Who Gets This Many Vacations A Year?

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Who Gets This Many Vacations A Year?

newsbusters.org

Check out how many Obama vacations there has been since taking office in Jan. '09
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It seemed to me that every time I turn around, one or both of the Obamas are going on "vacation". So I thought, is it me? Or are they really going on a lot of vacations? I did a quick Google search and I came up with 11 so far, and another coming up later this month. Here's a list, in chronological order:

07/09 Martha's Vinyard
08/09 Grand Canyon
11/09 Virgin Islands
12/09 Hawaii
04/10 N. Carolina
5/10 Chicago
6/10 Malibu
7/10 Las Vegas
7/10 Maine
8/10 Florida
8/10 Spain
coming up...
Another trip to Martha's Vinyard

12 vacations in 19 months? That averages out to a vacation every six weeks! And my, my my... quite the continental jetsetters, those Obama's. They sure know how to party! Why go to a tired old camp or ranch when you can go to exciting getaways like Spain, Martha's Vinyard and Vegas? And with each trip mostly paid for by you and me for the jet fuel, "aides", etc. (Just a few hundred thousand. We can handle that 7 or 8 times a year, right?)

Now I know you sensitive Obama fans out there will start pointing out Bush's questionable vacation time, but don't bother because TWO WRONGS DO NOT MAKE IT RIGHT!

There are 15 million unemployed people in this country - most with NO HOPE of finding a job other than cashier at Target, and darn lucky to get that. No paid vacation, either!

I suppose the people in the tent cities are to consider themselves on permanent vacation and stop whining.

newsbusters.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

Goodness gracious! Another one! (thread about Shelly's vacations)

2nd line cuz, well, cuz.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
while I agree with your rant
I'd also like to point out that
some of those vacations you
are referring to were only weekend
getaways. 2-3 days max.

The longest one was Hawaii
for Christmas and New Years
as most people take off 2 weeks.
He only took 11 days.

In Obama's first yr in office
he took 26 days vacation
according to factcheck.
That's a hell of a lot less than
Bush took.

But I do agree it's rather bad taste to go
on vacation while the US suffers
in this depression. Bad choice.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

What about the Valentines Day weekend last year in Chicago.

Don't forget the date night on Broadway that one time.

Just saying......if you're gonna keep count...........keep a proper count.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Even a long weekend getaway is like a vacation. Lucky aren't they?

My sister and her hubby take four holidays each year with half being overseas... plus numerous long weekends to break the monotony.

I haven't had a vacation since 1990, pensioned off for injuries followed by 16 years as a male single parent, 24/7. Seems we don't get to have a holiday since we don't 'seem' to be worth enough to afford one.

Such is Life apparently

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
You people might want to take a look at the vacation schedule of the last President before you start throwing stones at the new one.

Especially note WHEN the last President took his 'leisure time'...

Just sayin...

peace

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Being President sure is full of fun..

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Most Presidents take too many vacations. The world is falling apart and they're off playing golf, flying around in private jets, eating at world famous restaurants, bathing in blood in front of creepy owl statues or whatever sick crap goes on at "Bohemian Grove..."

Making backroom power broker deals and giving bankers anus massages is tiring work. These people are elite. Vacation is what they do. That's the whole point behind keeping some of us around: So that somebody can get the work done while they relax.

I'm sure some overworked General who's dedicated a few decades of his life to protecting the country while dodging political bullcrap from both sides of the aisle was taking care of the important stuff while Obama was getting his manicures or whatever it is he does with all that vacation time.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
In Obama's first yr in office
he took 26 days vacation

Wow.

I get more vacation time than the President of the United States. Who knew?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
www.sourcewatch.org...:_The_War_President_is_Missing_in_Action

Seems like Bush has the record...but wait...ohh.yeh...its only a problem when Obama does it...ooops my bad.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
www.sourcewatch.org...:_The_War_President_is_Missing_in_Action

Seems like Bush has the record...but wait...ohh.yeh...its only a problem when Obama does it...ooops my bad.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Just think of it this way

If he's on holiday he's not screwing up the country even more than it already is

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

If you voted for him, then please don't cry in regards to what he does. American Democracy, 4 more years of dictator ship.

GREAT

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I take that many holidays lol last 3 months anyways
but i work at the hospital for good $$$$/hour not outta tax payers money

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Anyone is a fool if they don't realise that even on a break, the President will still have to be in touch etc. Unlike most of us who can just ditch the responsibilities.
Plus teachers in the UK get as much holiday for sure!
And I'm talking solid chunks of holiday - not just long weekends.
www.guardian.co.uk...

In defence, teachers often say they have to do work at home - like course preparation, marking etc. Well tough doodoo. Welcome to the real world.
Many of us work much longer hours with a fraction of the holidays AND have to do work at home. And in jobs that are even more stressful.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by starchild10]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This just seems like either a thread of where someone doesn't know how things work, or someone looking for an excuse about the president having vacations either way its not unusual, and BTW this is why most people don't get whats going on.

This is NOT news, this is actually supposed to be the benefits of being the president. CEO's, Executives have the same or even more vacation time, and I'm sure that they have more or less the same effect on the economy and well being of our country.

Peace to you...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Wow 26 days off a year and there's still people complaining. What a sad waste of effort.

edit: what's this?

7/10 Las Vegas
7/10 Maine
8/10 Florida
8/10 Spain

doubling up? tsk tsk.

[edit on 8/8/2010 by mythatsabigprobe]

top topics

join