It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India, Iran discuss 'regional solution' in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

India, Iran discuss 'regional solution' in Afghanistan

www.thehindu.com

India and Iran on Friday rounded off extensive discussions on Afghanistan, which included an Indo-Iranian initiative to develop a new trading route to the land locked country and a “regional approach” to bringing peace and stability.

Talks between visiting Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Mohammad Ali Fathollahi and senior Foreign Office officials here also touched on the possibility of a trilateral meeting between India, Iran and Afghanistan, to discuss how the situation can be stabilised.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
rupeenews.com

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Wow. Interesting.

Is it me, or is India getting more involved recently?

I know that India has huge concerns over what might happen between them and Pakistan should the U.S. leave Afghanistan.

Indian troops are in Afghanistan now with NATO and are amond those being targeted by the insurgents/terrorists/I don't even know what to call them anymore funded by Pakistan, who clearly only wants and does whatever is best for Pakistan.

See Additional News Links for an opinion on how these talks went. Sounds like they didn't go too well.

www.thehindu.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
India is growing in strength apparently. Which includes nuclear.

money.canoe.ca...

They also have close ties with Iran.

india.foreignpolicyblogs.com...

It would be nice if they could make everyone play nice. I hope it's not too late.
It's getting hard to tell who is allies with who, and when, with all the trade talks, and other developments around there.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yes it is getting hard to keep track of. And then, just when you think you have it figured out, things change! Thank you for the information. I think India is very concerned about what's going to happen when/if the U.S. leaves Afghanistan. They'll be prime for a war with Pakistan, per some analysts.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Most of the westerners out there must be confused, on one hand India has a very close ties with USSR and Now Russia and former USSR states to this day. On the Other hand the AMERICAN establishments were existent as early as 1970's.

Today you look at India's position from the eyes of an Indian like me, you would come to a conclusion that Indians are trying to bridge the gap between West and the Russians.

They might be with or without will in this bridging position.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Don't really trust them Indians, they seem like to play for both sides. "Hate imperialism" but part of the commonwealth. Seems opportunistic to me.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

There you go again. You cant trust us because all the time you have been educated or fed in to believe that anyone who has allied with Russians cannot be trusted.

But have you ever gone down to the root of the things? Have you ever tried to find why we allied with USSR?

Because, USA supported Pakistan's military development in trade of Peshawar airforce Base, to keep an eye on USSR Via Dushanbe(Modern-day Tajikistan).

And Pakistan used the US provided Aid money to buy Chinese Weapons and kill Hindus in Kashmir valley and other Indian Citizens in India.

What other choices were we(Indians) left with? An Aggressor on each side: Pakistan and other hand China. Both supported by USA at that time and suffocating India inspite out Non Alignment Movement. Do Read something called Non-Alignment Movement. And find out who lead that movement. You would find that the same opportunistic Indians lead that movement in the United Nations.
But after three wars , two with Pakistan and one with China, we learnt a lesson, to bridge USSR and the Americans, to prevent any kind of disasters and blunders of future.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

More greedy retards trying to meddle in Afghan politics to satisfy their own urge for materialistic gain.

And to think Iran was non materialistic. And India, since they both are damn religious. Jesus Christ, WTF is going on.

Pakistan also, but we all know the Pakistani government and military is Western Puppets, it is only the ISI which is helping the Afghan resistance, and there is a civil war in Pakistan, between the ISI military front (hence Pakistani Taliban) and Pakistani military.

Once again, WTF is going on.

This is exactly what causes World Wars, F'en confusion.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karthik1981

But have you ever gone down to the root of the things? Have you ever tried to find why we allied with USSR?

Because, USA supported Pakistan's military development in trade of Peshawar airforce Base, to keep an eye on USSR Via Dushanbe(Modern-day Tajikistan).

And Pakistan used the US provided Aid money to buy Chinese Weapons and kill Hindus in Kashmir valley and other Indian Citizens in India.

Pakistan is the same to me.

What other choices were we(Indians) left with? An Aggressor on each side: Pakistan and other hand China. Both supported by USA at that time and suffocating India inspite out Non Alignment Movement. Do Read something called Non-Alignment Movement. And find out who lead that movement. You would find that the same opportunistic Indians lead that movement in the United Nations.
But after three wars , two with Pakistan and one with China, we learnt a lesson, to bridge USSR and the Americans, to prevent any kind of disasters and blunders of future.

I see, so this is indian survival instinct then, because you lost a lot of wars. Well, if this is of any consolation, I don't like the French either. They too play both sides, I don't even get it why that pathetic country is a permanent security council member. And French is not really a bridge either IMO.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

We lost only one war and that was with China.
We won against Pakistan three times till date. I am not in a position to judge about the French.

new topics

top topics

join