It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

True Christian Website that speaks of why religion is WRONG!!

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I am SAD that today I found that my Avatar was from a nasty website!! I got the Avatar from google images and harmlessly thought it was quite cute. But today a friend and a Dr friend at that pointed out to me something I wish I had found out before.

I HAVE NOW CHANGED MY AVATAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To my stick figure girl!

This website was apparently constructed by a pastor called Pastor Jim.


I know that to become a Pastor you must complete at least 30mins of training (a real profession!) but come on.

This site has a web fan page and thousands of fans support it. Plus it has a Myspace page. What next.

This sort of thing is rife in the main religions. I hope this can show people that religion is no good and should not be entered into. Children need protecting from religion till the age they become adults.

I ask you too read through the WHOLE website and all the stories.

True Christian Website


Myspace webpage now!

Myspace/truechristians

[edit on 7-8-2010 by sassyncute]




posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute
This sort of thing is rife in the main religions. I hope this can show people that religion is no good and should not be entered into. Children need protecting from religion till the age they become adults.

I ask you too read through the WHOLE website and all the stories.

True Christian Website


Myspace webpage now!

Myspace/truechristians

[edit on 7-8-2010 by sassyncute]



Um, I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but that truechristian.com website is actually a joke. As in, not serious. It satirically mocks Christianity so if you're a Christian who lacks a sense of humor, don't go there!

In other words, they're trolling.



posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute
 


You really didn't know that was all satirical? Come on, it looks like a South Park episode! Really?



posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I spoke to the "man - woman" who made the site. They claimed that they are indeed a registered pastor. Its more about the fact that the Avatar I used to use came from this site and some people though I was affiliated with it. thats all.

Still I am not religious and and yes found it really funny.

But this is the type of stuff that fundamentalists and extremists promote in all religions worldwide. Its joke like this that people latch onto and mold future "freedom fighters".



posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
stupid thread dude....
what powers your mind, a squirrel on a wheel?



posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Probably more of a squirrel stuck in a wheel . . .



posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I just read all of this. Twice. And, well to cut to the chase, I want my four and a half minutes back.



posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I don't think Sassy meant any harm starting this thread, maybe a little nieve. With all that goes on in the world today I can see why some might not see the sarcasm.



posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
whoa!!!


Satan IS a chick!
i'll be goldammed!

proof

and she doesn't wear a brassiere!

my lands.



posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
i'm considering a new avatar.


mwah ha ha ha ha



posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38
 


Please, please, please do, queenannie!! I'll bake you a cupcake if you'll do it!!



posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute


This sort of thing is rife in the main religions. I hope this can show people that religion is no good and should not be entered into. Children need protecting from religion till the age they become adults.


The only kids that look at these sites, are adults that enjoy satire.

en.wikipedia.org...


A common feature of satire is strong irony or sarcasm—"in satire, irony is militant"[2]—but parody, burlesque, exaggeration, juxtaposition, comparison, analogy, and double entendre are all frequently used in satirical speech and writing.


Please tell me you are not serious!



posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute

This sort of thing is rife in the main religions. I hope this can show people that religion is no good and should not be entered into. Children need protecting from religion till the age they become adults.

I ask you too read through the WHOLE website and all the stories.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by sassyncute]


I disagree. Children need to be exposed to religion at least to understand the concept of morality. You wouldn't want your child to be lost in spiritual and doesn't have the slightest idea of what's wrong or right. Surely he/she can learn that crime is punishable by law but that doesn't teach him/her how to be humble, compassion, benevolent, loving etc.. I don't think their school teachers can teach them better than a priest. Make sure you have enough theology background to differentiate what's god'w word and what's priest's own opinion. That's way you can monitor and make sure your child mindset is not being manipulate by religious elders.



posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35
 


done!



i like milk chocolate with sour cream or cream cheese frosting
OR
butter recipe yellow with milk chocolate frosting

or whatever you do best.



posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38
 


YAY!!! I bought a fresh butter recipe golden cake mix this very day. In your honor I'm gonna make them with homemade milk chocolate fudge icing!! Yum.


Edit to add: ATS was kinda' slow and boring tonite.... TILL NOW WhoopWhoop
Madam Satan in da house

[edit on 8/8/10 by jennybee35]



posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute
 

It's a sick website.....period.
Seeashrink



posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by EasternShadow
 


the ONLY thing that is going to make your kids grow up full of love and strong and true is for you, the parent, to LEAD BY EXAMPLE.

that's ALL they need.
show them what you want them to be, and forget about tell.

in one ear and out the other, especially when it is repetition.
but they watch us in order to learn how to be - most of the time when we're not looking...they are looking at us.

if you don't have integrity, your kids won't have it, either.

religion can NEVER instill these kinds of values in kids and it isn't supposed to serve in that capacity, either.



posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

YAY!!! I bought a fresh butter recipe golden cake mix this very day. In your honor I'm gonna make them with homemade milk chocolate fudge icing!! Yum.



hot diggity dog!

it was worth coming out of the closet, for sure!



posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
reply to post by EasternShadow
 


the ONLY thing that is going to make your kids grow up full of love and strong and true is for you, the parent, to LEAD BY EXAMPLE.

that's ALL they need.
show them what you want them to be, and forget about tell.

in one ear and out the other, especially when it is repetition.
but they watch us in order to learn how to be - most of the time when we're not looking...they are looking at us.

if you don't have integrity, your kids won't have it, either.

Agree. As working parent, I wish I could be with my children all the time but you do aware time is limited?


Originally posted by queenannie38
reply to post by EasternShadow
 

religion can NEVER instill these kinds of values in kids and it isn't supposed to serve in that capacity, either.


I disagree. One of main reason why religion exist is to promote such good value to life. Religion is the basic of law governing our life. Without religion there is little understanding of law including civil law.



posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by EasternShadow

I disagree. Children need to be exposed to religion at least to understand the concept of morality. You wouldn't want your child to be lost in spiritual and doesn't have the slightest idea of what's wrong or right. Surely he/she can learn that crime is punishable by law but that doesn't teach him/her how to be humble, compassion, benevolent, loving etc.. I don't think their school teachers can teach them better than a priest. Make sure you have enough theology background to differentiate what's god'w word and what's priest's own opinion. That's way you can monitor and make sure your child mindset is not being manipulate by religious elders.


That is disturbing. I presume that since you mentioned a priest that you speak of christianity. That being said, teaching a child "morals" from the bible is the worst way to go. Not only because christianity is going to teach them that "god" thinks the child is inherently a bad person (sinner) but if the child actually reads the bible he/she will find the most disturbing and disgusting acts committed by both the god and the characters of the bible.

Children don't need to be taught that they are bad, so bad someone had to die for their "sins" (which they never committed in the first place). Children do just fine acquiring knowledge of moral behavior by interaction with loving, caring human beings. That's ALL they need. Don't confuse them with religious nonsense which you insist is education about morals.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by traditionaldrummer]



new topics




 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join