It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The “Original” Foo Fighter Photo – Is It “Real”?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
You're a man of many faces MMN, lol.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
"The “Original” Foo Fighter Photo – Is It “Real”?"

the real questions everyone should be asking is :

during WW1 and WW2 did the DoD/Army try to find out what the Foo's really were and where is the documentation and photographic evidence from the investigation ? and do you have a need to know ?

possible Foo's spotted in a old documentary by the late Jeff Challender
keyholepublishing.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Last night I tried to find WW I pilot accounts or pics of Foos easynow, I came up with nothing.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric
Last night I tried to find WW I pilot accounts or pics of Foos easynow, I came up with nothing.

you will find some "pilot accounts" if you dig deep enough.

www.rense.com...

i don't suppose anything else i said was important ? nahhh

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Arbitrageur

What is fire?
What is lightening?
What do you see in a light bulb or a florescent tube?
What is the Sun or any star made of?

Poet1b.....

Plasma, plasma, plasma & plasma.

There is "hot" plasma.

There is "cold" plasma.

In fact, 98% of all matter in the universe is plasma.

So.....what's your point?

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
ATS Team:

Here's an interesting video.

Look at the "Foo Fighter" at 1.50.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Yes, I came across that clip too,

I don't think we can rule out bug in this case, but who knows...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric
Yes, I came across that clip too,

I don't think we can rule out bug in this case, but who knows...

Heliocentric.....

I agree.....

A bug cannot be excluded based on that video.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
just my opinion - but " bug " is an unlikley explaination

its on an aircraft carrier , during lauch operations so its steaming into the wind

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Here's the same clip, but better definition:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

Heliocentric.....

Thanks for that!

I think that looks even a little more "bug like" in your version.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
just my opinion - but " bug " is an unlikley explaination its on an aircraft carrier , during lauch operations so its steaming into the wind

Ignorant Ape.....

If you watch the higher res version closely a few times, it could be argued the "object" accelerates as it gets to the right hand side of the field of view.

This could be consistent with a bug getting blown back around towards the camera.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Arbitrageur

What is fire?
What is lightening?
What do you see in a light bulb or a florescent tube?
What is the Sun or any star made of?

Poet1b.....
Plasma, plasma, plasma & plasma.
There is "hot" plasma.
There is "cold" plasma.
In fact, 98% of all matter in the universe is plasma.

So.....what's your point?
I've seen one UFO on ATS I'm over 99% sure is a plasma UFO:

Originally posted by Psynarchist

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c7bcc92985c.jpg[/atsimg]

So I'm not objecting to the existence of plasma UFO photos, I think that IS such a photo. If there were plasma UFOs following the B2 bomber with its electrified wings, I could understand why, the wings are intentionally electrified on the B2, but even on that aircraft I've never heard of plasma balls following the plane though if such a phenomenon were to occur with any plane, the B2 would be at the top of my list of suspects where it could possibly happen.

On other planes where the wings or fuselage is not intentionally electrified, it seems less likely to occur. I understand how Venus or a mirage can follow a plane (I mean appear to follow it), but I don't know how a plasma ball can follow a plane, unless the plane itself is generating the plasma.

Regarding plasma life forms, it would surely be an exciting discovery if we were to find such a life form, but until we do, it seems pretty speculative. The problem with plasma in the earth's atmosphere is that it is highly unstable. The plasma UFO I pictured above lasted only a few seconds. There are reasons why it's hard for plasma to exist much longer than this in the Earth's atmosphere. Lightning likewise is short lived. According to this article, ball lightning is stable enough to last up to 10 seconds:

www.ucm.es...

While amazing, that's not long enough to explain foo fighter accounts. Plasma in Earth's atmosphere can last longer if sustained by an external power source, but these foo fighters were often described as only a few inches in diameter, so that really limits how much of a power source can be packed in that small of a space if there was an internal power source generating plasma.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by Heliocentric

Heliocentric.....

Thanks for that!

I think that looks even a little more "bug like" in your version.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not
Having taken some long boat rides to offshore oil rigs in the gulf of Mexico (When I couldn't get a helicopter), I can tell you that seagulls like to follow boats around in the ocean. So when i see a whitish thing like that flying around a boat, a seagull is the first thing that pops in to my mind. Of course it could still be a bug, I'm just adding my personal experience on ocean going vessels.

Yes thanks Heliocentric, the higher resolution version is a lot different, as in the lower resolution version it looks like the object disappears into the clouds, whereas it clearly doesn't on the better version.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Seagull, huh? Well, perhaps...

Had I seen that white blob let go of a smaller white blob that hit one of the sailors in the head, and seen him yell and shake his fist at the blob, I would have been convinced.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Heliocentric]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Interesting vids guys.

It looks as if the same kinds of objects/crafts are still flying around today, which doesn’t surprise me of course.

Here are a few examples of them during some military parades of Mexico.

It’s for some here better to start the video at 0:50.

Listen also very carefully to what the “investigador” says.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
it is said that "a picture is worth a thousand words." ok. but i say that a picture can be misrepresented with but a handful of words. most people people would not jump straight to the conclusion that the anomalies in the picture are ufos unless someone, somewhere said something like, "look at the ufos in this picture!" someone sooner or later would have said it anyway, but since it was said sooner than later it really took hold. i mean the photo was taken during WWII so might those bright splotches be exploding aircraft, bombs, or perhaps flak??? i really don't know, but ufos would not be my first interpretation.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
ATS Team:

Here’s another case that’s a bit interesting…..& a bit odd…..

Revisiting the 1990 Greifsweld (Germany) “Plasma” UFO’s

Some might suggest these objects exhibit similarities to the “Foo Fighters”.

Here is a fairly comprehensive MUFON report:

The "Greifswald Lights"

Example for a Class B UFO report

by Illobrand von Ludwiger

On August 24, 1990, many independent witnesses observed formations of luminous spheres in the sky near the city of Greifswald, located close to the coast of the Baltic Sea. Many eyewitness reports backed up by videos and photographs make this case one of the best documented sightings in Europe.

Although the degree of strangeness in this case is not very high, no scientific explanation has been found to date. Some skeptics have tried to reduce the characteristics of this phenomenon to known one. But, so far, no one has successfully explained all the data observed and documented. The skeptics seem to be satisfied with any possible explanation. But from a scientific point of view a possibility is only the starting point for gathering evidence and the search for confirmation. In the ”Greifswald case” no convincing explanations for any hypothesis could be found.

Etc...

The report concluded as follows:

The characteristics of the phenomena make it impossible to explain the appearance by military maneuvers. If the smaller objects were ammunition flying to the bright objects acting as a target, then the smaller objects would have exploded inside this group or flown through it. No one can explain, how one can stop a body in the air to zero speed without losing height. Until today nobody has come forward and claimed being the creator of these phenomena. Although different possibilities were considered, not one of them could account for all the different details reported, and nobody has been able to reproduce light formations like those observed near Greifswald.

Please follow this link to the full report:

www.mufon-ces.org...

Here is a map from the MUFON report illustrating the location of the objects as verified from several viewing points:

Here are 2 videos of the Greifweld objects, as posted by dlifesjrny & easynow, in dlifesjrny’s thread:

Plasma UFO's~ Greifswald, East Germany Date: August 24, 1990

The “activity” between the period of 40-48 sec’s is interesting:

45.0 sec: 1st new object appears at right

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a73e674d8914.jpg[/atsimg]

45.5 sec: 1st new object moves left towards group

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b21c49b0defe.jpg[/atsimg]

46.0 sec: 1st new object has disappeared.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eaf839b79bd8.jpg[/atsimg]

47.0 sec: 2nd new object appears at right

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0e431ab6fcf.jpg[/atsimg]

48.0 sec: 2nd new object has disappeared

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/668120372507.jpg[/atsimg]

UFO Greifswald Lights - August 24, 1990 Germany

Here is a video of a similar phenomena that was observed in Russia several years later.

UFO Over St Petersburg, Russia 19th February 1997

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

So it seems as if the "Foo Fighters" have never left us and have been around for a while.

Good stuff there MMN.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
ATS Team:

Well.....

Notwithstanding our very interesting discussion of the fascinating topic of "Foo Fighters" or "Plasma UFOs".....

It appears we are no closer to identifying the source of the original photo:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06ec261206c1.jpg[/atsimg]

In addition to the information derived herein, I have used an image search engine & looked through 40 or so links to try to find such info, but I can see nothing to validate the source of this image.

Therefore, without strong source info.....indeed any source info..... this appears to bring us back to our impressions of the image.

At this juncture there seems to be a reasonable "divide" amongst members as to whether or not the image is "real" or "fake".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join