It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Those damned terrorists cut off another Americans head. They have no courage, no honor, and I'm sick of this SH@#. Everytime I hear something like this I lean closer and closer to supporting this war. I hope we find them and torture them in the worst way.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
They have no courage and no honour, that is true. However what they do have is a fanatical belief in their religion and their leaders. That is how they can get people to strap bombs onto themselves and detonate in the middle of a crown of people.

Have you ever noticed that none of their 'leaders' volunteer to be sucide bombers ? I wonder why that is ? - surely they would want the 'glory' of martyrdom for themselves ? Or are they just cowards with no sense of honour.

Looks like Herman is right.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Have you ever noticed that none of their 'leaders' volunteer to be sucide bombers ?

Yeah just like our leaders are quick to send other people's children to die in WAR but they don't send their own. Why is that I wonder?

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Would you care to back that up for me Ocelot? Just because every one of our leaders' kids weren't in the military, doesn't mean that something is wrong with that. George W. Bush? Ring a bell? He was in the millitary. And I don't care if he screwed it all up. The point his, his father (one of our leaders)allowed HIS son to be in the military. And oh yeah, since when did they "send them off to die"? The draft ended, my friend.(or is it being brought back?) John Mccaine (sp). John Kerry, Ronald Reagan. Hm, looks like I'm right again. And don't go naming off a bunch of our leaders who weren't in the military, because of course they're not ALL going to join, or have their family join. (By the way, I'm completely AGAINST the draft, so don't bring it up.)

[Edited on 18-6-2004 by Herman]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

George W. Bush? Ring a bell? He was in the millitary. And I don't care if he screwed it all up. The point his, his father (one of our leaders)allowed HIS son to be in the military.

Hehe...he deserted... Amazing isn't it?
There was never any danger of him being in harm's way, but that's neither here nor there....

I'd personally be all for deposing all of the leaders in the middle east, and just frickin' forcing them to behave like civilized people...but we can't even seem to be able to do that with our own soldiers....*sigh*....

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There's nothing really for us to civilized about. Not with the massive amount of over and underprotection we get. When it comes to safety, we have the most rigid laws in the world governing the military-ye ole' UCMJ-but when it comes to battle gear we get the lowest bidder. Not to mention the way contracting is done. For example, I work in the military as a computer tech, and we have a Navy-Marine Corps joint contract with a company to help us streamline our network. I have no doubt that it was a fine concept, but the execution has turned into a ridiculous snafu of buearocratic BS and unnecessary spending. A simple typo can cost upward of 400 bucks, even if immediately caught. And by keeping much of their network transitions 'need-to-know' the military side of the house is left floundering. I depend on a tech who will never fly or ride overseas and set up a network in hostile conditions to decide what equipment is best for me, and how it should be set up. If we went by their book right now, entire squadrons would be grounded. I almost wish I were in a different MOS, except that once I get out I can make more than just about any infantryman.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Oh. And how I would love to get my hands on one, just one terrorist. I may regret what I do after the fact, but those guys are really starting to tick me off.(using polite language for the mods)
:bash:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Everytime I hear something like this I lean closer and closer to supporting this war.

Sounds like "mission accomplished" to US Military Intelligence Psy-Op "Berg"

Ancillary bonus: Copycats

Now if we just let a few more bombs go off in public Iraqi squares even the Iraqis will be BEGGING us to stay for good.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Yeah of course RANT, it's alllwaayyys our fault isn't it!?!? Yeah yeah, we're always the bad ones. You sound like a typical close minded liberal. Whenever the U.S does something good, you ignore it or deny it. When something bad happens it's "OOHHH!! Alert the media!!! We've done it again!".

Yeah, they're really brainwashing me into thinking that wanting to stop these men that are cutting of the head of a kneeling, innocent man and holding it to the camera is wrong. Yeah, that's some real brainwashing isn't it? Typical, you refuse to look at both sides of the story. The U.S government is so badddd and evil sending people off to die for not good reason huh!?!?? They're just out here for oil!!! It's so much fun to be against your own government isn't it? And let me guess, you think that you're the open minded one because you're against the U.S. The sad thing is, I used to be like you.

When the war started, before even hearing the facts, I was against it. I thought Bush may have planned the 9/11 bombings of the "WTC". Then I opened my mind to a little thing called reality. But now I see, there's no convincing you. Even if the evidence is shoved right in your face, you'll just deny it and say that the U.S made it up. I have a relative that is involved in this. He's showed me pictures, told me stories. He knows what's really going on. Now I can look at this with an un-biased opinion (unbiased meaning that my opinion isn't affected by the fact that I'm conservative, or liberal). I agree that we are doing some bad things over there. Forcing our way of life by putting up "Subway" chains and McDonalds is definately wrong. I will not, however, deny the fact that there are dangerous terrorist organizations out there that really need to be stopped.

Keep in mind, these weren't Army personel. They hadn't captured people who were trying to kill them. These were innocent people just trying to earn a living. If we back out now, these organizations are just going to get stronger.

Oh yeah, and thanks michael moore. He brought up the point that only one out of the five hundred some odd people in congress's kids were in the military. Like it was a mad thing that they don't let THEIR children serve in the military. But if you look at the ratio of people in the US, to people in the US army. It's much much less than 1:500.

[Edited on 26-6-2004 by Herman]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Funny, I don't remember saying any of that Herman.

Based on the three little observations I typed to your rant, I could be the most patriotic, pro US, cold hearted war strategist there is (not saying I am, but you assumed the opposite).

If speculation on the "berg" case is correct, then it's a damn stroke of military and PR genius isn't it? One must also acknowledge that the more the terrorists attack Iraqis, the better for the coalition. Bush himself called it "proof we're winning."

But as for 9/11 you'll never find me making any crazy claims about Bush did it or knew or any of that nonsense. I think he was just clueless.

But to balance the scales, in the aftermath of 9/11 I was just like you.

I wanted Osama B's head on a stick. I wanted to get Afghanistan (which I still support) and when France wouldn't support our invasion of Iraq to get WMD's I bashed France with the best of them.

But MY open mind and all the evidence shoved right in my face since the Iraqi WMD farce (and Osama snipe hunt) tells me what a joke the President's political manipulation of emotions surrounding the 9/11 tragedy has really been.

Terrorists make me mad too Herman. But I try not to let my emotions close my mind to possible ulterior motives anymore when people play on them.

Be they terrorists trying to make me afraid and angry, or Presidents capitalizing on the same.

Note to self: People hate it when you comment in their rants.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If I came off a little strong in my reply, sorry that's just the way I express my opinions in writing. However, I did not make the assumption that you thought it was Bush who bombed the WTC. I said that's what I thought when it first happened. From this last post, you seem pretty intelligent and have a good stance on this whole thing. I don't, however, like the way you're assuming that somehow Bush is purposefully benefiting off of this thing.

I agree, after 9/11 I saw about as many people selling flags on the side of the street as you can imagine, but I don't think that's happening in this case. I mean, when terrorists do that, people get angry! They want justice to be served. Bush had nothing to do with me wanting to get these people, nor did any propaganda put out by the media to make me support this war. I saw for myself what REALLY happened, and it made me want to see them punished. I don't see how any of this has to do with strategics from Bush or anyone else. Are you trying to say that somehow Bush or our government was responsible for this? That's what it sounds like you're leading too. Or are you saying that Bush somehow benefited from this? I guess the U.S. Army may have benefited, but not on purpose.

Of course, when people see things like this(an they ACTUALLY happened) they get angry; and with just cause as well. All this really did was make me realize what kind of people we're fighting. This is not a war ON Iraq, it's a war IN Iraq.

Sorry, you don't remember saying any of what?

[Edited on 26-6-2004 by Herman]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The people of US are good people is our leaders the ones that make this country look screw up.

And the muslins nations are not the only ones that are against US.

In my oppinion this terrorist could be any body that wants to take advantage of the situation after all they are covered. How can you tell who they are or wish group they belong, just becuse they speak arabic does not mean they are realy who they said they are.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Good point, but what advantage would they have by saying that they're a terrorist?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I guess you forgot about the war US is fighting, Right?

Our president is fighting a war on terrorism in the name of our country.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So?? Same question: What would a muslim have to gain by saying he's a terrorist. Getting killed?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Been a terrorist and a muslin makes you the most popular candidate for US to get you. And when this people shows themselves on TV, killing Americans in public they are making us the common people angry and hopeless and we blame our government for not doing a good job, they are causing antagonism between the people and the ruler.

Terrorism is not only a person going about destroying and killing people, they also use psychology.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It also makes our government try harder to kill these people. And if they're not a terrorist, why would they do that? I know when I see this, I get mad at the terrorists, not our government. They could make us even madder at our "rulers" if they didn't say they were terrorists. Then we'd think that the regular iraqi people are against us, thus coming to the conclusion that the war was a bad idea.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Herman,

And that is exactly what this people are trying to acomplish, you got it.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yeah, thus I'm correct.

They could make us even madder at our "rulers" if they didn't say they were terrorists. Then we'd think that the regular iraqi people are against us, thus coming to the conclusion that the war was a bad idea.

And your argument was that they would piss us off by pretending that they WERE terrorists.

Herman, And that is exactly what this people are trying to acomplish, you got it.

Looks like I win again:

[Edited on 27-6-2004 by Herman]

top topics

join