It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA to charge people to ENTER

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What's the problem?

You have to pay Euro 10 to get OUT of Ireland!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
Originally posted by jerico65

That's sweet. You hope an entire country falls because you're getting all worked up over a lousy fourteen bucks.

That’s so imperialist, arrogant of you!!! You have to remember that some people come from countries-cultures so backward (in every sense) that 14 dollars is still a lot of money. 14 bucks isn’t a lot of money in the U.S because you guys are closer to where the money is being printed!! However if you come from e.g. an Iranian desert (where information can take years to reach) 14 dollars is still enough money to buy a e.g. a camel-wife.

Deserts? Camels?

BASRA AIRPORT IRAQ

Single entry visa 85$ price to leave 22$

Three month visa 202$ Price to leave 22$

This is for people who are actually helping Iraqis to rebuild. Not soldiers, KBR or rent a cops.

As for the rest of the complaints, about half of the countries on the planet charge more than $14 dollars for entry visas.

Egypt comes to mind. 50$ every time I've been there.

Oh yes. Most of the rest of the world charges for services like immigration, visas and customs. If it's not in cash then it's usually a surcharge on your plane ticket.

I'd say look it up but you really don't care if it's true. It's just another bashing thread.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimplyGord
The OP did not mention: is this is valid in Arizona?
Here in Canada there is a retaliation plan: Let all Americans in for free but soak them good when they try to leave. The instructions are in french only and double the # if you cannot parce the imperfect past tense of 'etre'.

Or if you can't spell parse??

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Come now, look at the 14 bucks as charity for a country in dire need.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yea and who would want to come to the evil United States anyway. You would be supporting our war on terror, and the rest of our montrosities. So if I was you stay in the land of the maple leaf, were its like candy land all day long.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute
This is just typical of a country already gone down the toilet!!

Most do not want to have to get permission to travel to the US by going online and asking in advance.

But now they want to charge.

I hope America falls and hope every other country makes Americans PAY quadruple to enter other countries. But Americans would actually have to leave their country first.

I hope the UK and Germany and France and Infact the whole of the European Union impose deep restrictions on US citizens in the near future as the Eu are already talking about in quiet circles. This will balance out the problem. USA - you are becoming more and more hated worldwide.

US to charge

Fox news successfully painted Ron Paul as an "isolationist". Yet you won't hear the anchors or opinion people on Fox news say anything against this extremely isolationist and anti-capitalist idea. Because they are fascists on Fox news and they love isolationism. The even encourage more wars which of course leads to more isolationism. I bring this up because isolation is very bad for everyone in the United States and that is the direction the country has been headed to for a long time.

Travel and trade barriers DO NOT HELP OUR ECONOMY. Travel and trade barriers work only to hurt any and all economies. It isn't simple math to be sure but it is right every time.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
What's the problem?

The problem is that two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest

Originally posted by PuterMan
What's the problem?

The problem is that two wrongs don't make a right.

It isn't wrong to charge entry fees. The cost of customs, visas, security and other necessities when bringing people across borders isn't cheap. Some of it comes from the travelers in because it is the travelers who are necessitating the expense.

If you don't want to pay entry fees then go to countries with no entry fees.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Wow...

I mean....Wow...

Not at the fee, but at the OP and the vitriol spewed forth since...

$14? Thats around £10 in real money. Considering it costs somewhere in the region of £400 for a flight to the USA, £10 is hardly anything to cry about. We also have Visa handling charges, airport taxes etc, as do most countries, so what is the problem? Don't like it, don't go!

Honestly, £10? And you're getting worked up about it? Thats about 5% of my monthly wacky-tobacky budget, or a train ride into London from where I live, or a my every other day visit to the local store to buy bread, milk and chocolate Nesquick....

Haven't you got anything else to get hot and bothered about?

Sorry American peeps, I know not of where the OP hails but his/her vitriol is not one that would seem to be common amongst my fellow Brits I've asked about this. Some replied "Is that all?" and the rest replied "so...?"

EDIT: Just checked and £10 would only get me halfway to London. It's the better part of £20 from where I live...

[edit on 8/8/10 by stumason]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Indonesia charges US$ 25 per entry via. With 10 million visitors per year, thats about US$ 250 million government income from foreigners pocket.

Totally acceptable i think.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Old beater.........$295

Gasoline ...........$180

Spare tire..........$29

Camel-wife........$17

Entrance fee......$14

The look on Sassy's face when asked to pay the fee........priceless.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
What is so wrong with charging people to enter the country? We are a corporate entity, after all.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
maybe we can use that money to pay people to leave......

been said?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute
I hope America falls and hope every other country makes Americans PAY quadruple to enter other countries. But Americans would actually have to leave their country first.

Tons of Americans visit other countries, they just show up as "Canadians" to avoid unnecessary anti-Americanism targeted toward individuals who have no actual direct control over a government that is representative of 300+ million people.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'd pay way more than that. It's a heckofafooookin great place!

I've got 3 years before I can legally (and conscientiously )leave my kid at home and I'm coming to the states for a longer stay than last time.

On my push bike, via Russia then Alaska, Canada then more of the US of A.

Disliking governments is a given. The people are fantastic and the land is stunning.

14 sheets? Pfft. Cheap at half the price.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thank you for the welcome! Very nice of you. I'm not alarmed or put off, been lurking for some time and think I have a good feel for the forum and those who frequent it. I'm still in...
Lol.

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
reply to post by Fresh Air

Welcome to ATS Fresh Air.

Don't be alarmed by Sassy. She seems to possess very few social skills, if any, and she is rude crude and, probably a Muslim man.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Lol. Sad, but kinda true.

Originally posted by Edews
Come now, look at the 14 bucks as charity for a country in dire need.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So don't travel to the States. Problem solved.

I don't really understand what all the hullabaloo is about here....

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
i love the generic hatred of americans seen from so many across the world. people say a lot of stereotypes about us and they probably have never even been to america, maybe they met some obnoxious rich tourist and thought they were a d**che bag. meeting a few rich american tourists at your local bar when they are probably plastered drunk isn't any kind of reasonable indication of what americans are like. trust me the common middleclass american cannot afford to take time off of work, not to mention the cost of traveling and staying in a hotel in another country. i would imagine the media across the world is similar to americas media, aka spewing out biased garbage that the government wants you to hear. you should not and can not form your opinion of americans based on what you saw on tv. we all know tv is nothing but lies. we as americans have no more control over what our government does than anyone else in the world. not all americans follow the same line of thought, we are a country made up of different races from all around the world and people of all different religions. if you insult americans as a whole you are also insulting many of your own people from your very own country, and possibly even some of your relatives. when a country is compromised of people from every region of the planet it should be harder to generalize them, but it's basically all i hear anymore. say what you want about america but we are very tolerant compared to most of the world. if you are an american citizen you are lucky, and you have it better than a lot of people in the world. i am proud to be from america and although i do not fully support our government i love my country, my state, and all of the people in this country whether they agree with my views or not. we have our problems, but it is with our government and for the most part not with our people. america is full of good, hardworking, and generous people who send aid to many places and do their best to help their neighbors in times of need. in my opinion there is no greater place on earth.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Sure, it makes perfect sense to charge people to come into this country.

A circus charges you an admission fee...
and that is essentially what this country has become; a circus with all the clowns in seats of power.

-Nate

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join