It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation... Could it be a hoax ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by slopeofyourmind

You're right, the residents of Hiroshima and Nagasaki may not have been affected much by the invasion. But the overall casualties would have been far, far greater than those in the two cities. Better that millions of Japanese in other locations were killed instead?

Casualty predictions varied widely but were extremely high for both sides: depending on the degree to which Japanese civilians resisted the invasion, estimates ran into the millions for Allied casualties and tens of millions for Japanese casualties.

en.wikipedia.org...

Estimates, yes. But these were the number being looked at when the decision was made. Easy for us to do the second guessing now. We can only hope that no one ever has to, or makes, the same decision again.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If we had to invade the main islands of Japan, we would have suffered losses on a scale far greater than all the other island invasions. Who knows, we may have even ran out of troops ourselves.
ww2db.com...

Because Japanese geography did not provide many invasion beaches, the Japanese organized a strong defense, particularly at Kyushu. Over 10,000 aircraft of various types and sizes were prepared as kamikaze aircraft. Underground networks of bunkers and caves stored food, water, and thousands of tons of ammunition. 2,350,000 regular soldiers and 250,000 garrison troops were deployed, 900,000 of which were stationed in Kyushu by Aug 1945. 32,000,000 militia, in other words all males between the age of 15 and 60 and all females between 17 and 45, were given the task to supplement the regular military; their weapons include everything from antique bronze cannons to Arisaka rifles, from bamboo spears to Model 99 light machine guns. Perhaps the eeriest fact was that after the war the United States discovered even children were trained to become suicide bombers when necessarily, strapping explosives around their torsos and rolling under the treads of American tanks.

The underground networks mentioned in what I pasted, from the link, hardly does justice to subterranean Japan. There are massive, naturally occuring underground systems, mines from 100s of years before or longer, and bunkers built specifically for military purpose.

edit to clean up the spelling.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by tamusan]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

If that's true the US would have never won. Not like in Iraq or Vietnam.
They would be exterminated. Well... those who set foot on shore.

It sounds like the Terrorist and insurgents are like a picnic in the park compared to the Japanese.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

You mean like a transition from one thing to another is the source of the power ?

Tell me this.
Isn't radiation in the form of alpha and beta actually electricity.

This is one of ways Tesla would make electricity without an engine.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I'm not sure, but the explanation of gamma rays appears to say that gamma waves are more the like electromagnetic spectrum.

Forgive my ignorance ? I would really appreciate a simple explanation of what you mean.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by slopeofyourmind

You're right, the residents of Hiroshima and Nagasaki may not have been affected much by the invasion. But the overall casualties would have been far, far greater than those in the two cities. Better that millions of Japanese in other locations were killed instead?

Casualty predictions varied widely but were extremely high for both sides: depending on the degree to which Japanese civilians resisted the invasion, estimates ran into the millions for Allied casualties and tens of millions for Japanese casualties.

en.wikipedia.org...

Estimates, yes. But these were the number being looked at when the decision was made. Easy for us to do the second guessing now. We can only hope that no one ever has to, or makes, the same decision again.

Casualty predictions are absurd.

We don't know how many would have died if we did not drop the bombs, it's fun to say the bombs saved us a lot more death and destruction.

Then again, we dropped those bombs on civilian cities. Does that mean we condone dropping A-bombs on civilian cities if it means avoiding a hard war?

Is that the US position or do we officially regret dropping them?

What's scarier:
1. A terrorist blowing himself up killing 5.
2. A terrorist dropping an atomic bomb killing 30,000 instantly and destroying a city?

Who are we? Why isn't it terrorism when we do it just because our bomb is bigger?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I'm not sure, but the explanation of gamma rays appears to say that gamma waves are more the like electromagnetic spectrum.

Forgive my ignorance ? I would really appreciate a simple explanation of what you mean.

Perhaps gamma waves are sound waves in the ether.
The gamma frequency is very high due to the atomic origin.
The voltage levels to produce them are not known to me.
However Tesla produced very high voltages and the particles
going off his one terminal X-Ray type tube have never been
investigated to our knowledge.

A similar tube is proposed by a Mr Lyne as pulling the Tesla
airship, perhaps the so called UFO aircraft, in horizontal
or edgewise flight.
Gamma so far are not particles but due do to the self imposed
duality of Relativistic science some day we might say particle.

ED: So alpha and beta can't be a hoax in regards to existence
because you can make electricity from them. The Illuminati
just neglected to tell us of the possibility. Perhaps by way
of telling us about their wave theories.
ED+: I did mention that particles or cosmic particles of Tesla
from mostly from the Sun was deduced by Tesla to cause
radiation and ions in the air. That is science.
And he said so in publications.

[edit on 8/21/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

If that would be true would it not mean that gamma rays could be a perfect conduit for electromagnetic fields ? Is this not one of the key problems for the electric universe theory ?

Of course there is still Aether which isn't a proven thing.
Could these gamma or radio waves also travel in different frequencies, like AM and FM. That could explain the lack negatively charged particles coming from the sun. Invisible for us but simply in another frequency ?

I could be completely talking BS of course. I'm just speculating.
With my limited knowledge this can grow in to unimaginable proportions...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

I've read somewhere that the official explanation does not include regret.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well star light can be seen from many angles.
Well stars are big.

From what I heard of gamma rays(?) is that they are like
projectiles going off in one direction or is that just in those
particle diagrams.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

particle diagrams.

A gamma ray burst does go in one direction, but your everyday gamma rays travels in waves, right ? Stars shine in all directions all the time.

Honestly ?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I do apologize but I could not read all the posts on this thread. I couldn't because the idea of a Hoax is ridiculous to me and I really only have so much "reserve" brain space left. LOL

OK, here is what I know to be true, I don't have links and I don't have references. Just think about it with a fundamental sense of "common sense".

First here is a tidbit that you can find on the internet if you like, "Did you know that a Chicken can take 100% more radiation than a Human?" Yes, it is true, you see the chicken is running around with a fabulous thing called feathers, and feathers are a perfect insulator that can be adjusted at will.

All animals have insulators that Humans (well most humans) do not. Fur, feathers, or scales are part of their bodies but they are only fed by blood during their growing process, once matured they are literally "dead material" designed to insulate. These fabulous coats are used to insulate from heat, cold, and radiation (solar or otherwise). As for the food they ingest that carries radiation, well seeing a herd of deer one year does not mean it is the same herd of deer the following year. Without physical tracking devices we may never know if migration patterns overshadow the death rates from exposure. Not all food sources are going to hold or absorb radiation, but from what I have read there is an increase in radiation detected in the Wild Boar caught by hunters in the Ukraine and surrounding areas. (this could be linked, but my brain is still overloaded)

Does that help with the question on pg 1 ? I didn't read further on so if this was mentioned later I do apologize for that.

Seriously though, why would you think that Japan would go to the extremes of actually sacrificing people? I was always under the impression that after the War they simply just started teaching Japanese children that they had "won" the war in order to appease their "abundant patriotism" and eagerness to protect themselves even if it meant death. A very Noble people in my eyes!

Radiation is not a good thing if it is not contained, sadly people are blinded by the Evil that exists within them. (this part was my closing opinion only)

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Well, it actually makes a lot of sense the insulation part.
So yes it helps.

I'd like to know how you get the idea that I claim radiation to be a hoax.

I thought I've mentioned a couple of good arguments and the part where I bring in the hoax idea. Well... Could it be and a ?. Isn't that enough to show that I meant it as alternative possibility without suggesting it to be true.

Please enlighten me when I screwed up because you are not the only one that misunderstood my intentions.

By the way your answer on question 1 is the best one I've heard

Kind regards

~ Sinter

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

You are absolutely right, it is amazing the way words have a way of molding into an impression and then as the information is added an assumption was made and I could no longer go forward.

I stand corrected, you did not base your writing on the belief that Radiation is a Hoax. I am so Sorry! Wow, my brain just flipped a switch and I was in LaLa Land! LOL

Forgive me, I assumed the message was the same as the messenger and you clearly spelled that out as not the case. I should have not jumped to conclusion based on a title or the information in parts.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Don't worry about it. It happens to me to occasionally.

For an example of my stupidity... Click This Link.

What can I say...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

To the original question there is a relative abundance of information on the net showing quite clearly that low dosages of radiation ( natural background radiation varies greatly) has a beneficial effect in that they mobilize the 'immune system' (a gross simplification) in excess of the likely harmful effects.

Natural background radiation

The level of natural background radiation varies depending on location, and in some areas the level is significantly higher than average.[3] Such areas include Ramsar in Iran, Guarapari in Brazil, Kerala in India,[4], the northern Flinders Ranges in Australia[5] and Yangjiang in China.[6] In Ramsar a peak yearly dose of 260 mSv has been reported (compared with 0.06 of a Chest radiograph).[7] The highest levels of natural background radiation recorded in the world till date is from areas around Ramsar, particularly at Talesh-Mahalleh which is a very high background radiation area (VHBRA) having an effective dose equivalent several times in excess of ICRP-recommended radiation dose limits for radiation workers and up to 200 times greater than normal background levels. Most of the radiation in the area is due to dissolved Radium-226 in water of hot springs along with smaller amounts of Uranium and Thorium due to travertine deposits.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are in my reading sufficient evidence to suggest that we are naturally rather more resistant to radiation effects than is widely known and with proper vitamin/mineral intakes as well, or coupled with, proper procedures and equipment&knowledge of how to avoid ingesting/inhaling ( which is obviously a good way to to into trouble fast) and avoiding prompt weapon effects fallout is no serious threat to the short or long term survival of the militarized states of the west, the RF and former SSR's. Add to that list the Korea's, China and Japan and i think most people will be quite surprised to see how many people not only survives but how many countries could sustain nuclear wars/absorb attacks in the long term.

As to the issue of a invasion of the Japanese home islands the events on Okinawa were very suggestive of not only high allied casualties but massive Japanese civilian casualties.

Having said that the nuclear weapons were not required to gain a Japanese surrender and the nukes were used because they could be but mostly, in my opinion&reading due to the fact that the Soviet Union needed to know that the allied leaders were capable and would nuke Germany, France and whatever else needed to be to keep it out of Soviet hands.

Needless to say Stalin got the message and the SU/USSR spent the next 45 years preparing their entire country, unlike the US, to fight and win a actual nuclear war. But that's going quite some way off topic so let me stop right there.

Stellar

[edit on 24-8-2010 by StellarX]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

particle diagrams.

A gamma ray burst does go in one direction, but your everyday gamma rays travels in waves, right ? Stars shine in all directions all the time.

Honestly ?

From quantum theory light is made by potential or voltage jumps in
the atom and acts as a point source sending waves in all directions.

I'm not that up an Gamma ray production in the nucleus but did
assume a particle trajectory. I suppose this is due to the high
frequency. Something in the transmission medium prevents the
spread perhaps.

Very high voltages but not Sun high should send out particles
or waves. X Rays are given off from the second terminal or
target terminal in a high voltage blast from a Tesla coil.
Thus the coil send out particles to a target who's atoms vibrate
and send out X Rays that are not that directional and more
like waves.

Yeah from the many science diagrams given us in schooling
the gamma appears as a wave with direction.
The Cosmic Rays of Tesla are actually high speed particles that
he assumes caused ionization (100 to 500 per cu cm) in the
air to perhaps radiation. UV rays just above light can cause
DNA damage and atomic instability in some atoms and
compounds.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join