It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The “Original” Foo Fighter Photo – Is It “Real”?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

I don't really think we are doing that, simply by discussing the nature of Foo Fighters.

No, you're right. I wasn't suggesting that was the opinion of the sceptical minds posting in this thread.

But many of those pilots were treated with distrust by their military hierarchy, and society has kind of swept the whole thing under the carpet for half a century. Somehow I feel we owe it to those pilots to at least TRY to scientifically study the phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

Heliocentric.....

It happened.

Well.....I'm not sure we can state that unequivocally

The objects these men saw were real

May I ask what you mean when you use the word "real" in this context?

even if just ONE of these incidents were real and all the others merely optical illusions, it changes everything.

Yes.....it certainly does.

60 years is enough time of dilly-dallying

In stating there has been "enough time of dilly-dallying", you seem to be suggesting we should be doing something.

So.....what is it that you suggest we should be doing?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Ufoorbhunter.....
It's very nice to see you drop by!

I know this "orb" topic is very important to you.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Hello Maybe...maybe not. Excellent idea bringing up the foo photo.
Yes the orb topic does play on the mind constantly and this foo fighter stuff seems so similar to the lights seen all over the Planet Earth and in space.

ufoorbhunter.....

Yes.....

I still ponder that which you have written about your "orb" (Foo?) sightings & experiences.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

In stating there has been "enough time of dilly-dallying", you seem to be suggesting we should be doing something.

So.....what is it that you suggest we should be doing?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

How about if we put Stephen Hawkins in a SR-71, send him up there to try to figure it out ?

Seriously, the game plan is for the scientific community to figure out. I'm sure they can think of something, and I'll be there to give a helping hand if needed.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well, if there's one thing we know how to do here on ATS, it's smear some random lines on a lousy photo and draw some ridiculous conclusions. So that's what I did. I found a slightly better quality image from a Japanese blog site, and marked it up.

"FOO FIGHTER IMAGE WITH LINEAR FEATURES HIGHLIGHTED"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/3aa322aa76b3bf74.gif[/atsimg]

And the ridiculous conclusion I'm drawing is that these are some kind of kites or buoys, possibly used for training pilots to fly in close formation.

So there. Solved. Debunked. Hooray for me.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The cropping of the photo is also different in this version, which shoots down my theory that the photographer centered the frame on the objects.

My critics were right!

Starred for finding a better version of the thread topic photo.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Heliocentric]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here is a list of books on the subject. Apparently, this goes back to Airships.

www.afu.info...

Of course, there is that old story about the burning bush, could it have been a Foo Fighter?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I disagree with those sentiments wholeheartedly.

Pilots were witnessing balls of light. Tiny balls of light. It was as if the things had no structure to them at all.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CheapShotArtist
Pilots were witnessing balls of light. Tiny balls of light. It was as if the things had no structure to them at all.
That's my understanding.

Originally posted by Heliocentric
60 years is enough time of dilly-dallying, It happened. The objects these men saw were real, and even if just ONE of these incidents were real and all the others merely optical illusions, it changes everything.
You are calling them objects. I thought they were described as lights? We don't know if they were objects or not. If the story mentioned in the article linked to the OP is true (and that's a big IF according to the author), apparently not:

B-17 Number 026 closed rapidly with a number of discs; the pilot attempted to evade an imminent collision with the objects, but was unsuccessful in his maneuver. He reported at the intelligence debriefing that his right wing "went directly through a cluster with absolutely no effect on engines or plane surface."

Note also that at least one plane was alleged to have flown through clusters of the discs "with absolutely no effect," suggesting that, like radar deflecting strips and their ilk, there was very little weight or mass to them.

I think science did do something about the BOAC Labrador "Foo fighter" type sighting, but even with the tremendous amount of research presented in that link I posted, it's still inconclusive. Without any hard evidence, like photographs, there's only so much science can do. Even with photos there's only so much science can do, and as others have already noted the image quality of the photo in the OP is not really that conducive to scientific analysis, especially without a specific context for the photo, etc.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

What is fire?

What is lightening?

What do you see in a light bulb or a florescent tube?

What is the Sun or any star made of?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hey Maybe...maybe not
Have you seen the opening scene to the the tv miniseries "Taken"?

I believe it involves the 'Foo Fighters" being discussed in this thread.

Watch from around 0:55 to 3:20 to see the part im talking about.
www.youtube.com...

Im still working my way through watching the series.

Cheers

[edit on 9-8-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
My dad was a fighter pilot in WW2 and seen them himself over the pacific. He said they were like fire balls and they just followed them. The Japanese and Germans did not know what they were either. Funny how nobody fired on them im sure they realized it would be foolish not knowing what these things were capable of. As for the foo fighters being the Nazi's secret weapon i really cant see it simply because the foo fighters did not down any planes or disrupt the campaigns. What are they? I have no clue.

I remember reading an account some decades ago about the "Foo fighters" over Europe. It specifically was about an allied bomber firing at one to no avail.

I believe the bomber was a light, night-bomber type called the Black Widow. After all, the mysterious but harmless (usually) balls of light were considered to be enemy weapons of some sort. But they were not considered to be aircraft, hence the sorta spooky name.

Such an MO exactly fits with the UFO as overseerers, wondering what the Hell we were doing to one another.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
Hey Maybe...maybe not
Have you seen the opening scene to the the tv miniseries "Taken"?
I believe it involves the 'Foo Fighters" being discussed in this thread.
Watch from around 0:55 to 3:20 to see the part im talking about.
www.youtube.com...
Im still working my way through watching the series.
Cheers

FoxMulder91.....

Thanks!.....cheesy.....but fun!

You know.....if I'd scripted it, those Foo Fighters would have been piloted by reptilians & shot down everything in sight!

I've embedded it for interest & convenience:

I also guess I should have a look at the series.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
www.uk-ufo.org...

Some world War 2 reports from the RAF. Not quite your light in the sky are they?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CheapShotArtist
I disagree with those sentiments wholeheartedly.

Well, then, in response to the original question, the objects in the above photo are likely not foo fighters, since they appear to have more structure to them than a simple ball of light.

As I said before, possibly plasma illuminations in wing tip vorteces.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
pffft airplanes got no wings

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I swear I'm flying the one on the left

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
www.uk-ufo.org...
Some world War 2 reports from the RAF. Not quite your light in the sky are they?

FireMoon.....

Unfortunately, your link won't work for me & I can't link directly to www.uk-ufo.org.

Kind regards
Maybe

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
You are calling them objects. I thought they were described as lights? We don't know if they were objects or not.

An object, according to Wikipedia, can be defined as :

a thing, being or concept ... an object which does not exist at any particular time or place ... an abstract object arising in mathematics ... in physics, a collection of masses ... a representation of a physical object...

en.wikipedia.org...

So the definition of an 'object' is not reduced to a 'thing' of solid mass.

If you check carefully various Foo witness accounts, you'll notice that the description of them varies. They're often described as orange glowing balls, but sometimes as silvery or even copper colored metallic balls, and in the account I posted in this thread, a gunner even thought he could identify solid details on them, such as small wings.

So, sometimes they're described as solid objects, and at other times as glowing balls of energy, that bullets and airplanes pass right through.

That doesn't make sense, does it? Then again, the UFO phenomenon doesn't make sense, which is why people spend much time and effort to discuss it.

UFOs have often been described to simply vanish or appear out of thin air, other UFOs are described to be solid at one moment, then go transparent.
UFO have been seen to pass through solid objects, such as mountains, and Unidentified Underwater Objects are often described to pass through the water as if it didn't even touch it.

If you want to tie it in with the Alien Abduction phenomenon, witnesses report that these extra-terrestials have technology that can pass people through solid objects.

I don't pretend to understand the Foo phenomenon, so I can't say why sometimes they seem solid and sometimes as pure energy, but it fits in nicely with the rest of the UFO phenomenon.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Heliocentric]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Probably fake.It's hard to get such a shot.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join