It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of the missing Wikipedia page

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It appears that the attacks from Hackerjohn may be a organized effort by a website: Vigilant Citizen.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
That is the first time I have edited a Wiki page...Dave Rabbit is no longer affiliated with our site - to whomever placed that there-.

I may go back and scrape for grammatical errors...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ignore me

I thought the page showed deleted - but must be one of the links

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Silk]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by maskfan

egads, the person edited into the thing that sometimes ats posts a picture of a dead useless member at the top of the page and that currently it is william one ball. : /

that's not a useful criticism of ATS, in fact, it's ugly

True, but in fact we should not have the fact that there is a photo of William One Sac on an ATS page there at all. It is irrelevant to the objective reporting about ATS as notable. Interesting to us, but not relevant in a broader sense.

Unfortunately, I think the ATS page is going to be getting a lot of unwelcome edits. If we persevere we might be able to win the war, but I have a feeling it may be a long battle.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Can we use this CBC radio story that mentions ATS and interviews an ATS user to help establish "notability?"

media.abovetopsecret.com...

edited to add:

I'm all for ATS growing and spreading the news.
I'm even willing to put some time and energy into maintaining/editing the wikipedia page...

But would it really be worth it?
I mean, wikipedia would be a score if your searched for "conspiracy" and ATS came up.

But searching for ATS is silly, just go to ATS
Searching for ATS on google, if there was a Wiki page, I reckon would make ATS second in the results, below wiki. That's silly too.

So what are we trying to accomplish here, by doing anything?

[edit on 10-8-2010 by briantaylor]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
"Notability is not temporary: once a topic has been the subject of "significant coverage" in accordance with the general notability guideline, it does not need to have ongoing coverage."

This sentence is the key to ATS having a wikipedia page, if it wants one.

Quote taken from Notability guidlines
en.wikipedia.org...:Notability#General_notability_guideline

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor
Can we use this CBC radio story that mentions ATS and interviews an ATS user to help establish "notability?"

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Excellent find. I think that is a pretty good source for our notability.

Good job.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Thanks, but it wasn't actually a find. I put it there.
I don't think we could find the old link to it, so we might not be able to use it.

I've searched the CBC website where this program came from and not found it archived or mentioned in anyway.

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, I just think they haven't archived it.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
It appears that the attacks from Hackerjohn may be a organized effort by a website: Vigilant Citizen.

Why do you say that? What would the Vigilant citizen gain from this? Where is the proof?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is one way to be mischievous, but at the same time it is actually a pointer to a site that otherwise might not make it on Wiki,

encyclopediadramatica.com...
It is a rude, and supposedly funny, (only not really funny) makeover of Wiki. It is a wholly fiction site based on added on script and not factual in its premise.

Encyclopediadramatica however, does have a long standing page on the "real" Wiki in its own right.

en.wikipedia.org...

as of now, that site's external links on Wiki are oversubscribed, and should be lessened.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Now that is funny and can be used as something to really mock ATS. All in jest though!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
OMG this is straight off that Encyclopediadramatica site.

They are very quick to rush up info. Although offensive, very ingenius in its own right. Here is a portion of the site.

Above top secret in a desperate attempt to make some money has put "girls" on their site. They will talk on and on about crap nobody cares about, kind of like real life girls. The one on the left Asala is a cheap whore who only got accepted into the conspiracy circle because she claimed her father was a Gray Alien but that was just a twist of the truth. He was actually a gay Alien and by Alien she meant dirty cock sucking Romanian immagrant. She became a mod on above top secret by posting bang up threads about Seeing shooting stars with a friend which is total bull # because the rest of her threads are bout her dogs and cats and any woman with cats has no girl friends and any woman with dogs has no interest in men. The other one AshleyD earned her mod stripes by creating custom avatars. Just for kicks it is always fun to go ask her to make you one of her toothless trailer park ass sucking cock for Meth money, when she says no just tell her you have the polaroid of her from the texas rest stop you just want her to trace it.

This is probably more of a problem that the Wikipedia attacks as this out rightly attacks all on ATS. (but funny if you have a sense of humor)

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Some one has defaced it.

The website continues to grow as a hub of discussions on a variety of topics, occasionally forming new forum sections for large news stories, such as the Gulf of Mexico oil spill or Deepwater Horizon Drilling Disaster. There is currently an initiative in the works to use various species of birds from North America to soak up the oil spill. The birds and their feathers act as a natural sponge and will help with the cleanup effort. Although, no one really cares if its cleaned up because its funny.

bolding for attention.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join