It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA to charge people to ENTER

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by truthquest

Originally posted by PuterMan
What's the problem?

You have to pay Euro 10 to get OUT of Ireland!

The problem is that two wrongs don't make a right.

It isn't wrong to charge entry fees. The cost of customs, visas, security and other necessities when bringing people across borders isn't cheap. Some of it comes from the travelers in because it is the travelers who are necessitating the expense.

If you don't want to pay entry fees then go to countries with no entry fees.

It would be nice if I had less noise coming into my house. How about if I install a giant noise barrier, then send the bill to my neighbor. By your reasoning, that would be what I should do. But if I did that my neighbor would rightfully rebuff me by telling me where to shove the bill up into.

Customs, visas, security fees, etc, are not services for the person entering, but rather they are services for the people already there. Therefore, those are the people who should be charged for a service if they want it. If you want a service, then pay for it. Its morally wrong to have a service that you get but then *other people besides your self* are literally forced to pay for.

If I'm sent the bill for US customs services for Mexicans entering the US (which makes much more sense than the Mexicans being sent the bill since I'm the one being "helped" by US customs) my view is I should tear it up and say hell no, that does not benefit me. Travel and trade barriers are well proven to hurt economies rather than help them in every single case they are studied. Every single time. I'm tired of getting billed for all this crazy crap just because other people refuse to study reality-based economics and instead focus about 1 inch in front of their face.

Fortunately economics is in a way, simple, since free markets and open borders cause a win for everybody every single time in every single comparative study I've ever seen. Unfortunately economics is also in a way, complicated, because things are often opposite of what they seem. For example, you think you'll economically benefit from the fee when the fact is you won't, as travel barriers always hurt both parties just the same way removing them helps both parties.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009
Sure, it makes perfect sense to charge people to come into this country.

A circus charges you an admission fee...
and that is essentially what this country has become; a circus with all the clowns in seats of power.

-Nate

Exactly, this new charge is great. What do people think this is any way, a free country? For now its a $10 country but that will change with inflation and especially when we ramp up security. You can never have too many police checkpoints in a $10 country.

I think the title of this thread should be: The US is No Longer a Free Country, but a $10 Circus.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The only place I have ever been to in the U.S.A is New Hampshire and even then I stayed in a double wide trailer with a leaky roof with my girlfriends family.

Saying that. I would have to say that $14 is a small price to pay for the absolutely stunningly beautiful landscapes, forests, and wide open spaces that I encountered that I have never seen the equal of in Europe.

Unless you have been to the U.S I don't think you can truly appreciate how vast and how beautiful and how diverse it really is, and unless you have left the U.S I don't think you can ever really appreciate what a wonderful country you live in..

I would love to live there some day.

Jealous person in England

[edit on 9-8-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Wow how does one respond to such drivel, you claim that Jesus was a pedophile yet there was no such thing in his supposed time period. In fact at that time period it was common for twelve year old girls to be considered woman and be married. So the truth is your comment was only meant to insult a man who may or may not have existed only to insult those Americans who believe. This brings in to question your entire motives for your post. Your not here to discuss something you feel is wrong you’re here to insult Americans.

You claim that you should not be scrutinized because you are not coming from the middle east, well my small minded friend we in America have come to learn that terrorist do not just come from middle east countries hell we have had a few spring up in our own back yard!

If you want to be out raged about something America has done why not be outraged over the war or the fact that we where the only country to nuke another, not a lousy $14 that my friend is just petty!

As for your comments about our government, it is no where near perfect the majority of American citizens have become complacent. This has allowed for the slow decay of our beloved republic! You may think that nothing is being done, however that is not the case. A great awaking is accruing all across this country people are starting to wake up and take note of what the corrupt inept criminals of Washington are doing. Change will not come over night to this country there will be no bloody coup. One by one it is the responsibility of the people to vote out of office the corrupt and inept criminals that our causing the downfall of this nation! Unfortunately this will take time. This November we will hopefully see the start of this change and we in America will send a message to Washington.

As for this $14 fee however I completely support it hell I support raising it to $100 just so it will piss you off more!

[edit on 8/10/2010 by Verd_Vhett]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

USA - you are becoming more and more hated worldwide.

What a load of rubbish. You should speak for yourself and not drag the whole world into it. We can speak for ourselves thanks.

And if it's only $14 and it's replacing some other process that people had to go through, well, time being money and all, it probably adds up to be very little at the end.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I would rather pay the $14 then have to apply for a visa.
About people that say that it might be a lot for someone to pay $14 when they get here , remember that the flight to get here is over $700-800 or $1200 + with roundtrip , if they have that kind of money i am sure they have $14.

All these people talking # and getting flipped over this have nothing better to do with their life.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
staff removed the quote of the article

100777.com...

[edit on Wed Aug 11 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I only see one country that kills and experiments on its citizens.

You harbor the terrorists. In fact the world should be careful of America as they are the real terrorists.

I wonder what is next for the citizens? Who wants to do a spread bet. Oh thats right you will be dead before you can pay up. FEMA camps calling!!

Happy sleeping. If you have kids you should worry about their future as free individuals. Life in the states is like life in a prison. Do you think they are imposing these ridiculous measures to keep people out or keep people in. I bet both.

Next your guns will be banned. I hope they ban your guns soon. Then you will know that what I say is true. Then you will have to fight with your brains....and you are not renowned for that.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by sassyncute]

[edit on 11-8-2010 by sassyncute]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Doesn't it last 2 years?

That is about 2 cents a day

::

watch a movie about 7 bucks a ticket right? for 2hrs ( if your lucky )

14 will get you how many hours of entertainment, if your viewing the USofA?

::

If your only heading to the USofA for your job
wouldn't your employer pay for it?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Dear sassy,

Lolz. It appears as you find America to be a terrorist nation. However, you will happily continue to support America, and it's treachery as long as you don't have to pay 14$.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

I have to pay and submit receipts for all expenses. That is no the problem at all though. Its the fact that I do not want to pay. What if you were charged $14 dollars every time you want to use the bathroom.

I view it as the same thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/14358d1e7571.jpg[/atsimg]
.....................................................Der Furor?

Gee Sassy, Please list a source for each of the falsehoods you are trying to spread in your history lesson.

And next time you got to go to the can, stay in Canada please.

Nice stash in your avatar, it accents your bowlegs .

Heil Hilter!

[edit on 11-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute
reply to post by EvilBat

I have to pay and submit receipts for all expenses. That is no the problem at all though. Its the fact that I do not want to pay. What if you were charged $14 dollars every time you want to use the bathroom.

ROFL That you in your avi?

Attention whore much? DO NOT WANT!!!

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Yagerbombs]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yagerbombs

Originally posted by sassyncute
reply to post by EvilBat

ROFL That you in your avi?

Attention whore much? DO NOT WANT!!!

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Yagerbombs]

Aww,
and I thought cross-dresser Hitler was cute

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/915e959ed1e5.gif[/atsimg]

Go Sassy, go! Want to make $14 the hard way?

[edit on 11-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join