Reawaken them? well.theoretically- they are never really 'of' the earth...but I imagine that once upon a time....
Humans were muc more connected and in touch with these ancient energies. What has happend to us! (Maybe its just me.) Do you think me crazy now??

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Uhmmm... No.

Great story, but really, a story.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The way the fables go one day when the time comes king arthur and avalon will come back, so i think i;m just gonna sit back and wait or you just start digging into torr hill in england

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Avalon didn't exist. It was the figment of a writer's imagination.

The "gods" were figments of the imaginations of those who wished to control their subjects.

Logically, there was a Creator but He's never gone away so there's nothing there to "bring back."

www.onealclan.com (Bible Code website)

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Agreed with the others -- Avalon is a part of the Arthurian cycle... the very Christian Arthurian cycle, in fact, and there were no gods or goddesses associated with it. It's as fictional as Hogwarts.

Marion Zimmer Bradley (who was a pagan) wrote a very good book about it, as I recall.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I to must agree with the others.
But perhaps one day we will create a real Avalon. Populated with learned souls. Dedicated to the health and prosperity of all.

It is said that the gods favor those who help themselves.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Why not create it? I own a few businesses in the southeastern US, and when I find something that people are interested in and have a steady fan base(ala King Arthur, especially with new movie coming out) I take advantage of it. I am surprised someone in UK hasn't alreay established a Camelot or Avalon. Much like we do here with like Civil War days or the Colonial Village in Williamsburg. The people live in the village like they did in the 1700's. Pretty neat, but a Camelot would be cooler. Give it a purpose to make it like the legend of Camelot......then charge $10 a head to pay for it all.

Does anyone have something like this in UK? I would be down for the King Arthurland.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by undergrounddaily
Why not create it? I own a few businesses in the southeastern US, and when I find something that people are interested in and have a steady fan base(ala King Arthur, especially with new movie coming out) I take advantage of it. I am surprised someone in UK hasn't alreay established a Camelot or Avalon. Much like we do here with like Civil War days or the Colonial Village in Williamsburg. The people live in the village like they did in the 1700's. Pretty neat, but a Camelot would be cooler. Give it a purpose to make it like the legend of Camelot......then charge $10 a head to pay for it all.

Does anyone have something like this in UK? I would be down for the King Arthurland.

Eeewww.. you American's can be soooo tacky!!

seriously though there is a Camelot based theme park in Lancashire, but not a major one. you never know.. maybe there's an opportunity for you!

top topics

join