It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The “Original” Foo Fighter Photo – Is It “Real”?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Conan The Usurper

I understand what you are saying, and so does everyone else...but what is being said to you is not registering.

It's being said, that you are applying human thinking/rationale and methodologies to a non-human 'what if scenario'.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Conan The Usurper

I understand what you are saying, and so does everyone else...but what is being said to you is not registering.

It's being said, that you are applying human thinking/rationale and methodologies to a non-human 'what if scenario'.

So?

Are you assuming an ET could not adapt his thinking to ours?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conan The Usurper

sigh, no but zoos are a wrong to preserve some animals, and it's totally stupid that we are building zoos. If you drive a jeep to go see elephants, then you have no respect for wildlife and non for the elephants either.

The anthropologists who study Apes DO adapt to their social patterns and learn how to behave like them in order to understand them.

So, i am assuming intelligent ETs would adapt to us in order to make any kind of contact, or like i said they are mischievous or dumb or simply stupid, and i doubt they would send us their dummies as explorers.

Very good reasoning on Your part , zoos are wrong and driving a jeep through a savanna is showing lack of respect for the nature . I just see one fault in Your reasoning .

You are assuming that if those are ET , that they are here to make some kind of contact
and this assumption is based on what ? I mean , if that were the case then like You suggested they would try and adapt to our species to try and make any type of communication .

But if we take all the accounts of sightings (generally speaking , as I do not want to get into a debate which sighting is real and which is a hoax) , the overall picture suggest something very different . To me it suggest the behavior of somebody visiting a zoo or a science experiment testing area . They do not wish to contact us , they wish to observe us , preferably while being unnoticed , but if it does happen , then well they just do not care . That is the thinking pattern that I have observed while going over UFO cases .

Why do we assume that they want to contact us ? Just because we think we are an advanced species ? I bet you , apes think they are an advanced species in their surrounding also , or great white sharks in theirs. Just because they are on top of the food chain .

If I was a civilization that has the capabilities for vast interstellar travel (meaning also my civilization would probably be thousands of years ahead in evolution and development) , then to me humans on this tiny rock would not be about as much advanced as apes are to us . I would love to go and study them , and see how they develop , but make communication ? What for ?

Edit: Of course all this assumes that ET , even have any similarity in their thinking patterns , and reason the same way we humans do. They could very much have such an alien way of reasoning that none of the above applies , but then we would probably never (or not in the near future) understand each other .

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Thill]

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Thill]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Thill

There does seem to be quite a lot of organic looking/acting UFOs and orbs.

Maybe if your theory about cryptobiological is right, the engineered craft may be here to mainly study them, not us.

They may be the main reason to come, and we're just a mildly interesting sideline.

I must admit I did not think about such a scenario (just shows how we humans like to put us in the center of attention) , and that is a very plausible explanation . I would try and guess that if we , as a human species are not the main testing subject then maybe the whole planet as a thriving habitat for thousands of species is the main point of the observation experiment .

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Very good reasoning on Your part , zoos are wrong and driving a jeep through a savanna is showing lack of respect for the nature . I just see one fault in Your reasoning .

You are assuming that if those are ET , that they are here to make some kind of contact
and this assumption is based on what ? I mean , if that were the case then like You suggested they would try and adapt to our species to try and make any type of communication .

But if we take all the accounts of sightings (generally speaking , as I do not want to get into a debate which sighting is real and which is a hoax) , the overall picture suggest something very different . To me it suggest the behavior of somebody visiting a zoo or a science experiment testing area . They do not wish to contact us , they wish to observe us , preferably while being unnoticed , but if it does happen , then well they just do not care . That is the thinking pattern that I have observed while going over UFO cases .

If this is the case, that they don't want to make any kind of contacts with us and merely want to observe us, they are very annoying at it don't you think so? like i said, they totally don't respect us if they buzz around our aircraft and stressing the pilots into unknown sightings and things the pilots don't understand.

Which in my opinion would make us into the long run have a very bad opinion of them and in time find ways to kick them out of our air space with the use of force.

Why do we assume that they want to contact us ? Just because we think we are an advanced species ? I bet you , apes think they are an advanced species in their surrounding also , or great white sharks in theirs. Just because they are on top of the food chain .

If I was a civilization that has the capabilities for vast interstellar travel (meaning also my civilization would probably be thousands of years ahead in evolution and development) , then to me humans on this tiny rock would not be about as much advanced as apes are to us . I would love to go and study them , and see how they develop , but make communication ? What for ?

Why do anthropologists live among apes you think? communication? what for ? love? oh did i say love?

Edit: Of course all this assumes that ET , even have any similarity in their thinking patterns , and reason the same way we humans do. They could very much have such an alien way of reasoning that none of the above applies , but then we would probably never (or not in the near future) understand each other .

It could be possible that we are so different that communication would be very hard, but impossible? i don't think anything is impossible, the imagination is limitless imho.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i know it's impossible but on page one if you look at the photo long enough it looks like the airplane was sneezing

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

If this is the case, that they don't want to make any kind of contacts with us and merely want to observe us, they are very annoying at it don't you think so? like i said, they totally don't respect us if they buzz around our aircraft and stressing the pilots into unknown sightings and things the pilots don't understand.

Which in my opinion would make us into the long run have a very bad opinion of them and in time find ways to kick them out of our air space with the use of force.

I fully agree with You that this is very annoying to the pilots , I would even say that being abducted and tested (if we believe those accounts) is even more annoying . That is why I think that they just do not care what we think , just like scientist that study wild animals in their habitat.

Also therefore I think that most of the orb cases might be plasma based animals that just do not comprehend that they annoy the pilots.

Why do anthropologists live among apes you think? communication? what for ? love? oh did i say love?

Umm I would say that anthropologists live among apes to study them . If they annoy and aggravate the apes in the process is hard to say as we do not communicate with apes on that level . But from some accounts where anthropologists were attacked by apes I would say that some get annoyed

It could be possible that we are so different that communication would be very hard, but impossible? i don't think anything is impossible, the imagination is limitless imho.

You are right , I might have used a stronger word than I intended to , of course after time and good will from both sides (which would be crucial because if not then we would end up starting a foolish war and probably loosing it) we would be able to find means of communication .

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Umm I would say that anthropologists live among apes to study them . If they annoy and aggravate the apes in the process is hard to say as we do not communicate with apes on that level . But from some accounts where anthropologists were attacked by apes I would say that some get annoyed

Yes but i wanted to point out that some anthropologists have a genuine love for apes, real affection and consider them their family now, it's a lot more than just studying them.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Conan The Usurper]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Emphatically they were real. My step father was a captain and flew bombers from England over Germany during the war. An intelligent and honest man with a big heart. When I was young, he would tell us boys what went on there, including him telling us of all the innocent people that must have died due to his bombing, this with tears running down his face.

When the telling got started he often talked of the foo fighters which flew off his wing tip. His crew at least never fired on them. He told me they would dart over his bomber, from wing tip to wing tip, often streaking off to other airplanes. It was as though they were watching. When the planes were being blown out of the sky, and there were many, the foo's would leave. This man was as straight and honest as they get.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sailormon
Emphatically they were real. My step father was a captain and flew bombers from England over Germany during the war. An intelligent and honest man with a big heart. When I was young, he would tell us boys what went on there, including him telling us of all the innocent people that must have died due to his bombing, this with tears running down his face.

When the telling got started he often talked of the foo fighters which flew off his wing tip. His crew at least never fired on them. He told me they would dart over his bomber, from wing tip to wing tip, often streaking off to other airplanes. It was as though they were watching. When the planes were being blown out of the sky, and there were many, the foo's would leave. This man was as straight and honest as they get.

yes, none of us said they were unreal, we are debating what they are. But thank you for telling us your story about your step father

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Zeta Reticulan.....
So.....
What does that inverted image indicate to you?
Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I think the film was overdeveloped ... and possibly contaminated development

example of print from overdeveloped film:

example of print from overdeveloped film +Contrast:

b/w processing errors

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'm inclined to believe this photo, like most of the other ones, is the result of poorly processed 1940s-era film. Nothing really suggests that extraterrestrials need be involved.

Japan's film technology was notoriously poor when compared to that of other nations (boy how the times have changed!
) so it is no surprise that many "foo fighter" photos are from Japanese sources.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Turiddu]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
S&F

MMN, I really cannot tell one thing from that pic. It's all kinds of grainy.

I heard the Brits speak more about the foo-fighters. I really don't know

too much about it. Did not get through the whole thread yet. I am working

my way backwards

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric
Perhaps a minor part of the Foo Fighter phenomenon was just about optical illusions.
Perhaps a tired, weary gunner who had been flying mission after mission caught a reflex or some type of optical illusion in the corner of the eye and went "What was that!?" Nerves on edge, expecting German fighters any time, and perhaps even fired a round at it.

Then again, these people were trained for the job. They just could not allow themselves to be fooled by optical illusions, and when you bring into the equation that whole airplane crews saw these dancing balls around the planes for long periods of time, in all different types of weather, often describing them as metallic, sometimes jumping from plane to plane, then no, I don't think optical illusions is an alternative.

If we can't take these people and their testimonies seriously, simply because we cannot accept the possibility that the Foo Fighters was (is) a phenomenon we cannot understand, or that it implicates something some consider incredulous, then aren't we pulling the rug under our concept of reality?
I think you may be making the common mistake of confusing optical illusion with hallucination.

I agree that they really saw these things, illusion doesn't mean it was in their mind, an image hit their eyes, they just didn't know what the image represented.

A mirage is an optical phenomenon, not a hallucination. So your statement they couldn't be fooled by an optical illusions suggests to me you need to research more about the human perception system, illusions and mirages. ANYBODY can be fooled by illusions and I know not all of these pilots got training in mirages as one of them is a friend of mine, neither he nor anyone he knows got any mirage training.

However if you have documentation about training programs the WWII pilots attended that covers mirage training, then please post it because I would really like to see that. Even today I'm not sure such training is all that common.

Mirages: Can Mirages Explain UFO Reports?

Here's an example where this illusion explanation was investigated for some "foo-fighter" objects which followed a plane in 1954.

The BOAC Labrador sighting of June 29, 1954

The final determination of the cause is inconclusive, but the mirage possibility should at least be considered as one possible cause, both for the BOAC Labrador and other foo-fighter sightings.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Could that many people be fooled by mirages?

I don't see the idea that there are plasma based life forms that we are just now discovering as being all that implausible. After all, the Panda was just a myth until a hundred years ago when the first pandas were found in the wild.

Science demonstrates that plasma life forms could very well exist. Not only do we have pilot reports, but we have astronaut reports as well, including videos from space missions of phenomenon that NASA admits can not be explained. All these reports describe the what sounds like the same phenomenon.

We also have the Hessdalen phenomenon, which has been observed and recorded by scientists, in photos and film.

Here are other threads on the subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Arbitrageur

There's a fairly old article you'd enjoy (Dr Dave Clarke)...The Foo Fighters - The RAF Experience. I much more enjoy reading about European encounters, particularly RAF, as they're less connected to the USAF or AFOSI meddling.

Kandindsky.....

Thank you as always for your interesting commentary.

I can't get your link work, either by slecting it or copying the url into the IE address bar. If you can fix it, I will be interested to read the article.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Could that many people be fooled by mirages?

Exactly.

My point was, once we allow ourselves to discard hundreds if not thousands of witness accounts from credible people, who all more or less reported the same phenomenon, sometimes lasting for hours, explaining it away as optical illusions (which I do not exclude a few incidents could have been) because that is the easy way out of a problem you don't want to face, well...
Then just about anything can be an optical illusion, and just about anyone can come across one at any time, it's the logical explanation to any type of phenomenon that does not correspond with our concept of what is possible.

Was that person who just passed by in the hallway real, or was it just an optical illusion? How can I know, If a highly trained pilot cannot tell a metallic ball outside his aircraft that he swears was real from an optical illusion?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
I can't get your link work, either by slecting it or copying the url into the IE address bar. If you can fix it, I will be interested to read the article.

The link isn't broken, it works for me. I just checked it again. Maybe Australia is building a great firewall like China has?

Check your hosts file, or try doing what the Chinese do to get around their firewall, a proxy? Or if you can't get it to work IM me and I can try to get it to you somehow. Not that it should matter but I used firefox, not IE to view it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Works fine in rainy England. If you send an e-mail address, I can post it as a .doc.

There's another good article by co-author Roberts...FOO FIGHTERS: THE STORY SO FAR.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Arbitrageur.....

Hmmm.....a Firefox user.....

Do you have soy milk in your frappacino's when you're using that?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join