It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA to charge people to ENTER

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Great question. I for one, am a bit confused and it seems that Sassy is also more than confused... Are we Americans one in the same, or not?
*Sigh

sassyncute quotes:

Well you lot are all the same. Period. Americans and America are one and the same. You abuse and push your views onto others.

Anyway im done and said my piece. Maybe too much. Sorry to offend any good American Citizens as I know there are some really nice ones who do not back their govs approach.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by sassyncute

Do you think your government is better?

Not too many are. And just how many people do you think support this mess. Defining "support" might help us here.

Absolutely not!! Our Govs are killing our very essence. But we must not allow this OR SUPPORT it in any form.

I class support as those who state that what their gov is doing is "ok" as long as it doesnt effect them. take this post. I am annoyed that the US has the nerve to charge ME or anyone else to enter. Why should they? they imposed the 72 hour internet registry thing and now they want us to pay for it. You see until it happens to you you will never understand.

I go to the US twice a month for work unfortunately and I am not exempt. I have to pay and fill out stupid forms and then I am allowed to make a claim for it back at a later date with he appropriate proof.

No when a US citizen says to me "well it only 14 dollars" they seem stupid to me because this not the point at all. Its the whole idea that back in 2004 i entered the US 14 times without harassment and filling out any forms, just handing over my passport at immigration control. Its not like Im going to the US for a vacation. Im not a terrorist, im not from a middle east country. The whole system is corrupt and I hate it. I think that if America can treat other countries citizens like this (supposed allies) then we need to do the same to their citizens to show them its wrong and that the hassle I have to go though just to travel to the US to do my damn job is ridiculous. Yet (not being big headed) they appointed me for this job knowing I live out of the country.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Ladies and gentleman, do you know the reason behind this fee increase? Its to pay for the deployment of personal and equipment to assist border protection in Arizona. The Democrats made the suggestion and the Republican agreed. The money had to come from someplace.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
Ladies and gentleman, do you know the reason behind this fee increase? Its to pay for the deployment of personal and equipment to assist border protection in Arizona. The Democrats made the suggestion and the Republican agreed. The money had to come from someplace.

Is that true? Wow. Even worse seeming the US spends so much on Black projects.

Thanks for the info Flycatch

good night guys!! going to watch the UFC (recorded form tonight) now with some friends.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by sassyncute]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Jesus was a pedo

Jesus slept with prostitutes all the time

I've never heard this. I'm curious to know where you learned this information?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth

I would imagine that you would crumble if you knew Jesus was just a man who fondled kids and slept with 12 years old girls. That is what he did. Thats your religion RIGHT there.

Sassy, I believe you have mistaken Jesus for Mohammad.

I believe that both are just as bad as each other and both slept with young girls. Jesus slept with young prostitutes all the time and I believe mohammed is just an all out child abuser. religion is the gateway to evil. Pure and simple. All religion should be dissolved.

Sorry sassy, but I have to disagree. What you stated about Mohammad is well documented by Muslims of his day, but what you said about Jesus is not true, there is no proof whatsoever of what you allege.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

Sorry sassy, but I have to disagree. What you stated about Mohammad is well documented by Muslims of his day, but what you said about Jesus is not true, there is no proof whatsoever of what you allege.

I'm thinking maybe satan channeled it to her.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I'm thinking maybe satan channeled it to her.

Ya, I think maybe Satan dialed her direct from the boiler room.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
14$ is cheap!
It costs 20$ US to get into mexico,(and more in a host of other latin american countries....as well the catch 22s for mexico are if you lose your 20$permit, then you cannot leave mexico till you go to the immigration office and pay for another plus a twenty extra....so its bad enough you could be delayed long ehough to miss a flight.....
I notice every country down there has immigration layers for people wanting to come in permanently.....they are strict about immigration too.....
I am sure there is two levels of services in those countrys as well...it costs more for a gringo to do anything....if you get into an accident, you may wind up in jail quickly as well, till it ids established you can pay for the damages wether you are in the wrong or not.
The whole system is designed to cost the avera stranger a lot of dough if you have any trouble at all.......

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Yeah, if you want to enter the U.S., just forgo one fancy meal or a stupid souvenir and buy a cheaper one, like one from a mom n' pop joint. They're usually better anyway. Or you can work an extra hour or two before coming here. If I wanted to visit Jolly ol' England and get some black pudding, and they charged $14 equivalent, I'd hand it over no problem.

Btw, how does blood pudding taste? I know that cooked beef or chicken blood is delectable on bread or saltine crackers. Mmmm.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Masinger]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Sorry you seem to have such a hatred for the American people....
I am an american, and will die an American. One thing we want you to get one thing straight-----the facts-----dont hate the people, hate the LEADERS that f----ed things up for everyone. If you are living a pristine worry free life, then that is great....but unfortunately many of us are not.

Many folks are with their backs against the wall (if someone doesnt take that away, or create a law about that,too).
America would be FANTASTIC, someday, when the govment does their job WORKING FOR THE PEOPLE and NOT the other way around.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
someone is srsly getting worked up over 14 bucks?

lulz, I came in here expecting something like 400 bucks...to get that worked up over something so minuscule? Yea, you mad!!!

If you dont like it, dont come here...simple as that. After reading a few of your posts bitching about us and our gov, why would you care about the small fee then? Or is it, you wanna come here but cannot afford 14 dollas?

If you cant afford 14 big ones, then you probably shouldnt be flying halfway round the world to a country like the US...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Is that true? Wow. Even worse seeming the US spends so much on Black projects.
Thanks for the info Flycatch
good night guys!! going to watch the UFC (recorded form tonight) now with some friends.

lulz.. DONT WATCH IT! Its american! Thought you hated everything american?

And silva wins.. He should have lost, he trolled sonnen big time.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Yagerbombs

Originally posted by Yagerbombs
If you cant afford 14 big ones, then you probably shouldnt be flying halfway round the world to a country like the US...

I think it's more like driving down here from Canada.......but she'd save well over that with the cheap gas prices in the US as opposed to Canada. Some people are just plain ungrateful.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
Yes cause I am such a horrible person!

In case you haven't noticed like 75% of Americans do not support the boneheaded actions of our rulers, and on this board that numbers more like 98%.

Hey!! YOU lot voted in this administration. YOU lot are doing NOTHING to stop it. YOU lot are just complaining and yet sit by watching your nation go down the pan. YOU do nothing.

And no I will not excuse your rudeness just because I caught you at a bad time. You caught the post at a bad time not me catching you.

Its the PEOPLES fault if their country is like the way it is to some extent as when you have voted someone in to power you need to do everything you can to get them out once they abuse it. NO excuses please. You are all adults and need to take responsibility for your FREEDOM! Your voice can not be confined to typed abuse on ATS!!

All I can say is....watch tourism drop seriously over the next 24 months. Maybe you as a people could do something to distance Americans from the US government. Make them two completely separate entities.

I am just annoyed that your country thinks it can treat others the way it does and yet the people do nothing to stop it. So while you do nothing you will be judged as how the world see America.

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Hmmm a simple solution if this annoys you would be to simply not travel to America, no sweat off my back in all honesty, can't stand the place or the people, although i have only been to the 'tourist' areas. Im sure it is not so terrible once you get out in to the real America.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I don't really think anyone thats got enough money for an airline ticket to the US is really going to struggle to find an extra $14

I you want some really unreasonable customs rules try flying to New Zealand where they can issue you with a $200 instant fine for not declaring a half eaten chicken sandwich that you forgot in the bottom of your bag on the customs form.

Well said.
But I do hope they have done their sums. With some of these things, it costs more to administer than what you make.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by starchild10]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
As has already been stated early on in this thread - the US needs every penny it can get as it's already struggling just to meet the interest payments on it's debt!

This measure was peddled a long time ago but was held off, so it was only a matter of time before it came up again and was implemented. When you have airlines, which were charging for checked hold luggage, now considering charges for carry on as well, you know things are getting bad.
As a regular business traveler, it doesn't bother me as many of the places I visit require visas, which my company pays for. As a private traveler, another $14 may not seem much, but when we start being asked to pay extra for luggage as well, it starts making holidays at home more appealing.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
If that $14 dollars is used to make it a bit easier and maybe put a smile on the faces of the passport control workers then I wont mind paying it. It always puts me off going to the States the way you get treated at the Airport.It has put me off visiting in the past which is a shame as I love visiting America and would like to return. It's so much easier to travel to Europe nowadays, with cheap flights and cheap accomodation.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
sassy, I blow 14 bucks a day on cigarettes.

America is the most awesome place on Earth. Gun rights, hot women everywhere, the smartest people, freedom of religion.

America needs to project fear, even to its citizens. Prison rape deters more crime than the death penalty.

I Know our petticoat gubmint people are out of control, but there's a gun to their heads as well. TPTB are not necessarily elected.

You are welcome anytime, just pay up baby.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join